And this is just if all cars are EVs...but not trucks... 20% to 50% more electricity to be generated...

So with Biden's guarantee to "rid fossil fuels" eliminating 3,400 fossil fueled electric plants ...
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

and replacing all ICE cars with EVs (no mention of trucks by the way..) another 800 billion kWh will be needed.
A typical 1,000-megawatt nuclear facility in the United States needs a little more than 1 square mile to operate. NEI says wind farms require 360 times more land area to produce the same amount of electricity and solar photovoltaic plants require 75 times more space. https://www.energy.gov/sites/default/files/2019/01/f58/Ultimate Fast Facts Guide-PRINT.pdf
To replace the 3,400 fossil fuels that generated an average of 338 million kWh per year will mean at 1 billion watts generated per year by nuclear plant based on 3.2 trillion kWh electricity to be replaced due to Biden's guarantee to "rid fossil fuels" AND additional 800 billion kWh for EVs or 4.0 trillion kWh MORE electricity due to EVs and Biden's guarantee. This will be then 4.0 trillion divided by 1.0 billion kW at least 4,000 nuclear power plants to replace the 3,400 fossil fuel plants. According to the above
  • 1 square mile for nuclear or 3,400 square miles for
  • 360 square miles for Wind or 1,224,000 square miles
  • 75 square miles for Solar or 255,000 square miles
Total uninhabited square miles in the USA is (1.78 million sq. mi), which corresponds to just under 47% of the total area of the United States.

And remember the U.S. electric transmission network consists of about 700,000 circuit miles of lines.

$5 trillion so that all the most evil governments in the world lose their ability to control U.S. foreign and domestic policy? Sounds like a bargain.
China controls the vast majority of the minerals used to produce EV batteries, dumbass.

Don’t expect these dolts to answer this. None of them ever think ahead for one minute. They will all just scream “sOLaR!” as if that will magically make the amount of electricity needed.

Then there is the lithium and cobalt problem. There isn’t enough lithium to make EV cars for every American. Plus EV batteries only last 8 years and need to be replaced.

These dolts don’t run any business or work in these fields, so they know nothing about the logistics it would require. They just hear the bobbleheads on TV tell them EV cars are good and they just believe it without question.

View attachment 866128
Shale oil mine for that pipeline.

1701621513911.jpeg

China owns 60% of the world’s lithium mines.
Well, yeah. But only because extracting Lithium is expensive and messy.

We akshally have more lithium than we know what to do with. Was reading something earlier where some Wall St type bought an old Coal mine and discover $37 Billion worth of rare earth elements (REE). I also saw where some people in Maine discovered tons of lithium but the State won't let them extract it.

Well, yeah. But only because extracting Lithium is expensive and messy.

We akshally have more lithium than we know what to do with. Was reading something earlier where some Wall St type bought an old Coal mine and discover $37 Billion worth of rare earth elements (REE). I also saw where some people in Maine discovered tons of lithium but the State won't let them extract it.
Easy to show a link... called Google searches.. Not something you made up it appeared at first.
Be a little more scholar and substantiate your comments!
Former Wall Street banker Randall Atkins got a lot more than he bargained for when he paid $2 million for a Wyoming coal mine without even seeing it in 2012. At the time, he planned to make money selling coal from his mine to other plants. That was before he conducted a study in conjunction with the Department of Energy and discovered he was sitting on a treasure worth more than the gross domestic product (GDP) of some small countries.

It turns out that his coal mine was also home to an estimated $37 billion worth of rare earth elements (REEs).

Easy to show a link... called Google searches.. Not something you made up it appeared at first.
Be a little more scholar and substantiate your comments!
Former Wall Street banker Randall Atkins got a lot more than he bargained for when he paid $2 million for a Wyoming coal mine without even seeing it in 2012. At the time, he planned to make money selling coal from his mine to other plants. That was before he conducted a study in conjunction with the Department of Energy and discovered he was sitting on a treasure worth more than the gross domestic product (GDP) of some small countries.

It turns out that his coal mine was also home to an estimated $37 billion worth of rare earth elements (REEs).
:hhello:

1701623243041.png

Gee your really obsessed with this topic.

You really want to keep your current vehicle. EV are here and they are not going away.
Neither will gasoline powered vehicles.

Where in a election cycle. Biden can promise anything as he cannot run again once elected for a 2nd term

Every candidate will make promises

Forum List

Back