The point of no return

Robert Urbanek

Platinum Member
Nov 9, 2019
Vacaville, CA
We have passed the point of no return and can expect a future in which lethal heatwaves and temperatures in excess of 50C (120F) are common in the tropics; where summers at temperate latitudes will invariably be baking hot, and where our oceans are destined to become warm and acidic, according to Bill McGuire, emeritus professor of geophysical and climate hazards at University College London.

He said, “I know a lot of people working in climate science who say one thing in public but a very different thing in private. In confidence, they are all much more scared about the future we face, but they won’t admit that in public. I call this climate appeasement and I believe it only makes things worse. The world needs to know how bad things are going to get before we can hope to start to tackle the crisis.”

‘Soon it will be unrecognisable’: total climate meltdown cannot be stopped, says expert

We have passed the point of no return and can expect a future in which lethal heatwaves and temperatures in excess of 50C (120F) are common in the tropics; where summers at temperate latitudes will invariably be baking hot, and where our oceans are destined to become warm and acidic, according to Bill McGuire, emeritus professor of geophysical and climate hazards at University College London.

He said, “I know a lot of people working in climate science who say one thing in public but a very different thing in private. In confidence, they are all much more scared about the future we face, but they won’t admit that in public. I call this climate appeasement and I believe it only makes things worse. The world needs to know how bad things are going to get before we can hope to start to tackle the crisis.”

‘Soon it will be unrecognisable’: total climate meltdown cannot be stopped, says expert
OI! Look on the bright side, the nuclear exchange should take our minds off of the bad weather.

There will be a return to "normal" weather but no one alive now will be here. May not be any humans here!

3045278-poster-p-1-a-doomsday-cult-meeting-goes-exactly-how-you-might-expect-in-this-hilarious-short-film.jpg

We've heard this for how many decades now?
All the ice caps were supposed to be gone a long time ago and our kids would never see snow.
Of course none of this happened. Then you have all of these hollyweird types and democrats buying up ocean front property and flying around on their private jets. Seems to me they aren't worried about climate change in the least.

Humans have survived in worst climate changes than we are imagining now.

Before long we will have another mini ice age. One of these days we will have a real ice age and that will be a real shit sandwich.

Climate change is real and natural. However, this silly crap about man made global warming is nothing more than a scam.

The data that says the earth is warming up comes mostly from sources that have repeatedly been caught creating fraudulent and cherry picked data and that is not real science. For instance, just within the last couple of weeks those turkeys at NOAA have been caught not taking temperature readings like they suppose to.

Yea, it has been hot in the Northern Hemisphere this summer but they also had some record lows in the Southern Hemisphere a month or so ago.

The world is not coming to an end because some of us are driving SUVs like the stupid Environmental Wackos are telling us.

I know a lot of people working in climate science who say one thing in public but a very different thing in private. In confidence, they are all much less scared about the future we face, but they won’t admit that in public. I call this climate intimidation, cuz they know they'll be out of a job if they don't spout the woke line that we're all gonna die if we don't spend trillions of dollars on programs and policies that don't move the environment needle.

You say it's a crisis, I say it's not. Or at least I say that for more than 30 years people like you have been spending GW and CC hysteria that turned out to be bullshit. Why should I believe you now? You know what I really think? I think people like you are being led around by the nose by liars and thieves who want billions and trillions of dollars for their own wealth, purposes, or political power. You believe every word they say is true even after everything they've told you for 30 years HAS BEEN WRONG.

EveryoneLaughingAtYou.png

Ya'll go ahead on. I'll stay in Tennessee. Here is our outlook.
1661626254944.png

If a person believes in man-made climate change, they should personally do everything possible help stop it.
1 don't use cars, buses, trains or planes
2 don't use electricity
3 don't eat food that was cultivated by tractors and brought to market by trucks
4 ration your water usage
5 live in communal living quarters like a barracks
6 limit your personal space to less than 100 sq ft

When I see the Climate Change Cultists doing these things, I might take them seriously.
But notice that the Climate Change Cultists are very enthusiastic for other people to make sacrifices for Climate Change, but they will not make those sacrifices themselves.
All of the Democrat Cult leaders like Obama, Pelosi, Hillary, Kerry, Gore, Schumer........live like kings, but they everyone else to make sacrifices.

Climate Change is a bullshit issue that is used to frighten simpleton crackpot fanatics.

Last edited:
In early August, the French government was forced to set up a crisis team to deal with the drought after more than 100 municipalities were left short of drinking water. “There is nothing left in the pipes,” Christophe Béchu, the minister for ecological transition, said in a statement at the time. The French government described the drought as the worst the country has ever recorded.

Yeah, but there is no proof that climate change as a result of human activity caused that drought. Nor is there any proof that spending billions and trillions of dollars on the clean energy proposals will change the climate to where there will be no more droughts, hurricanes, etc. People like you do not appear to realize that pain you are causing and will cause to possibly billions of poor people around the world by spending huge amounts of money on clean energy projects that could have been better spent.

If a person believes in man-made climate change, they should personally do everything possible help stop it.
1 don't use cars, buses, trains or planes
2 don't use electricity
3 don't eat food that was cultivated by tractors and brought to market by trucks
4 ration your water usage
5 live in communal living quarters like a barracks
6 limit your personal space to less than 100 sq ft

When I see the Climate Change Cultists doing these things, I might take them seriously.
But notice that the Climate Change Cultists are very enthusiastic for other people to make sacrifices for Climate Change, but they will not make those sacrifices themselves.
All of the Democrat Cult leaders like Obama, Pelosi, Hillary, Kerry, Gore, Schumer........live like kings, but they everyone else to make sacrifices.

Climate Change is a bullshit issue that is used to frighten simpleton crackpot fanatics.
You don't have to give up everything. You just have to do a lot less of everything.

Forum List

Back