Do You Support A Woman's Right To Choose?

I have never said anything about making abortion illegal. Nor should death be the solution to people abandoning their children. My stance has always been tied to the Milgram experiment. The Milgram experiment shows that when people in authority announce that something clearly wrong is right, sixty-five percent of the population will follow what those in authority say. (The lemming in us, I suppose.)

You might have a point. When your church said Crusades, Witch-burnings, Inquisition, child abuse were okay, people totally went along with it.

It has nothing to do with abortion, though, because women were having just as many abortions before Roe as after Roe.

My position is that government should be firm in its stance that it in no way supports taking an innocent life, because it is any government's responsibility to protect life. While it abhors abortion and believes the taking of an innocent life to be wrong, government will not waste time prosecuting. Abortion is not a right. However, if that is the type of person/citizen you wish to be...shrug, but government stands as a protector.

Fetuses still aren't people. And again, just saying "abortion bad", you get to be like the Philippines, where half a million Filipinas get half-ass back ally abortions no matter how much the church screams at them.

In short, every single one of us should keep in mind that people in authority can convince 65% (the greater majority of us) to do something wrong. Bet we can come up with quite a list of things the government has convinced us is not wrong. Slavery and abortion head the list.

Except not really. Slavery was something that had to be enforced by the force of government. The whole Dred Scott thing and the Fugitive Slave Act come to mind. Without the government enforcing slavery, the slaves just walk off and leave. Because that's what an actual human being can do.

The government really tried to outlaw abortion, and women had them anyway. The real problem with Roe is that the Justices thought they were just doing what they did with Griswald when they eliminated unworkable contraception laws. The laws were dumb, no one was following them, let's just get them off the books.

Unfortunately, the religious twits found abortion a great issue to get asses in pews, so they kept harping on it. And harping on it. And now we have a situation where the barking dog is going to finally catch the car.

This is a hot topic among both sides these days, I think we can ALL agree on that.

The Left's position of course is that no one has the right to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her own body.

If she chooses to murder her unborn child than that should be her choice.

We are ALL clear on this position.

So my question to those on the Left is .....

Do you support a woman's right to choose if that choice is to not get the vaccine.

Is it still her body, her choice?

Firstly, why do you think all people who want abortion rights are lefties?
Where's your evidence of that?

Secondly, if she chooses not to have it, It's her right.

Obviously you are against abortions and that is your right. Because of the godbotherers believing they are doing gods work, they want to deny her the right to abortion. Where's her freedom with that decision? No one has that right especially some idiot who thinks there's a god.
Let's be clear on this. The whole abortion debate is religious driven.
The vaccine debate is different slightly.
Not sure of figures but the antivaxxers are majoritively republicans and base it on some conspiracy theories and hatred for Biden. They're happy to smoke and drink beer but won't have a jab to possibly save their life. Go figure.

You are arguing viability. Not humanness. The human life cycle begins at conception and ends at death. Every point along that continuum he or she is fully human and has the appropriate characteristics, traits and attributes for that stage of the human life cycle.

Life begins at conception. This isn't based upon an opinion. This is based upon scientific facts. I have posted at least six expert opinions on this so far. There are many more.
I've always argued viability.

Just as I have always acknowledged that a fertilized human egg is human.

But there is more to personhood than a cell with human DNA

Last edited:
I simply support a woman's right to privacy. The government has no business knowing if a woman is pregnant or not pregnant, until it is obvious with her showing pregnancy.

Like i said I don't really worry about embryos that can't survive outside the womb.

Such a small percentage of pregnancies ever end in abortion that it doesn't even register on the population scale.
What does that have to do with it being wrong to end a human life?

I've always argued viability.

Just as I have always acknowledged that a fertilized human egg is human.

But there is more to personhood than a cell with human DNA
Actually there isn't. DNA is how persons are identified. You literally view some human life as property to be disposed of at the the will of the owner.

What does that have to do with it being wrong to end a human life?
We as a society have defined when it is acceptable to end a human life.

Actually there isn't. DNA is how persons are identified. You literally view some human life as property to be disposed of at the the will of the owner.

A strand of DNA is not a person much like a fingerprint is not a person

We as a society have defined when it is acceptable to end a human life.

A strand of DNA is not a person much like a fingerprint is not a person
Right and wrong isn't determined by popular opinion. Right and wrong is defined by logic and reason.

I never said DNA is a person. I said DNA defines who the person is and DNA is used to identify people.

Right and wrong isn't determined by popular opinion. Right and wrong is defined by logic and reason.

I never said DNA is a person. I said DNA defines who the person is and DNA is used to identify people.
Right and wrong are determined by the society that makes the law that govern it.

It is not wrong to kill in self defense
It is not wrong to kill in war
It is not wrong to kill certain criminals

We accept all those reasons for killing.

DNA is not a person and a few cells with DNA is not a person.

Right and wrong are determined by the society that makes the law that govern it.

It is not wrong to kill in self defense
It is not wrong to kill in war
It is not wrong to kill certain criminals

We accept all those reasons for killing.

DNA is not a person and a few cells with DNA is not a person.
Given that you don't believe it is wrong to kill a baby in the womb I'm not surprised you have convinced yourself that society can define right and wrong to be anything they choose.

Given that you don't believe it is wrong to kill a baby in the womb I'm not surprised you have convinced yourself that society can define right and wrong to be anything they choose.
A few cells isn't a baby.

And yeah societies not only can but they have defined what is acceptable and unacceptable behaviors for as long as societies have existed. Hell society has decided for you what god you believe in.

A few cells isn't a baby.

And yeah societies not only can but they have defined what is acceptable and unacceptable behaviors for as long as societies have existed. Hell society has decided for you what god you believe in.
Still making the "it's not human argument." Nazis made that argument against Jews to justify killing them.

Again... right and wrong is not decided by popular vote. It is decided by logic. If you think it's ok to kill an innocent life, that's on you. If I believed as you do I'd try to change the subject too.

Still making the "it's not human argument." Nazis made that argument against Jews to justify killing them.

Again... right and wrong is not decided by popular vote. It is decided by logic. If you think it's ok to kill an innocent life, that's on you. If I believed as you do I'd try to change the subject too.
OK once again I will ask your lying ass to quote the post where i said what you are claiming .

If you had any integrity you would not have to make up something and attribute it to me just so you can argue against it.

So USE THE FUCKING QUOTE FUNCTION OR GO FUCK YOURSELF

OK once again I will ask your lying ass to quote the post where i said what you are claiming .

If you had any integrity you would not have to make up something and attribute it to me just so you can argue against it.

So USE THE FUCKING QUOTE FUNCTION OR GO FUCK YOURSELF
You dehumanize human life to assuage your guilt so you can feel better about promoting the ending of innocent human lives.

You dehumanize human life to assuage your guilt so you can feel better about promoting the ending of innocent human lives.
I have done no such thing and you cannot find any post where i said that.

SO once again GO FUCK YOURSELF

I have done no such thing and you cannot find any post where i said that.

SO once again GO FUCK YOURSELF
They are just cells to you. Not human beings. It's because they are just cells to you - that's the dehumanizing part - that makes it so easy for you to callously dismiss the ending of their lives.

They are just cells to you. Not human beings. It's because they are just cells to you - that's the dehumanizing part - that makes it so easy for you to callously dismiss the ending of their lives.

Quote me or fuck off.

They are just cells to you. But science tells us they are human beings in the earliest stage of the human life cycle which begins at conception and ends at death.
I never said the cells weren't human

so once again quote me saying what you claim or FUCK OFF

I never said the cells weren't human

so once again quote me saying what you claim or FUCK OFF
Abortion is the ending of a human life. Not just any human life, but a very specific person. A person that has never existed and will never exist again.

That's the science.

Forum List

Back