Can Public Option Work?

Here's the thing.......We have an industry that PROFITS by providing the lowest number of products possible. So lets apply this to another industry the auto industry. If they made MORE money by providing FEWER products would that be GOOD for the auto industry? Let's see what would be a pre-exsisting condition, I guess if you come in driving a ford to a Chevy dealership you would have to pay a penalty for having a PRE-EXSISTING condition.

When you have an industry that makes profits based on DENYING as many claims as possible then you have an industry that treats people as nothing more than $$ signs and that is NOT good when you are making some of the most difficult decisions in a persons life. You may not have the money for that heart transplant, now you may go to taiwan to get that heart transplant, but you will more than likely decide to put your affairs in order and prepare for death! Why should a 40 year old man have to explain to his children that he will not be there for them as they grow up. How about sitting with your wife who loves you SO much and you love HER so much that you tell her to find happiness with another after you are gone. How about the OTHER medical bills that are not covered such as a heart stress test.....Guess what as you med bills start overwhelming you wife she will have to ruin her credit by claiming BANKRUPTCY!!!! Quite a deal since your Med Ins will PROFIT off of your pain and heartbreak.

Yeah the heath ins COs sure are conserned whith there clients.

can we solve this through supply....more docs and hospitals and labs.... they would be begging for that heart transplant, to help pay for their new operating room...then they cut the deal with the insurance company for less money for each procedure just to get more customers to buy or pay for their supply?

can we solve this through supply....more docs and hospitals and labs.... they would be begging for that heart transplant, to help pay for their new operating room...then they cut the deal with the insurance company for less money for each procedure just to get more customers to buy or pay for their supply?

Do you have any idea how much PAPERWORK is involved in starting a hospital?!?!?

Just about what you'd expect from a government run by lawyers who grew up to be politicians and grew rich when they then became lobbyists.

A shortage is built into the complicated rules... being a doctor is risky - you really do not want to fuck-up on the job if someone can die if you do.

Can Public Option Work?

nope

It would be doomed to the same fate as all govt managed social programs. Fraud, waste, abuse and unsustainability.

Can Public Option Work?

nope

It would be doomed to the same fate as all govt managed social programs. Fraud, waste, abuse and unsustainability.

This is the Big Lie of the Republican Party.

Modern day conservatism is just the political codification of selfishness.

The public option while well meaning will not work because it assumes that the risk of bringing into the system high cost individuals is offset by mandating coverage for otherwise healthy young people. The problem with that is that those young people are faced with a choice of paying a small penalty which in most if not all cases will be offset by deductions or pay a high health insurance payment. Forgetting, the obvious constitutional issue that mandates face it's clear that the intended people that are needed to offset the high risk individuals will simply not materialize under this bill and leave another massive spending program when you have one that is close to insolvant.

Here's the thing.......We have an industry that PROFITS by providing the lowest number of products possible. So lets apply this to another industry the auto industry. If they made MORE money by providing FEWER products would that be GOOD for the auto industry? Let's see what would be a pre-exsisting condition, I guess if you come in driving a ford to a Chevy dealership you would have to pay a penalty for having a PRE-EXSISTING condition.

When you have an industry that makes profits based on DENYING as many claims as possible then you have an industry that treats people as nothing more than $$ signs and that is NOT good when you are making some of the most difficult decisions in a persons life. You may not have the money for that heart transplant, now you may go to taiwan to get that heart transplant, but you will more than likely decide to put your affairs in order and prepare for death! Why should a 40 year old man have to explain to his children that he will not be there for them as they grow up. How about sitting with your wife who loves you SO much and you love HER so much that you tell her to find happiness with another after you are gone. How about the OTHER medical bills that are not covered such as a heart stress test.....Guess what as you med bills start overwhelming you wife she will have to ruin her credit by claiming BANKRUPTCY!!!! Quite a deal since your Med Ins will PROFIT off of your pain and heartbreak.

None of what you posted is remotely the truth. It is the very opposite of the truth in fact. I would suggest acquainting yourself with insurance in general and what it does, and health insurance in particular before you go off sounding like an ignorant nit.

None of what you posted is remotely the truth. It is the very opposite of the truth in fact. I would suggest acquainting yourself with insurance in general and what it does, and health insurance in particular before you go off sounding like an ignorant nit.

I'm dealing with a health ins co RIGHT NOW so I know EXACTLEY WTF I am talking about.

You are the DOUCHE BAG that tried to lay pre-exsisting conditions at the feet of those who are DENIED coverage claiming that they LIE on their ins applications.......Yet you never explained WHY they would lie if they weren't worried about having pre-exsisting conditions denied.

Can Public Option Work?

nope

Are you stupid?

The waste, fraud and slow pay and no pay have proven you ....

a bit off.

Can Public Option Work?

nope

You are just so Noble with Other Peoples Money aren't you? How come when you take control of it, it is not selfish? Why when You take something from someone else, that is not yours, that you have no right to, that is ripe for fraud and abuse, it is not selfish? How can this be? If possession of money is so selfish, Why do do spend so much time scheming to relieve people of it? The people with the money work for it, right? I have an idea... Why don't you? Maybe you having earned it, would value it differently?

It IS working. WE have government run healthcare and we have private run healthcaer and nothing will change.

Can Public Option Work?

nope

Or it is a recognition that entitlements damage a person far more. That maintaining their liberties and improving opportunity for a future they define is the highest gift a government can preserve. BY the by, the ultimate in selfishness is taking from someone else for your own benefit. That is what this health care plan is going to do.

How do You control Fraud and Abuse? Excuses are not the Answers We want. By what standard do You decide when enough is enough with Our funds?

How do You control Fraud and Abuse? Excuses are not the Answers We want. By what standard do You decide when enough is enough with Our funds?

but where were these legitimate questions when the Republicans held congress?

It's not that you are wrong, I believe you are correct, but without a disclaimer in these kind of statements, like..."I know we did not do a good enough job of complaining about this stuff while under president Bush's and the Republican Congressional reign, because IF I HAD, then my representatives would have listened to me sooner and taken this (now convenient) conservative stance, earlier..." and then begin on your comments on this kind of stuff or the hundred other things you guys are bitching about...? And I am not saying that the bitching isn't due, but IT IS A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT in my humble opinion.

We were PUT, on THIS ROAD TO DISASTER, 8 years ago...yes, we were.

If the budget had been curbed back then, it would NOT be so easy to continue this trend of spending more than we got....

If the fraud in medicare were addressed years ago, we would NOT be talking about it now..

If the concerns with the CRA and housing for the poor were a concern then WHY wasn't it addressed when President Bush offered HIS NEW HOME INITIATIVES

It's not that you are wrong, I believe you are correct, but without a disclaimer in these kind of statements, like..."I know we did not do a good enough job of complaining about this stuff while under president Bush's and the Republican Congressional reign, because IF I HAD, then my representatives would have listened to me sooner and taken this (now convenient) conservative stance, earlier..." and then begin on your comments on this kind of stuff or the hundred other things you guys are bitching about...? And I am not saying that the bitching isn't due, but IT IS A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT in my humble opinion.

If the budget had been curbed back then, it would NOT be so easy to continue this trend of spending more than we got....

If the fraud in medicare were addressed years ago, we would NOT be talking about it now..

If the concerns with the CRA and housing for the poor were a concern then WHY wasn't it addressed when President Bush offered HIS NEW HOME INITIATIVES

I sympathize with You there. I don't like Corruption Anywhere. I will point it out where I find it. The ball is in your court, so it appears that I am rooting against Your teem. In Truth, I want the Fire or Fires put out. The harm done is real. I don't care for a second, what brand of Totalitarianism, We are up against, They All end the same. We Need control over Our Own Lives.

If the budget had been curbed back then, it would NOT be so easy to continue this trend of spending more than we got...., no?

If the fraud in medicare were addressed years ago and enough was enough back then, we would NOT be talking about it now...?

If the concerns with the CRA and housing for the poor were a concern, then WHY wasn't it addressed when President Bush offered HIS NEW HOME INITIATIVES for the poor back in 2002, and 2003 and 2004?

I can go on and on Intense, and my only answer to those questions, is that things that we don;'t agree with, just seem to be okay, when it is "our guy" doing it....this is the case on both sides of the aisle....i think it is a "trust" factor or a blind belief that is inside of us, that just makes us let things slide with our own side, more so than when the "other side" does it...because "our side" can't be as evil as the "other side"....or there must be a good reason for it, (if it is one of our guys doing it)?

I know you can see this...if you just take a step back and view it objectively. and this rant of mine is not necessarily about you, but the YOU in general, YOU....the plural you....that includes ALL of us.

Okay, so let's presume you do somewhat agree with me....

HOW do we break this cycle, that your side and my side seem to continually do?

When can I stop saying your side and my side? When do we become, Americans again and just complain about bad things (and praise good things) without blaming an entire side of the aisle for it, but by going in detail of why it hurts our country and try this type of convincing debate?

I dunno...

care

If the budget had been curbed back then, it would NOT be so easy to continue this trend of spending more than we got...., no?

If the fraud in medicare were addressed years ago and enough was enough back then, we would NOT be talking about it now...?

If the concerns with the CRA and housing for the poor were a concern, then WHY wasn't it addressed when President Bush offered HIS NEW HOME INITIATIVES for the poor back in 2002, and 2003 and 2004?

I can go on and on Intense, and my only answer to those questions, is that things that we don;'t agree with, just seem to be okay, when it is "our guy" doing it....this is the case on both sides of the aisle....i think it is a "trust" factor or a blind belief that is inside of us, that just makes us let things slide with our own side, more so than when the "other side" does it...because "our side" can't be as evil as the "other side"....or there must be a good reason for it, (if it is one of our guys doing it)?

I know you can see this...if you just take a step back and view it objectively. and this rant of mine is not necessarily about you, but the YOU in general, YOU....the plural you....that includes ALL of us.

Okay, so let's presume you do somewhat agree with me....

HOW do we break this cycle, that your side and my side seem to continually do?

When can I stop saying your side and my side? When do we become, Americans again and just complain about bad things (and praise good things) without blaming an entire side of the aisle for it, but by going in detail of why it hurts our country and try this type of convincing debate?

I dunno...

care

The problem goes back a lot farther than 8 years. It is more related maybe to the stretch of License of Representative Government. Too many changes too quick, that we neither have voice in or are even aware of. That's the primary problem when we stray from enumerated powers. We systematically build on the tangled mess and expect it to repair itself. Where else in Life would a strategy like that be helpful?

A viable third party means compromise and working together are required. The Democratic party ranges from the far left to blue dogs that equal the far right at times. Refining that base and pealing off the others to a third party might help that process.

Can Public Option Work?

nope

You are just so Noble with Other Peoples Money aren't you? How come when you take control of it, it is not selfish? Why when You take something from someone else, that is not yours, that you have no right to, that is ripe for fraud and abuse, it is not selfish? How can this be? If possession of money is so selfish, Why do do spend so much time scheming to relieve people of it? The people with the money work for it, right? I have an idea... Why don't you? Maybe you having earned it, would value it differently?

Thanks for proving my point.

I don't mind my taxes going to help old and sick Americans.

I do mind when my taxes are spent on a hole in the desert called Iraq.

Forum List

Back