"Republicans have stood in the way of a solution to the chaos at the border"

Procrustes Stretched

Welshing is such a Liability
Dec 1, 2008

Border Deal Fails Again in the Senate​

Senator Chuck Schumer, the majority leader, scheduled a vote, seeking to remind voters that Republicans have stood in the way of a solution to the chaos at the border.

Again? Yes again. Trump and the GOP want chaos at the border in order to highlight what they claim is Biden's problem, ignoring decades of failures in solving the issues at the border. This year, we've been here before:​

“Because Donald Trump thinks it’s bad for him politically,” Biden said. “Look, I understand the former president is desperately trying to stop this bill because he’s not interested in solving the border problem, he wants a political issue to run against me on.”

Biden warned that if the bill is not sent to his desk to be signed into law, “the American people are going to know why it failed.”

“Every day between now and November, the American people are going to know that the only reason the border is not secure is Donald Trump and his MAGA Republican friends,” Biden said.

Biden said that getting aid to Ukraine was critical, but declined to say he would support placing the immigration proposals into separate legislation to free up passage of the supplemental.

“We need it all,” Biden said.

The Kentucky Republican declined to comment if Trump was responsible for blocking the package after months of complex talks, saying that the situation has evolved.

“I followed the instructions of my conference, who were insisting that we tackle this in October,” McConnell said. “It’s actually our side that wanted to tackle the border issue. We started it.”

“But as I said earlier, things have changed over the last four months and it’s been made perfectly clear by the speaker that he wouldn’t take it up even if we sent it to him,” McConnell said. “And so I think that’s probably why most of our members think we ought to have opposition tomorrow … and then move on with the rest of the supplemental.”

Michigan Democratic Sen. Gary Peters, chairman of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, said Republicans’ newfound opposition to the border security and immigration policy changes they wanted in the first place will “absolutely” impact voters’ thinking heading toward the November elections.
“This is a significant piece of legislation to deal with border security and Republicans are rejecting it,” Peters said. “And that will come back to haunt them
.”

note: the thread title is in quotes

A Dem lie. Anything else or is this thread done?

Any bill in the house or Senate over the last 4 years has always included ( Pathway ) and Or ( Amnesty ) and turbocharging Processing
Connecticut Sen. Chris Murphy “Republicans decided that they would be better off preserving chaos at the border, as an election issue, instead of solving the problem...We reached a compromise that would actually fix the problem, and it turns out Republicans don’t want to fix the problem, they want to leave the issue of immigration open as a political agenda item to exploit.”

South Dakota Republican Sen. Mike Rounds said it was “disappointing” to him and many other GOP senators that Trump criticized the proposal in the way he did.

“There is no such thing as a perfect bill,” said Rounds, who said on X on Tuesday night he planned to oppose it.

“With the ability to actually offer amendments, a lot of us had hoped that we would get this to the point where it would be a better bill than what it would be today,” Rounds said. “And then we could move forward and hopefully the House might even consider it with some additional amendments on it. And that’s what our goal was.”

Border Deal Fails Again in the Senate​

Senator Chuck Schumer, the majority leader, scheduled a vote, seeking to remind voters that Republicans have stood in the way of a solution to the chaos at the border.

Again? Yes again. Trump and the GOP want chaos at the border in order to highlight what they claim is Biden's problem, ignoring decades of failures in solving the issues at the border. This year, we've been here before:​

Michigan Democratic Sen. Gary Peters, chairman of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, said Republicans’ newfound opposition to the border security and immigration policy changes they wanted in the first place will “absolutely” impact voters’ thinking heading toward the November elections.
“This is a significant piece of legislation to deal with border security and Republicans are rejecting it,” Peters said. “And that will come back to haunt them
.”

note: the thread title is in quotes

No one believes this, not even your fellow cult members.

So I'll ask you point blank: can vaccinated people get Covid?
Who said they couldn't?

clue: Not Faucci.

“So even though there are breakthrough infections with vaccinated people, almost always the people are asymptomatic and the level of virus is so low it makes it extremely unlikely — not impossible but very, very low likelihood — that they’re going to transmit it,” Fauci said.

Your straw men are as weak as your manhood.

next

Last edited:
Who said they couldn't?

clue: Not Faucci.

Your straw men are as weak as your manhood.

next

Yes, Fauci, Biden, and your other "experts".

Why won't you answer the question?

1716496775449.png

Forum List

Back