Canadian Convoy Astroturf

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
It’s pretty damn funny watching the American alt-right getting all snowflakey over their culture wars in another country they never pay attention to and know little about, all the while endorsing lawlessness and chaos they’d otherwise condemn if black people and antifa idiots were doing the same thing.

But this isn’t about “freedom.” It’s about 24/7 culture wars, “owning the libs,” acting like a petulant three-year old when you don’t get what you want when you want it no matter what because feelings, rage-clicking, and getting soaked by the grifters because RAORRR!! Anger! Whargarbal!!

This commentator shows how little interest there is online about the Ottawa convoys from, you know, actual real people.

What I’ve seen in small doses poking around convoy posts actually lines up with new findings which were partially published by group of researchers last week in The Atlantic: It’s looking more and more likely that a huge bulky of Facebook’s content in America is being created by an incredibly small pocket of absolutely deranged power users who spend their days fantasizing about political violence in the comments of conservative Facebook pages. And the researchers in The Atlanticzeroed in on Shapiro’s page as a hotbed for this exact kind of activity.​

But, most importantly of all, I’m not even sure you can define this as “viral”. There may be real people engaging with these stories, but they aren’t spreading in any meaningful way beyond the handful of giant pages pushing them. And those pages are getting much less engagement compared to where they were two or three years ago. Instead, I think it’s probably time to call this what it is: a fringe Canadian protest movement being promoted by a glorified tweetdecking operation run by a bunch of American influencers as a desperate attempt to keep their accounts relevant.

Nailed it!

It’s pretty damn funny watching the American alt-right getting all snowflakey over their culture wars in another country they never pay attention to and know little about, all the while endorsing lawlessness and chaos they’d otherwise condemn if black people and antifa idiots were doing the same thing.

But this isn’t about “freedom.” It’s about 24/7 culture wars, “owning the libs,” acting like a petulant three-year old when you don’t get what you want when you want it no matter what because feelings, rage-clicking, and getting soaked by the grifters because RAORRR!! Anger! Whargarbal!!

This commentator shows how little interest there is online about the Ottawa convoys from, you know, actual real people.

What I’ve seen in small doses poking around convoy posts actually lines up with new findings which were partially published by group of researchers last week in The Atlantic: It’s looking more and more likely that a huge bulky of Facebook’s content in America is being created by an incredibly small pocket of absolutely deranged power users who spend their days fantasizing about political violence in the comments of conservative Facebook pages. And the researchers in The Atlanticzeroed in on Shapiro’s page as a hotbed for this exact kind of activity.​

But, most importantly of all, I’m not even sure you can define this as “viral”. There may be real people engaging with these stories, but they aren’t spreading in any meaningful way beyond the handful of giant pages pushing them. And those pages are getting much less engagement compared to where they were two or three years ago. Instead, I think it’s probably time to call this what it is: a fringe Canadian protest movement being promoted by a glorified tweetdecking operation run by a bunch of American influencers as a desperate attempt to keep their accounts relevant.

Nailed it!

All part of the same fight, and it's funny to see how nervous this makes progs like you.

Ordinary people, even some more on your side than ours, getting sick of the bullshit. Look at the 3 SF School board members recalled That couldn't have happened if just "a right wing wacko fringe" was ticked off about all the bullshit.

But keep toeing the lefty line that this is somehow just quacks and shills.

Nailed it!

No moron, it’s about not being forced to take an experimental, unsafe “vaccine” that doesn’t even work.

Hearing that this Canadian convoy thing was funded from the US came as no surprise at all. Our right-wingers are now exporting their blind rage.

Dude, there has been stories on GoFundMe and other funding sites for weeks, and you think this is new news?

I always find it comical that progressives love "outside money" when one of their nutters runs in a hard red state's more blue areas.

Nailed it!

Mierda de Toro.

Nailed it!

Where did Toro go?
Because the Toro I knew before, would not speak of the BLM/Antifa riots and the Canadian truckers as if they are even a little comparative.

Dude, there has been stories on GoFundMe and other funding sites for weeks, and you think this is new news?

I always find it comical that progressives love "outside money" when one of their nutters runs in a hard red state's more blue areas.
Whatever. There's a lot of right wing nutters out there. What are you going to do when one of them pulls another McVeigh? One guy with a truck full of explosives could really fuck things up for you.

Whatever. There's a lot of right wing nutters out there. What are you going to do when one of them pulls another McVeigh? One guy with a truck full of explosives could really fuck things up for you.

you gotta go back to that WP asshole, someone that only other WP assholes supported and try to link him to this stuff? Man that's pathetic.

Anti-fa and BLM caused months of property damage as well as several deaths, and their antics are far more supported by the mainstream left than any WP idiot is supported by the mainstream right.

you gotta go back to that WP asshole, someone that only other WP assholes supported and try to link him to this stuff? Man that's pathetic.

Anti-fa and BLM caused months of property damage as well as several deaths, and their antics are far more supported by the mainstream left than any WP idiot is supported by the mainstream right.
I'm talking about a terrorist attack by some paranoid nutball that actually believes all the crap you people say. You know it's all bullshit but not everyone is in on this con game. The possibility is there, are you prepared to defend terrorism as valid political discourse?

I'm talking about a terrorist attack by some paranoid nutball that actually believes all the crap you people say. You know it's all bullshit but not everyone is in on this con game. The possibility is there, are you prepared to defend terrorism as valid political discourse?

He was a WP nutter, who got what he deserved, from decades ago.

Your side would give him 3 hots and a cot, not the needle.

Revolution is a valid political discourse when all else has failed. McVeigh wasn't a revolutionary, he was a criminal and got justice.

It would be by someone like you that is paid by the government to make it look like the opposition did it, so let not pretend you wouldn’t jump for a chance for shame and dishonor if you knew it would destroy your opposition…

He was a WP nutter, who got what he deserved, from decades ago.

Your side would give him 3 hots and a cot, not the needle.

Revolution is a valid political discourse when all else has failed. McVeigh wasn't a revolutionary, he was a criminal and got justice.
Of course you have to publicly disavow him after the fact but he was one of yours and the next one will be too. Seems like a trucker convoy would be an excellent opportunity for a terrorist to get a truckload of explosives near to some prime targets. The right might want to reconsider using this already counter-productive strategy.

It would be by someone like you that is paid by the government to make it look like the opposition did it, so let not pretend you wouldn’t jump for a chance for shame and dishonor if you knew it would destroy your opposition…
The left does not have a bunch of heavily armed whackadoodles wanting to start a civil war. That's your department.

People with jobs scare the peepee out of marxists... which are the actual fringefucks.

When they're not contemplating a gender change or guzzling LiquidPlumr, the marxist rodents are chanting "we don't need truck drivers, we have grocery stores!"

From mentally ill to completely broken in 4 years. Trump did that.

God love him.

Of course you have to publicly disavow him after the fact but he was one of yours and the next one will be too. Seems like a trucker convoy would be an excellent opportunity for a terrorist to get a truckload of explosives near to some prime targets. The right might want to reconsider using this already counter-productive strategy.

He was and never will be "one of mine". The WP idiots are kept alive by your side using them as a boogeyman by association.

Figures you think like a terrorist. All those trucks, and not one went "boom".

Meanwhile your anti-fa heroes continue to vandalize and destroy property.

The left does not have a bunch of heavily armed whackadoodles wanting to start a civil war. That's your department.

Yes they do, it's called anti-fa. Just because most of them use improvised weapons doesn't mean they are unarmed. They also come armored for a fight.

And progressives own anti-fa FAR MORE than any non WP idiot righty will ever want to be associated with said WP idiots.

No moron, it’s about not being forced to take an experimental, unsafe “vaccine” that doesn’t even work.
They don’t get that. They politicize everything into left or right. Truckers to them are on the right, so they hate them.

Simpletons.

He was and never will be "one of mine". The WP idiots are kept alive by your side using them as a boogeyman by association.

Figures you think like a terrorist. All those trucks, and not one went "boom".

Meanwhile your anti-fa heroes continue to vandalize and destroy property.
I think like someone that knows what the right is actually up to. This protest convoy was a parody of what the right thinks a protest is. It was never about vaccine mandates. It was an opportunity to act like jackasses and vent some rage and that's all that was accomplished. Just another beta test for insurrection.

I think like someone that knows what the right is actually up to. This protest convoy was a parody of what the right thinks a protest is. It was never about vaccine mandates. It was an opportunity to act like jackasses and vent some rage and that's all that was accomplished. Just another beta test for insurrection.
You see them as on the right, so you hate them. DUMB!

Forum List

Back