Electric vehicles close to ‘tipping point’ of mass adoption

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
So..progress..as always..being driven by consumer demand:

electric car being charged in street with lead from owners home
In a poll of electric car owners, 91% said they would not want to return to petrol.

Electric vehicles are close to the “tipping point” of rapid mass adoption thanks to the plummeting cost of batteries, experts say.
Global sales rose 43% in 2020, but even faster growth is anticipated when continuing falls in battery prices bring the price of electric cars dipping below that of equivalent petrol and diesel models, even without subsidies. The latest analyses forecast that to happen some time between 2023 and 2025.
The tipping point has already been passed in Norway, where tax breaks mean electric cars are cheaper. The market share of battery-powered cars soared to 54% in 2020 in the Nordic country, compared with less than 5% in most European nations.

Transport is a major source of carbon emissions and electric cars are vital in efforts to fight the climate crisis. But, while they are already cheaper to run, their higher purchase price is a barrier to mass uptake. The other key factor is “range anxiety”, but this week the first factory production began of batteries capable of giving a 200-mile charge in five minutes.

Not in my lifetime ...

ford-mustang-boss-429-1970-by-simon-clay-news-photo-1598884238.jpg

In a poll of electric car owners, 91% said they would not want to return to petrol.

Electric vehicles are close to the “tipping point” of rapid mass adoption thanks to the plummeting cost of batteries, experts say.
Global sales rose 43% in 2020, but even faster growth is anticipated when continuing falls in battery prices bring the price of electric cars dipping below that of equivalent petrol and diesel models, even without subsidies. The latest analyses forecast that to happen some time between 2023 and 2025.
The tipping point has already been passed in Norway, where tax breaks mean electric cars are cheaper. The market share of battery-powered cars soared to 54% in 2020 in the Nordic country, compared with less than 5% in most European nations.

Transport is a major source of carbon emissions and electric cars are vital in efforts to fight the climate crisis. But, while they are already cheaper to run, their higher purchase price is a barrier to mass uptake. The other key factor is “range anxiety”, but this week the first factory production began of batteries capable of giving a 200-mile charge in five minutes.
The grid in this country looks like a Rue Goldberg production.......lolol

We'll be driving like the Flintstones eventually.......Yabba...Dabba....Doooooo

As I've mentioned before, they can have my V12 when they pry it from my cold, dead hands.
Nice pony, yours?

Many of us spend hours in our cars, getting from point A to point B.

The most efficient way to get from A to B might be this...

images.jpg

The most politically correct way of getting from A to B might be this ...

crowded bus.jpg

BUT ... the most enjoyable way of getting from A to B is this ...

maxresdefault.jpg

Many are weaning from petroleum addiction because it is passe economically. currently, using the grid for recharging an electric bike costs about $0.25, and the range is about 20 miles in assistance mode. Badger will be recharging completely from two 100W solar panels for spring, 2021.

Electric vehicles simply aren't practical for rural areas.
Bullshit. The new Tesla Plaid+ S has a range of 520 miles. The top end Cybertruck has a projected range of 620 miles. And people in rural areas usually have land on which they can put large solar installations. Add battery storage, and they are independent of utility companies.

View attachment 449877

View attachment 449878

View attachment 449880
Why should I want that lead sled when this is cheaper and far faster, and has less maintenance;
View attachment 449929

And when it's not longer tax-payer subsidized, I invite you to buy one.

I'm good with what I have.

Electric cars are fine for city dwellers.

But for sport cars and long haul drivers, it’s a no go.
Where have you been the last two years? Tesla Roadster in standard dress gets over 600 miles per charge. And is faster than any other production car. The new Tesla Plaid+ S has a range of 520 miles. And there are over 2000 Tesla supercharing stations in North America.

View attachment 449877

View attachment 449878

View attachment 449880
Why should I want that lead sled when this is cheaper and far faster, and has less maintenance;
View attachment 449929

And when it's not longer tax-payer subsidized, I invite you to buy one.

I'm good with what I have.
Tesla is no longer taxpayer subsidized. They have sold far more than 200,000 cars in the US. And even if the were, the amount of the subsidy hardly matters on a car with a base price of $200,000.

Forum List

Back