Doctors Going Out of Business

There is no 'certification' of anything through the AMA.

But the AMA does pay congress to grant or pull certification. Hence, they control it.

The Evil-Mongering Of The American Medical Association - Forbes

And aren't you libertarians familiar with party dogma? Cartels and guilds are bad for competition. If you disagree, just how do you explain the physician shortage? Do you think Americans are just unwilling to work at $400,000 jobs? Are you unaware of just how many applicants there are for every med school slot?

Think again.
Who sets the standards for Physicians to practice in the USA.
Hint: It's NOT the AMA.

AMA does pay congress to grant or pull certification

You gathered that nut ^^ from your link? How embarrassing for you.

Don't get sucked into a vortex of fail from an article written in 2009 using a 2007 study comparing US Doctors to the rest of the world whose author has an obvious dislike for Republicans and loves Democrats.

And besides, the AMA was FOR the ACA before they came out against it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_Protection_and_Affordable_Care_Act
On December 23, the Senate voted 60–39 to end debate on the bill: a cloture vote to end the filibuster by opponents. The bill then passed by a vote of 60–39 on December 24, 2009, with all Democrats and two independents voting for, and all Republicans voting against (except for Jim Bunning, who did not vote).[102] The bill was endorsed by the AMA and AARP.[103]

AMA: House of Delegates Backs Individual Mandate

Jun 20, 2011
CHICAGO -- The American Medical Association's House of Delegates has reaffirmed its support of individual responsibility -- including a requirement that most U.S. residents buy health insurance -- as the foundation of universal coverage.

Last edited:
If you couldn't back up your story, you should have simply admitted it.

Would anyone care to explain exactly how the ACA drives doctors out of business? All of those claiming it's happening are curiously unwilling to explain how. We've gotten a little vague mumbling about how complicated insurance is, which is pretty stupid, being the ACA didn't invent insurance. And a story about some kook rambling about "not working for the government", which is bullshit, because I guarantee said doctor loved him his Medicare.

And does anyone want to explain how the ACA somehow created a doctor shortage that started decades ago?

ACA accelerated a shortage in two ways.

1) Massive expansion of Medicaid which, in most stares, doesn't reimburse for the actual cost of a patient and doctors take a loss.

2) Sheer volumes of paperwork, new regulations and new codes...get one number off, reimbursement DENIED. It's not worth the hassle.

Got a letter from my orthopaedic surgeon, an old friend from high school. He is closing his practice. A local general practitioner placed ads in the local paper recently announcing that he is going to a cash only business plan. An acquaintance told me of two others that she is familiar with who have decided to quit. All make it very clear that Obamacare is the reason for their decisions.

Anybody else have similar stories from their neighborhoods?

Sucks to be them.... here affordable care hasn't even been in full operation yet and you want us to believe that you know a doctors who is quitting the business ... could it be that the previous health care plans are what killed his practice instead of Affordable care act... after all this is the first month that it has become actual law for people to have health care ... could his problem be all these people who didn't have health care who filed for bankruptcy causing him to lose his ass could that be the real reason his practice failing...

Got a letter from my orthopaedic surgeon, an old friend from high school. He is closing his practice. A local general practitioner placed ads in the local paper recently announcing that he is going to a cash only business plan. An acquaintance told me of two others that she is familiar with who have decided to quit. All make it very clear that Obamacare is the reason for their decisions.

Sucks to be them.... here affordable care hasn't even been in full operation yet and you want us to believe that you know a doctors who is quitting the business ... could it be that the previous health care plans are what killed his practice instead of Affordable care act... after all this is the first month that it has become actual law for people to have health care ... could his problem be all these people who didn't have health care who filed for bankruptcy causing him to lose his ass could that be the real reason his practice failing...

You do realize that docs and insurance companies have been having to get ready for this for the past several years, right? They didn't just wake up on Jan. 1 and said "ok, let's go". You do know this. Right?? Cause from what you posted you sure sound like you have no clue.

You do realize that docs and insurance companies have been having to get ready for this for the past several years, right? They didn't just wake up on Jan. 1 and said "ok, let's go". You do know this. Right?? Cause from what you posted you sure sound like you have no clue.

what they have been doing up to date before the actual sign up is protect the people losing their health care ... they still didn't have to have health care ... they do now .. they also did a few things to keep the companies for kicking you off health care plan until you were able to sigh up which had noting to do with a practice failing but to suggest to us here that they all had health carer and their bills were getting paid when clearly they weren't ... other wise his practice wouldn't be failing if he was getting paid ...many people up to this point have been filing bankruptcy which says a lot about you in what you know and what you don't know .... these doctor who are failing right now have nothing to do with the Affordable care act passing ... it had everything to do with people being able to pay them thats why they are failing... from lack of payment you idiot ... not the affordable care act...

Last edited:

what they have been doing up to date before the actual sign up is protect the people losing their health care ... they still didn't have to have health care ... they do now .. they also did a few things to keep the companies for kicking you off health care plan until you were able to sigh up which had noting to do with a practice failing but to suggest to us here that they all had health carer and their bills were getting paid when clearly they weren't ... other wise his practice wouldn't be failing if he was getting paid ...many people up to this point have been filing bankruptcy which says a lot about you in what you know and what you don't know .... these doctor who are failing right now have nothing to do with the Affordable care act passing ... it had everything to do with people being able to pay them thats why they are failing... from lack of payment you idiot ... not the affordable care act...

So you're saying you really don't know and can only fall back on your own assumptions.

I asked my dermatologist point blank if it was because of obummercare that he's quitting.
His answer without hesitation was "YES". He stated he didn't want to have to jump through all the hoops that's been put in front of him because of obummercare.

Anything else you say can only be spin on your behalf. :eusa_eh:

Do you know what this is a picture of? It's a picture of the new regulations associated with (un)aca. 20,000, give or take.

BFGcd8oCUAEEc7k.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/McConnellPress/status/311201887565271040/photo/1

Please, do tell me again how docs leaving have nothing to do with the (un)aca.

So you're saying you really don't know and can only fall back on your own assumptions.

I asked my dermatologist point blank if it was because of obummercare that he's quitting.
His answer without hesitation was "YES". He stated he didn't want to have to jump through all the hoops that's been put in front of him because of obummercare.

Anything else you say can only be spin on your behalf. :eusa_eh:

The good news is that Medical Schools in Bangladesh are cranking-up production of Demitologists with US Visas

Mine went out of business and she went to work for a Hospital.
The new health Care plan makes it very hard for a General Practitioner to keep their private practice.

Good! Thin out the greedy ones who are just looking to gouge and pad their insurance bills from the vast majority of actual doctors who are in the business to do good medicine.

Good! Thin out the greedy ones who are just looking to gouge and pad their insurance bills from the vast majority of actual doctors who are in the business to do good medicine.

:lol: I can't wait to hear you people whine in a few years about how it's taking three months for you to get in to see your doctor because there aren't enough around to meet the demand anymore.. :lol:

:lol: I can't wait to hear you people whine in a few years about how it's taking three months for you to get in to see your doctor because there aren't enough around to meet the demand anymore.. :lol:
Medical schools have full capacity.

Medical schools have full capacity.

Do you have links to that?

What, you think medical schools have seats for students they can't fill? Tell that to all the pre-meds working hard for perfect grades, so they'll have a chance at one of the slots that have a dozen people aiming for it.

In a sane world, people respond to a shortage of doctors by demanding we expand medical schools to graduate more doctors. In kook right world, they respond to a decades-old doctor shortage by blaming a program that just started.

Last edited:

My dermatologist retired 5 years sooner than he intended last Sept. Because of obummercare.

so why would he have to retire because of Obama care ... what in obama care caused this dermatologis to retire ...

Forum List

Back