Electric vehicles close to ‘tipping point’ of mass adoption

Electric Vehicles are 3% of the market even with government subsidies and them pressuring car manufacturers. The vast majority can't use them because they won't do what people need vehicles to do. Grow the eff up.
Exactly...
Would you buy a new pickup truck like a new Silverado or GMC full size but the Government pays half?
So would I in a heartbeat...

Same thing with the EVs...but no one is taking advantage of the giveaway...that ought to be a big clue there.

Battery technology is not and will not be a solution for EVs.

Exactly...
Would you buy a new pickup truck like a new Silverado or GMC full size but the Government pays half?
So would I in a heartbeat...

Same thing with the EVs...but no one is taking advantage of the giveaway...that ought to be a big clue there.

Battery technology is not and will not be a solution for EVs.
Damn, you are unbelievably ignorant of what is going one with battery technology. By 2025, EV's will be getting far more range on a charge that most vehicles gat on a tank of gas. In fact, the high end Cybertruck is slated to get at least 500 miles per charge, and may get as much as 600 with the new 4680 batteries.

When you get into the super cars, road courses are where it's at.

Agreed about what you're saying, though. Those old-timers don't screw around. Heck, anyone who knows the expense of maintaining them knows that, doesn't matter how old one may be.

You're right about too many rich dudes (or daddy's rich) playing boy racer, too.

Meant to add the other poster into the quote about the dirt tracks but didn't work for some reason. Dirt tracks are fun to watch, but those cats are nuts. lol. They get down, for sure.

I've been thinking about an exotic a lot lately. I dunno. It's not the money, mind you. More along the lines of geography. I like open roads too much.

Open roads are great. I drive them frequently. There are some exotics that are damned good, that don't cost a ton.

Aaaaand there are some that do!

Feel free to ask questions. I've driven most exotics built from the mid 60's up to the present day.

I bought one of the new Vettes, and I am seriously impressed with it. It will hold its own against anything but a hypercar.

Watts Up with That is pseudo-science, denialist kookery and your LA Times story is over three years old.
  • Overall, we rate Watts Up with That a strong pseudoscience and conspiracy website based on the promotion of consistent human-influenced climate denialism propaganda. (2/14/2017) Updated 01/16/2021)

Watts Up with That is pseudo-science, denialist kookery and your LA Times story is over three years old.

Is PBS also pseudo-science, denialist kookery?

It’s been nearly a year and a half since a passenger set foot inside one of SEPTA’s Proterra buses, which cost nearly a million dollars apiece when they rolled out in 2019. Most are now gathering dust in a South Philly bus depot, riven by cracked chassis and other defects. The diesel and hybrid buses that SEPTA planned to replace with the all-electric fleet remain in service, with no timeline for the e-buses to return.

That only makes the matter even worse. Any 3rd grader should be able to see that.

So you're asking, with your car beeping a flashing red light that it is running out of power that you might need to drive another half hour in traffic to find a charging station and hope there aren't already ten cars in line ahead of you? I can drive 1-3 minutes from my home right now and have a choice of at least SEVEN gas stations! That is 28 to 56 gas pumps!

And if I wanted, I could throw a 1-5 gallon can of gas in the back of my truck for an instant refill on the spot to get me out of a pinch.
Well, given that you are a "Conservative", I am not surprised that you would have a problem checking on your battery level once in a while.

Huh?

I'm getting the feeling that you don't understand much about refining or the processing of hydrocarbons. (Petroleum products or coal)

Olfraud doesn't understand much about most things.

That only makes the matter even worse. Any 3rd grader should be able to see that.

So you're asking, with your car beeping a flashing red light that it is running out of power that you might need to drive another half hour in traffic to find a charging station and hope there aren't already ten cars in line ahead of you? I can drive 1-3 minutes from my home right now and have a choice of at least SEVEN gas stations! That is 28 to 56 gas pumps!

And if I wanted, I could throw a 1-5 gallon can of gas in the back of my truck for an instant refill on the spot to get me out of a pinch.
You’re a clown. And you need to be reminded of that reality on a regular basis ;)

It’s been nearly a year and a half since a passenger set foot inside one of SEPTA’s Proterra buses, which cost nearly a million dollars apiece when they rolled out in 2019. Most are now gathering dust in a South Philly bus depot, riven by cracked chassis and other defects. The diesel and hybrid buses that SEPTA planned to replace with the all-electric fleet remain in service, with no timeline for the e-buses to return.

1627187416544.png

• Overall, we rate Watts Up with That a strong pseudoscience and conspiracy website based on the promotion of consistent human-influenced climate denialism propaganda. (2/14/2017) Updated 01/16/2021)

What a lazy ass you are since the second link support the first link and they are true, the City of Philadelphia did shut down all of the E. Buses.

You didn't post your link or an actual counterpoint to real articles.

That is LAZY!

Open roads are great. I drive them frequently. There are some exotics that are damned good, that don't cost a ton.

Aaaaand there are some that do!

Feel free to ask questions. I've driven most exotics built from the mid 60's up to the present day.

I bought one of the new Vettes, and I am seriously impressed with it. It will hold its own against anything but a hypercar.
Oh, really. I knew you said you were gonna pick one up. I didn't know if you were definitely decided on it, though. You lucky dog.

Let's see that thing.

Actually, are you over on the corvette forum? If not, you should be. They have a C8 section.

There are times when I think hard on the C8. And then there are times I think the 2020 tooks too much like a Ferrari than a Corvette. Even though I think the Vette is actually faster than the Ferrari. But then I think to myself if I wanted a Ferrari I'd probably go with a bit of an older one. But then i'm like, gawdangit, I should pick up a C8. lol.

An old friend from the 2012 campaign who recently passed took his C8 to the track.

It was his first time, though, but he did alright with it.

Last edited:

I’ve never heard of Proterra. They are not a major player.

Oh, really. I knew you said you were gonna pick one up. I didn't know if you were definitely decided on it, though. You lucky dog.

Let's see that thing.

Actually, are you over on the corvette forum? If not, you should be. They have a C8 section.

There are times when I think hard on the C8. And then there are times I think the 2020 tooks too much like a Ferrari than a Corvette. Even though I think the Vette is actually faster than the Ferrari. But then I think to myself if I wanted a Ferrari I'd probably go with a bit of an older one. But then i'm like, gawdangit, I should pick up a C8. lol.

An old friend from the 2012 campaign who recently passed took his C8 to the track.

It was his first time, though, but he did alright with it.

I actually have no pics of it yet! I will remedy that! Here is the cutaway that GM brought to the last Monterey Classics.

It's the reason I decided to buy the car.

Attachments

• 20190817_132253.jpg
    20190817_132253.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20190817_132229.jpg
    20190817_132229.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20190817_132225.jpg
    20190817_132225.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20190817_132218.jpg
    20190817_132218.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 11
I actually have no pics of it yet! I will remedy that! Here is the cutaway that GM brought to the last Monterey Classics.

It's the reason I decided to buy the car.

Yeah. Saw those over on the corvette forum.

c5056aff_0a07_498c_922f_144c313d69ca_5ea5b68ff047b22e3585288f3ed05c29ae635323.jpeg

Sigh.

Now you have me thinking about it again, WW. What the heck, man. lol.

They keep posting their new ones as they get them.

p1007693_c4aafbbff70ba4034a567eb70d4d8cbf87f847df.jpg

murdered_out_black_c8_corvette_rims_adv1_wheels_speed_society_mid_engine_modified_i_b95e03868e__742df8130cfd82653f612327b04a2e529b3bef62.jpg

90165836_10222184872949799_9143140815109881856_o_22599403d413305a54081987621020dd9742f4af.jpg

https:__ep9.xhcdn.com_000_125_709_901_1000.jpg

screenshot_43__100542a60378dd8670947906c2afeb352ca2400f.png

83578624_2227600457534927_1813816516087331468_n_9d4b78333f8e9c0b59207bd7145e23e54b85c7ac.jpg

87236253_540478143258029_5966581828912034431_n_1f7cc10c1f29c1964ce8998e319402a4097ff2b9.jpg

There's just too many to post...

Last edited:
That is correct. And the Tesla S Plaid is limited at 200 mph. Most Tesla's will do at least 130 mph. And even the Y Performance will show up Detroit iron.

Again these acceleration contests are meaningless.

No one is disputing that electric motors win in the torque ratings.

Anyone who has used a battery powered drill knows that they can crank enough torque to break your wrist.

No one is going to be accelerating from 0 to 60 in 3 seconds every chance they get.

We are far from a tipping point for Evs. And in reality they are no "greener" than any high MPG car on the road today

I think if I got one I'd get a white one with a tan/saddle interior

That is actually a good color combo. Amazingly enough you blend into the crowd really well. I can't count the times I've avoided tickets because the cops blew by without seeing me.

Forum List

Back