Breaking news: 9th court just blocks Trumps parade

You know, you guys keep saying that the parade will honor the military, but I can tell you from experience that it is more of a pain in the ass than anything.

You gotta get a haircut (10 bucks), you gotta get your uniform dry cleaned (15 bucks), if you have awards, you will have to get your ribbons and medals mounted (can be anywhere from a couple of bucks to a whole bunch. At the end of my career, it would cost me about 35 dollars to get them done). And, if you are lazy and don't know how to spit shine your shoes, it could be the cost of a pair of corafam shoes (shiny plastic shoes that look good for inspection, 45 bucks).

And, you have to spend all that money just to look good for a couple of hours. And yes, there is ALWAYS a personnel inspection before an event like this.

Sorry shipmate, by the time I was 25% of the way through my career an inspection ready, ribbon (and/or medals) mounted, corafam shoes only worn for inspection uniform was always hanging in the closet or bunk locker.

The haircut I'll give you, but you should have all the other stuff ready to go.

>>>>>

Sorry to both of you...you should have joined the oldest seagoing service where we worried more about saving lives than how we looked doing it. ;)....but we still looked damn good doing it.

Semper Paratus!!

San Francisco

Chief Judge: Sidney Runyan Thomas of the 9 th court just issued a temporary ban on Trumps military parade, citing irreparable mental health issues with the the liberals across the nation . Eric holder of the resistance is quoted as saying " we can not allow this military parade to take place it upsets the homos, the illegals and snowflakes all across America "

Laughed out loud when I read that title. Good one.

San Francisco

Chief Judge: Sidney Runyan Thomas of the 9 th court just issued a temporary ban on Trumps military parade, citing irreparable mental health issues with the the liberals across the nation . Eric holder of the resistance is quoted as saying " we can not allow this military parade to take place it upsets the homos, the illegals and snowflakes all across America "

I think I need to see this link! ;)

I must have been on a different "planet" of the military or something... My father was a general and he was in his dress blues at least twice a month for some something; retirements, graduations, greeting officials and politicians, etc. There was always a decent group of troops dressed out with him; proud as fuck to be standing there too. I always enjoyed seeing that uhm... combination of grit and polish.

I must have been on a different "planet" of the military or something... My father was a general and he was in his dress blues at least twice a month for some something; retirements, graduations, greeting officials and politicians, etc. There was always a decent group of troops dressed out with him; proud as fuck to be standing there too. I always enjoyed seeing that uhm... combination of grit and polish.

Actually, the things that a General does is much different than what your average enlisted does. And yes, at that rank, there is a lot of pomp and circumstance going on.

History does repeat itself. I remember watching the Pentagon Papers with crowds watching military tanks and planes performing to a cheering crowd. I thought how moronic that this would take place. Here we are decades later, the greatest nation spending millions to put on a military show.

New Topics

Forum List

Back