California to take over as the United States supreme regulator for motor vehicle emissions and mandating only Electric cars

Cougarbear

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2022

The Biden Administration has to sign off on this attempt by the State of California's woke Governor and Climate Change loonies to force all cars sold to be electric cars and no cars powered by fossil fuels. Do you think Biden will do so? And, are there any Constitutional considerations of one State controlling commerce for the other 49 states?
Another question, with the cost of electric cars too much for the vast majority of people, and the replacement batteries costing $12,000 or more, what will the transportation of people look like after 2035 if this goes through? Will rural towns and suburbs of cities disappear as most people will have to use public methods of commuting?

The Biden Administration has to sign off on this attempt by the State of California's woke Governor and Climate Change loonies to force all cars sold to be electric cars and no cars powered by fossil fuels. Do you think Biden will do so? And, are there any Constitutional considerations of one State controlling commerce for the other 49 states?
Another question, with the cost of electric cars too much for the vast majority of people, and the replacement batteries costing $12,000 or more, what will the transportation of people look like after 2035 if this goes through? Will rural towns and suburbs of cities disappear as most people will have to use public methods of commuting?

In the grim, dark hell of the distant future I see <drum roll> lots and lots and lots of people going places on horseback.

In the grim, dark hell of the distant future I see <drum roll> lots and lots and lots of people going places on horseback.
I see lots and lots of people not taking this anymore and internal warfare breaking out. The Civil War was just the start of the end of days. When people can't get and keep jobs because they can't get to their jobs, there will be bloodshed in the capitols of these states, Congress and the White House. With the Communists attempting to build a utopian country, they will only succeed in destroying the country and the world from within. Sad and very sad.

I see lots and lots of people not taking this anymore and internal warfare breaking out. The Civil War was just the start of the end of days. When people can't get and keep jobs because they can't get to their jobs, there will be bloodshed in the capitols of these states, Congress and the White House. With the Communists attempting to build a utopian country, they will only succeed in destroying the country and the world from within. Sad and very sad.

I agree with the spirit of your response here, however, I myself would not mind going back to a much simpler mode of existence, to a time when computers, cell phones and yes, even cars did not exist. That's not to say I wouldn't miss driving my Chevy Silverado.

:auiqs.jpg:and :dunno: at the same time.
It's just a polite way of expressing the wish of millions of Americans that CA would sink into the ocean.

maxresdefault.jpg

If there was ever invented a car that could be powered by water, the left wouldn't go for it. Every "solution" to every leftwing "problem" MUST entail billions of taxpayer dollars. And that is proof that all leftwing "problems" are fake. Manufactured. The true goal is for the left to enrich themselves and bring about the demise of the country.

"Why the f*** are we here? There's no money here." --Hillary at a 4-H Camp in upstate New York during her 2000 Senate run.

I agree with the spirit of your response here, however, I myself would not mind going back to a much simpler mode of existence, to a time when computers, cell phones and yes, even cars did not exist. That's not to say I wouldn't miss driving my Chevy Silverado.
Cars are fine. Can't make love on a horse. Or, at least I don't think you can like in the back of a 57 Chevy. I do believe the phones of today are great and bad at the same time. The old cell phones are fine. But, that's out the door with 335 million people, cars are necessary for work.

If there was ever invented a car that could be powered by water, the left wouldn't go for it. Every "solution" to every leftwing "problem" MUST entail billions of taxpayer dollars. And that is proof that all leftwing "problems" are fake. Manufactured. The true goal is for the left to enrich themselves and bring about the demise of the country.

"Why the f*** are we here? There's no money here." --Hillary at a 4-H Camp in upstate New York during her 2000 Senate run.

The very moment a water powered car went into production politicians would declare the worst drought in human history.

Cars are fine. Can't make love on a horse. Or, at least I don't think you can like in the back of a 57 Chevy. I do believe the phones of today are great and bad at the same time. The old cell phones are fine. But, that's out the door with 335 million people, cars are necessary for work.

My wife returns to the office for the first time post-pandemic in three months. Her commute from our new home will be around 85 miles, one way. I was joking with her about riding a horse in to the office instead. She'd be a whole day, maybe two just getting there. At least she has a sense of humor about it. She replied, "Neigh!"

Horses cost a whole lot in feed and upkeep. Much more than vehicles. Only the rich will have horses to ride.

I remember all the whining about catalytic con-verters and unleaded gas.

All new vehicles? Does that include trucks? Semis too? We already have problems keeping up with the foreign shipping that comes into the US from Asia, and this sounds like the supply chain problem will get worse.

Forum List

Back