Breaking news: 9th court just blocks Trumps parade

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
San Francisco

Chief Judge: Sidney Runyan Thomas of the 9 th court just issued a temporary ban on Trumps military parade, citing irreparable mental health issues with the the liberals across the nation . Eric holder of the resistance is quoted as saying " we can not allow this military parade to take place it upsets the homos, the illegals and snowflakes all across America "

You know, you guys keep saying that the parade will honor the military, but I can tell you from experience that it is more of a pain in the ass than anything.

You gotta get a haircut (10 bucks), you gotta get your uniform dry cleaned (15 bucks), if you have awards, you will have to get your ribbons and medals mounted (can be anywhere from a couple of bucks to a whole bunch. At the end of my career, it would cost me about 35 dollars to get them done). And, if you are lazy and don't know how to spit shine your shoes, it could be the cost of a pair of corafam shoes (shiny plastic shoes that look good for inspection, 45 bucks).

And, you have to spend all that money just to look good for a couple of hours. And yes, there is ALWAYS a personnel inspection before an event like this.

You gotta get a haircut (10 bucks), you gotta get your uniform dry cleaned (15 bucks), if you have awards, you will have to get your ribbons and medals mounted (can be anywhere from a couple of bucks to a whole bunch.
Isn't keeping your hair cut and groomed, cleaned and pressed uniforms, and having ribbons, medals, and awards, sewn on per regulations, something service personal are expected to keep up with anyway?

I know is was when I was in the military. .... :cool:

You gotta get a haircut (10 bucks), you gotta get your uniform dry cleaned (15 bucks), if you have awards, you will have to get your ribbons and medals mounted (can be anywhere from a couple of bucks to a whole bunch.
Isn't keeping your hair cut and groomed, cleaned and pressed uniforms, and having ribbons medals, and awards, something service personal are expected to keep up with anyway?

Ouch.....

Isn't keeping your hair cut and groomed, cleaned and pressed uniforms, and having ribbons, medals, and awards, sewn on per regulations, something service personal are expected to keep up with anyway?

You weren't in the Navy ... :dunno:

Dress uniforms are different than regular everyday working uniforms, and generally, I only had to break mine out a couple of times a year, which is why I had them freshly dry cleaned before an inspection. Keeping up with my uniform patches and ribbons was something I did, but mounting new medals was left for whenever I had a major inspection like this because it was expensive, and I only updated my medal bar when I had major inspections like this, which was maybe once or twice a year.

And, a fresh haircut is something I always got the day before. Yes, I kept in grooming standards, but if I had been a week or so since my last haircut, a new one would be required for the inspection, just to make sure.

Dress uniforms are different than regular everyday working uniforms, and generally, I only had to break mine out a couple of times a year, which is why I had them freshly dry cleaned before an inspection. Keeping up with my uniform patches and ribbons was something I did, but mounting new medals was left for whenever I had a major inspection like this was expensive, and I only updated my medal bar when I had major inspections like this, which was maybe once or twice a year.

And, a fresh haircut is something I always got the day before. Yes, I kept in grooming standards, but if I had been a week or so since my last haircut, a new one would be required for the inspection, just to make sure.

Shouldn't have spent all your money on the lady-boys ... :thup:

You weren't in the Navy ... :dunno:
Military, as in Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard.

As for me, I was in the Army. ... :cool:

Then you know that there is a difference between everyday working uniforms and dress uniforms. Yes, I had 3 pairs of working blues, 3 pairs of working whites, and around 5 pairs of dungarees, but only 1 set of Crackerjacks (dress blues), and because I only had to wear them a couple of times a year, that is why I had them freshly dry cleaned. Why only 1 pair of Crackerjacks and 3 or more pairs of the other uniforms? Crackerjacks were around 350 for just the pants and top, whereas the other uniforms were about 45 bucks a pair.

You know, you guys keep saying that the parade will honor the military, but I can tell you from experience that it is more of a pain in the ass than anything.

You gotta get a haircut (10 bucks), you gotta get your uniform dry cleaned (15 bucks), if you have awards, you will have to get your ribbons and medals mounted (can be anywhere from a couple of bucks to a whole bunch. At the end of my career, it would cost me about 35 dollars to get them done). And, if you are lazy and don't know how to spit shine your shoes, it could be the cost of a pair of corafam shoes (shiny plastic shoes that look good for inspection, 45 bucks).

And, you have to spend all that money just to look good for a couple of hours. And yes, there is ALWAYS a personnel inspection before an event like this.
Holy shit. Sounds like going on a date.

Actually, it is worse than going on a date. You know what the inspectors are going to be looking for, and you have to make sure you are within standards for the inspection.

To tell you the truth, getting ready for a date was less expensive and less stressful than getting ready for a major inspection.

Then you know that there is a difference between everyday working uniforms and dress uniforms. Yes, I had 3 pairs of working blues, 3 pairs of working whites, and around 5 pairs of dungarees, but only 1 set of Crackerjacks (dress blues), and because I only had to wear them a couple of times a year, that is why I had them freshly dry cleaned. Why only 1 pair of Crackerjacks and 3 or more pairs of the other uniforms? Crackerjacks were around 350 for just the pants and top, whereas the other uniforms were about 45 bucks a pair.
Hey, that's why they paid you the big money. .... :thup:

Actually, it is worse than going on a date. You know what the inspectors are going to be looking for, and you have to make sure you are within standards for the inspection.

To tell you the truth, getting ready for a date was less expensive and less stressful than getting ready for a major inspection.
Thousands of ladies all worked up over military guys in snappy uniforms? I’m sure they’ll get plenty of volunteers for the parade.

Well, I don't know about the Navy, but in the Air Force, all of what you just said was required dress code in compliance with AFR 35-10. At all times, you had to have a properly maintained uniform in all the required uniform sets. That would be Battle Dress Uniforms (cammies), approved casual fatigues (daily work uniforms), dress blues, and I'm not sure, but the officers had to maintain formal uniforms for those occasions where a flag officer was presiding. I can't recall the name of that set. Mess Dress or something like that.

Thousands of ladies all worked up over military guys in snappy uniforms? I’m sure they’ll get plenty of volunteers for the parade.

Actually, that doesn't happen much for stuff like parades. Most times when I went, I was the guy in the office that drew the short straw.

However..................if you want to have a whole bunch of fun while in uniform, New York City during Navy Days is a pretty good bet.

Sorry shipmate, by the time I was 25% of the way through my career an inspection ready, ribbon (and/or medals) mounted, corafam shoes only worn for inspection uniform was always hanging in the closet or bunk locker.

The haircut I'll give you, but you should have all the other stuff ready to go.

>>>>>

I guess they changed the uniform regulation since last I was active. It is now listed under AFI 36-2903

Well, I don't know about the Navy, but in the Air Force, all of what you just said was required dress code in compliance with AFR 35-10. At all times, you had to have a properly maintained uniform in all the required uniform sets. That would be Battle Dress Uniforms (cammies), approved casual fatigues (daily work uniforms), dress blues, and I'm not sure, but the officers had to maintain formal uniforms for those occasions where a flag officer was presiding. I can't recall the name of that set. Mess Dress or something like that.

Hey, I had a full seabag, but because there weren't many occasions that required dress blues, so the only time I wore them was maybe once or twice a year, which is why I had them freshly dry cleaned. Sitting in a closet for 6 or 8 months kinda required me to get them freshly cleaned. I didn't want to take a chance on failing.

Most times I wore working blues (had 3 sets), working whites (had 3 sets), or dungarees (only 3 sets required for inspection, but I kept 5 because of the work conditions on the ship).

Quick question....................did you wear you dress uniform every day, or was it only for special required occasions? I only had to wear them a couple of times a year. And, when you did have to wear them, didn't you get them freshly cleaned just to be sure for inspection? I did.

Forum List

Back