Zone1 Professor's Theory: Only two positions can be held logically: Catholicism or Agnosticism

The Mormons believe Jesus and Satan are brothers.

Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe Jesus is God.

Episcopalians have women priests and openly gay bishops.
The word is not called capitol G God in the Greek Lexicons. The trinity scholars know its fact yet say nothing. There have been many translations in history with a god at John 1:1-)3 had was divine, 1 had was godlike.

The Jews are waiting for a train that's already left the station.

I certainly am trying to you.

A person who doesn't think he has to behave himself is not going to be a good Christian.
When a person is baptized he puts his old sin loving man to death and becomes a new man in Christ. That new man behaves for Christ's sake, not his own. And if the new man falters, God's grace is greater than that man's sin. Christ, who is sitting right beside God, looks at His Father and as our advocate and intercessor and says, "I paid for that sin, so we can welcome that man home".

When a person is baptized he puts his old sin loving man to death and becomes a new man in Christ. That new man behaves for Christ's sake, not his own. And if the new man falters, God's grace is greater than that man's sin. Christ, who is sitting right beside God, looks at His Father and as our advocate and intercessor and says, "I paid for that sin, so we can welcome that man home".
So sin doesn't matter?

We know who all the Popes are going back nearly 2000 years.

The Protestant churches began 500 years ago.

There are 41,000 denominations of Protestants.

There is one denomination of Catholics.

The Jews are waiting for a train that's already left the station.
The train will be returning to the station. Where do you think the Mt. of Olives is? And this next time, the Jews will recognize their Messiah and He will never leave them. There is coming a day that Heaven itself will descend to earth, right there in Israel.
What the Catholics practice is replacement theology. They have usurped the role of the Jew in the Bible and came out with their own.
The Bible is the history of the Jews, past, present, and future. Gentiles were grafted into the Jewish line, not the Catholic line...

Peter was crucified upside down on Vatican hill.
Yes, he was. So was Paul killed in Rome. He was decapitated. Then they were taken to the Necropolis (Cemetery under the city, where all the other bones were) Hundreds of years later Constantine picked out some bones and built a church.

The shroud in Turin may be the cloth that covered Jesus. That is different than saying, "This is the cloth that covered Jesus, I will build a church and a new religion and display the cloth on the alter".
If you are correct, then your first Pope was a 300 year old corpse. How long was Peter's reign as Pope, and when did the church decided to retire Peter's old bones and get an alive Pope?

Last edited:

Professor's Theory: Only two positions can be held logically: Catholicism or Agnosticism​

Wonderful. I'm both. An agnostic Catholic ... ¿but not a catholic Agnostics?

The Protestants are wrong about almost everything they believe in. Of course, that's hard to nail down because the Protestants are splintered into 41,000 denominations worldwide.

And we Catholics are splintered into 1-2 billion different ways which are all damn difficult to find. But we are lucky - if we would be catholic electrons - ¿catholitrons? - then it would be much more possible ways. On the other side then we could be at two places the same time - what's also not bad, isn't it? ... Hmm ... But what if catholitrons cause the expansion of the universe from all points into all directions so every point is always only in the middle? ... HmHmHm ... What a strange world ...

My father is a professor in mathematics and computer science. He is a devout Catholic who believes the Earth is billions of years old and that Darwin's theory of evolution is the way God created life.

He told me there are only two religious positions that can be believed by a person who applies logic: Catholicism or Agnosticism.

All other faiths and creeds requires one to ignore logic and provable facts to believe in.

Discuss.
On what grounds does he assert that?

... The Lutherans believe that sin is irrelevant to salvation.

What a nonsense. The Lutherans believe nearly the same what Catholics believe. They have only a problem with the organisation of the church - what's by the way indeed a very big problem. The spiritual church needs a "political" organisation in this world here.

Two bad examples: The so called "German Christians" (in the original German language "Deutsche Christen" and not "deutsche Christen") had been a Nazi-organisation (no Christians at all) who had undermined the democratic structures of the Lutherans and other protestants (counter movement: "the confessing church" (="die bekennende Kirche")).
But also the absolutism in the organisation of the Catholic Churchc has perhaps problems when we think about that the patriarch of Moscow, Kirill, is the highest representant of the Russian church (iudicative and excutive power). Kirill had been a KGB member and was made from Putin to a Russian oligarch with about 2.7 billion dollars private property. I do not think he is a Christian at all - but ...

Last edited:
Jesus didn't establish the Catholic abomination. You have been misinformed.

Jesus didn't establish at all "the Christian abomination" (in analogy to your words). He was a Jew. Because of him we founded the "church for everyone" (~the catholic church) and not only a church for Jews or special people at all (~ "esoterics").

Last edited:
Protestants hate the Catholic Church so much they forget that Christianity is about loving one another.

Damn. And I thought my wife - a Lutheran - thinks really she loves me when she says "I love you". This infamous bitch. What a luck that you opened my eyes.

By the way: Did you notice that you mix a lot of nonsense with some few really serious thoughts?

Peter was the first Pope. Linus was the second Pope. Anacletus was the third Pope. We know the names of all the Popes until Francis.
Do we know Francis? Or do we love Francesco? What's more important? I guess in the moment he needs more love than a wrong form of understanding.

My father is a professor in mathematics and computer science. He is a devout Catholic who believes the Earth is billions of years old and that Darwin's theory of evolution is the way God created life.

He told me there are only two religious positions that can be believed by a person who applies logic: Catholicism or Agnosticism.

All other faiths and creeds requires one to ignore logic and provable facts to believe in.

Discuss.
he's wrong. Next?

Forum List

Back