Doctors Going Out of Business

There is no 'certification' of anything through the AMA.

But the AMA does pay congress to grant or pull certification. Hence, they control it.

The Evil-Mongering Of The American Medical Association - Forbes

And aren't you libertarians familiar with party dogma? Cartels and guilds are bad for competition. If you disagree, just how do you explain the physician shortage? Do you think Americans are just unwilling to take $400,000 jobs? Are you unaware of just how many applicants there are for every med school slot?

Just how long do you think those jobs are going to be available when O'care is fully implemented, if ever....:lol: You are going to be treated by student nurses, no doubt.

according to the CB0 and Namcy pelosi they should be in the final hiring by 2020 thats what the cbo report she quoted from ...

Got a letter from my orthopaedic surgeon, an old friend from high school. He is closing his practice. A local general practitioner placed ads in the local paper recently announcing that he is going to a cash only business plan. An acquaintance told me of two others that she is familiar with who have decided to quit. All make it very clear that Obamacare is the reason for their decisions.

Anybody else have similar stories from their neighborhoods?

My dermatologist retired 5 years sooner than he intended last Sept. Because of obummercare.

so why would he have to retire because of Obama care ... what in obama care caused this dermatologis to retire ...
The added work to be done to fit the new requirements from obummercare. The example that he gave me was....in the past if a person had a lesion on his skin, he would report it as a lesion and that would be a catch all. Now there's 13 pages of lesions and if he happens to tag the wrong lesion he is subject to a $5, 000 dollar fine.

Got a letter from my orthopaedic surgeon, an old friend from high school. He is closing his practice. A local general practitioner placed ads in the local paper recently announcing that he is going to a cash only business plan. An acquaintance told me of two others that she is familiar with who have decided to quit. All make it very clear that Obamacare is the reason for their decisions.

*yawn*

Unsubstantiated bullshit. Link us up.

True story: A doctor friend of mine had to close his practice Monday. He was highly dependent upon Medicare and Medicaid in that he was a hearing doctor and sold hearing aids.

DAMN YOU OBAMA! Why did you make him die at the young age of 55!

If you couldn't back up your story, you should have simply admitted it.

Would anyone care to explain exactly how the ACA drives doctors out of business? All of those claiming it's happening are curiously unwilling to explain how. We've gotten a little vague mumbling about how complicated insurance is, which is pretty stupid, being the ACA didn't invent insurance. And a story about some kook rambling about "not working for the government", which is bullshit, because I guarantee said doctor loved him his Medicare.

And does anyone want to explain how the ACA somehow created a doctor shortage that started decades ago?

ACA accelerated a shortage in two ways.

1) Massive expansion of Medicaid which, in most stares, doesn't reimburse for the actual cost of a patient and doctors take a loss.

2) Sheer volumes of paperwork, new regulations and new codes...get one number off, reimbursement DENIED. It's not worth the hassle.

2b) compared to denying you completely before obama care .... making you go to a court to try and get your health care to pay for it ... if you couldn't get your health care to pay for it you ended up filed bankruptcy ...

Last edited by a moderator:
My dermatologist retired 5 years sooner than he intended last Sept. Because of obummercare.

so why would he have to retire because of Obama care ... what in obama care caused this dermatologis to retire ...
The added work to be done to fit the new requirements from obummercare. The example that he gave me was....in the past if a person had a lesion on his skin, he would report it as a lesion and that would be a catch all. Now there's 13 pages of lesions and if he happens to tag the wrong lesion he is subject to a $5, 000 dollar fine.

Man....there really is no bottom to the bullshit barrel here.

You do realize that docs and insurance companies have been having to get ready for this for the past several years, right? They didn't just wake up on Jan. 1 and said "ok, let's go". You do know this. Right?? Cause from what you posted you sure sound like you have no clue.

what they have been doing up to date before the actual sign up is protect the people losing their health care ... they still didn't have to have health care ... they do now .. they also did a few things to keep the companies for kicking you off health care plan until you were able to sigh up which had noting to do with a practice failing but to suggest to us here that they all had health carer and their bills were getting paid when clearly they weren't ... other wise his practice wouldn't be failing if he was getting paid ...many people up to this point have been filing bankruptcy which says a lot about you in what you know and what you don't know .... these doctor who are failing right now have nothing to do with the Affordable care act passing ... it had everything to do with people being able to pay them thats why they are failing... from lack of payment you idiot ... not the affordable care act...

So you're saying you really don't know and can only fall back on your own assumptions.

I asked my dermatologist point blank if it was because of obummercare that he's quitting.
His answer without hesitation was "YES". He stated he didn't want to have to jump through all the hoops that's been put in front of him because of obummercare.

Anything else you say can only be spin on your behalf. :eusa_eh:

HUMM my own assumptions... so if it is my own assumptions then what in the bill that came in affect january 1 that caused his practice to fail ??? can you tell us what it was that caused it to fail or are you once again talking about things you know nothing about ...

so what you're saying is it was 0k before obama care that he jumped through all the hoops with the previous health care ...but because he gets payment now, because of obama care he doesn't want to jump through all those hoops ... sounds like a lazy doctor to me ...

it amazes me how many of you experts here tell us how the system works when nobody has really gone throught the new system yet... could it be that the new system keeps doctors honest from over charging them 3 and 4 times and that's why he doesn't like the new paper work ... no that couldn't be it now could it ... or could it be you see how he over charges you because he's one of these doctors that thinks his shit doesn't stink and he can charge you up the ass... they are out there you know or am I just assuming to much here ... again .. with a family in the medical trad I don't know everything going on but I know enough to know whose full of bull shit here and that would be you...

Last edited:

Sucks to be them.... here affordable care hasn't even been in full operation yet and you want us to believe that you know a doctors who is quitting the business ... could it be that the previous health care plans are what killed his practice instead of Affordable care act... after all this is the first month that it has become actual law for people to have health care ... could his problem be all these people who didn't have health care who filed for bankruptcy causing him to lose his ass could that be the real reason his practice failing...

You do realize that docs and insurance companies have been having to get ready for this for the past several years, right? They didn't just wake up on Jan. 1 and said "ok, let's go". You do know this. Right?? Cause from what you posted you sure sound like you have no clue.

sarcasm you do understand it I hope... yes I'm quit aware whats happening but to say you're quitting your practice because of the paper work is ridiculous ... they are quitting the business because they realize that they can't make it on a cash only business ...

what they have been doing up to date before the actual sign up is protect the people losing their health care ... they still didn't have to have health care ... they do now .. they also did a few things to keep the companies for kicking you off health care plan until you were able to sigh up which had noting to do with a practice failing but to suggest to us here that they all had health carer and their bills were getting paid when clearly they weren't ... other wise his practice wouldn't be failing if he was getting paid ...many people up to this point have been filing bankruptcy which says a lot about you in what you know and what you don't know .... these doctor who are failing right now have nothing to do with the Affordable care act passing ... it had everything to do with people being able to pay them thats why they are failing... from lack of payment you idiot ... not the affordable care act...

Do you know what this is a picture of? It's a picture of the new regulations associated with (un)aca. 20,000, give or take.

Please, do tell me again how docs leaving have nothing to do with the (un)aca.

what I can say is you're so full of bull shit it makes me laugh ... like I said you'll post anything to prove your point even if its a lie so what your saying here, for all of us here to believe that for every person who goes to the doctor they will have to fill out all that pater work for one person ... yes I'm still laughing at you ... :rofl:

So you're saying you really don't know and can only fall back on your own assumptions.

I asked my dermatologist point blank if it was because of obummercare that he's quitting.
His answer without hesitation was "YES". He stated he didn't want to have to jump through all the hoops that's been put in front of him because of obummercare.

Anything else you say can only be spin on your behalf. :eusa_eh:

The good news is that Medical Schools in Bangladesh are cranking-up production of Demitologists with US Visas

must be because they don't mind that tower of paper work HUH!!!!

Good! Thin out the greedy ones who are just looking to gouge and pad their insurance bills from the vast majority of actual doctors who are in the business to do good medicine.

:lol: I can't wait to hear you people whine in a few years about how it's taking three months for you to get in to see your doctor because there aren't enough around to meet the demand anymore.. :lol:
Medical schools have full capacity.

don't let him know man he might get in ahead of us ...

now your out and out lying ...

nobody subject to any fine if they filled out the form wrong... that's just out and out lying.. I say show us in the Affordable care act bill where it says you will be fine 5000 dollars for filling it out wrong ... I love to see that page ...

Last edited:

Not lying. The only problem is just the stupidity on your behalf Lone Goofball.

nobody subject to any fine if they filled out the form wrong... that's just out and out lying.. I say show us in the Affordable care act bill where it says you will be fine 5000 dollars for filling it out wrong ... I love to see that page ...

You asked and I answered....without a lie. I don't have to show you anything. I just stated why my Dr. gave it up....and the reason why. So stick your head up your ass and roll down the sidewalk. :eusa_whistle:

Do you know what this is a picture of? It's a picture of the new regulations associated with (un)aca. 20,000, give or take.

Please, do tell me again how docs leaving have nothing to do with the (un)aca.

what I can say is you're so full of bull shit it makes me laugh ... like I said you'll post anything to prove your point even if its a lie so what your saying here, for all of us here to believe that for every person who goes to the doctor they will have to fill out all that pater work for one person ... yes I'm still laughing at you ... :rofl:

You're dumber than a bag of rocks. Seriously.

That pic isn't a list of what a doc needs to fill out, derp. It is a list of all the new regs (20,000) that are in the (un)aca. Docs must know these regs, follow them, and yes paperwork will increase. And YES, docs are fleeing because it is too much bullshit, too much gov't, too many regs.

You asked and I answered....without a lie. I don't have to show you anything. I just stated why my Dr. gave it up....and the reason why. So stick your head up your ass and roll down the sidewalk. :eusa_whistle:

Hey [MENTION=17949]Meister[/MENTION]

Billye picks up where Greenbeard left off. ;)

Nice speculation on both sides but reports on the first quarter ACA results will come out in the second quarter at about the same time that retail layoffs that will be blamed on the ACA hit.

it amazes me how many of you experts here tell us how the system works when nobody has really gone throught the new system yet...

Silly boy...Docs, clinics, hospitals, treatment centers, etc, etc, have been gearing up for ACA for a few years now.

could it be that the new system keeps doctors honest from over charging them 3 and 4 times and that's why he doesn't like the new paper work ... no that couldn't be it now could it ...

:lol:

Proof you have no clue on how insurance companies contract with practitioners.

or could it be you see how he over charges you because he's one of these doctors that thinks his shit doesn't stink and he can charge you up the ass... they are out there you know or am I just assuming to much here ... again .. with a family in the medical trad I don't know everything going on but I know enough to know whose full of bull shit here and that would be you...
:lol:

More proof you have no clue on how insurance companies contract with practitioners.

Oh and [MENTION=36822]billyerock1991[/MENTION] ...you chickened out in this thread when I showed you evidence.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...oid-death-spiral-post8502512.html#post8502512

AMA Certification?

AMA is a trade association made up of dues paying members.
There is no 'certification' of anything through the AMA.

That's why I wanted his source. Also only about 15 to 20% of doctors belong to the AMA.

you're close... last I check it was 29% that belong to the AMA ...

:lmao:

Undated Wiki Answers! Which is also the reason you don't post links.

:rofl:

By their own numbers (and supported by multiple sites I have been reviewing for the SAME QUESTION today) their membership accounts for 29% of the Medical Doctors.
15 percent of doctors are members of AMA

Forum List

Back