Why is Congress Trying to Weaken the Presidency?

I don't think any of them don't want the wall. But I will give you that enough Republicans have also been irresponsible, feckless, and gutless when it comes to governing. Sometimes every bit as much as the Democrats. And the desire to maintain a status quo that is greatly increasing their own power, prestige, influence, and person wealth overrides everything else. They aren't willing to stick their necks out and actually get something done that will also make themselves a target of the most hateful, merciless, and ruthless of Americans.

Here's the thing... The last politician who was honest with us was Walter Mondale. He straight up said taxes would need to go up. He lost 49 states. Then the guy who beat him raised taxes anyway. And the guy who followed him. And the guy who followed him.

Now, I would love to have a politician be honest with us on undocumented immigration. Honest is admitting a wall won't work, because half of them don't get in the country that way and the other half can figure out how to breach a wall.

I could solve the illegal alien problem in a few weeks. Simply go after the people who hire them. The sweatshop owner, the rich yuppie broad who doesn't want to raise her own kids, the clown who hires a bunch of Mexicans from outside the Home Depot after that DIY project isn't as easy as Chip and Joanna made it look.

We aren;t going to do that. because as much as we all hate undocumented immigration, we love the services they provide, as much as we don't want to admit it.

My problem with Trump is that not only doesn't he want to discuss alternatives, he uses the ugliest rhetoric to inflame his base. But the real problem is that it is always easier to kick down than to punch up.

What other Presidents and/or Congresses have done has nothing to do with President Trump.

Every location that has a good, strong wall has enormously helped the border patrol do their job in those areas. Dozens and dozens of them have been willing to say so on the record including Obama's Border Patrol Chief. No the wall isn't the only thing that we need nor is it the only thing or the most important thing being proposed, but it is a good thing and given the tremendous cost to America and Americans dealing with millions of illegals, the cost is a drop in the bucket.

I haven't heard President Trump use unreasonable rhetoric to inflame anybody. He says it as he sees it, as millions of us see it. Speaking the truth is sometimes ugly and harsh, but until somebody is willing to speak it, we will never be able to deal with issues as they actually are.

Constantly attacking the President, giving him no credit for any good that is happening, accusing him of everything the haters can think up, and blaming him for everything bad that happens makes his job a whole lot harder, but he is tougher than anybody who has been in that office in my lifetime. And he doggedly keeps doing his job in the face of the most hateful, dishonest, vicious, malicious, and indefensible opposition that I have ever seen launched against a President in my lifetime.

No he won't always be right. Yes he will fail at times. Yes he sometimes uses the wrong approach or language. Everybody does. Everybody. But his track record so far has been remarkably impressive in productivity/results. The TDS crowd, including most of the MSM, refuse to acknowledge it.

He deserves much better than that. But TDS is real and vicious. Hating Trump becomes more important than anything else.

What other Presidents and/or Congresses have done has nothing to do with President Trump.

Every location that has a good, strong wall has enormously helped the border patrol do their job in those areas. Dozens and dozens of them have been willing to say so on the record including Obama's Border Patrol Chief. No the wall isn't the only thing that we need nor is it the only thing or the most important thing being proposed, but it is a good thing and given the tremendous cost to America and Americans dealing with millions of illegals, the cost is a drop in the bucket.

No, a wall is a stupid idea by stupid people who just want to show how mean they are.

Here's why the number of crossing have gone down.

1) Economic conditions in Mexico have improved, compared to the 1990's, when we had a flood after NAFTA wrecked the Mexican Farm economy.

2) Increased enforcement of employment verification have made it less attractive to come over.

Constantly attacking the President, giving him no credit for any good that is happening, accusing him of everything the haters can think up, and blaming him for everything bad that happens makes his job a whole lot harder, but he is tougher than anybody who has been in that office in my lifetime. And he doggedly keeps doing his job in the face of the most hateful, dishonest, vicious, malicious, and indefensible opposition that I have ever seen launched against a President in my lifetime.

No. Trump is a racist peice of shit with mental problems. That's what makes his job harder. Any other president with this economy would be taking a victory lap with a 60% approval rate. Trump is happy to just have his 40% of angry people.

Not that I think that he is getting any more abuse. Shit, did you all forget the birther shit that was said about Obama or going after Clinton's sex life? Or when People went around claiming Bush knew about 9/11 before it happened. Trump is getting exactly what other presidents have gotten, the only difference is he's too thin skinned and narcissistic to realize it comes with the job.

He deserves much better than that. But TDS is real and vicious. Hating Trump becomes more important than anything else.

No, what he deserves is to be thrown into a dark jail cell and to have his name erased from every record and building...

Why is Congress trying to weaken the Presidency?

Barr Says Trump's Presidency's Agendas Are Being Hampered by Lower Court Rulings

Source: Trump's agenda hampered by troubling number of lower court injunctions, Barr says

Attorney General William Barr on Tuesday said he has noticed a troubling trend of
nationwide injunctions issued by lower courts that have taken their toll on President
Trump’s agenda and threaten the political process for future administrations.Barr, who
has been accused by Democrats of protecting Trump after the release of the Mueller
report, told the American Law Institute that there is a new trend of judicial "willingness"
to review executive action, which injects courts into the political process.

He pointed to the district court in California that in January 2018 issued a temporary
injunction to block the Trump administration from ending Deferred Action for Childhood
Arrivals, or DACA. DACA has protected about 800,000 people who were brought to the
U.S. illegally as children or came with families who overstayed visas. The Obama-era
program includes hundreds of thousands of college-age students.

U. S. District Judge William Alsup said at the time that lawyers in favor of Daca
demonstrated that the immigrants "were likely to suffer serious, irreparable harm"
without court action. The judge also said the lawyers have a strong chance of
succeeding at trial.
The White House was swift to criticize these lower court injunctions and called
this particular decision "outrageous." USVP Mike Pence recently said the
administration will ask the Supreme Court to bar them.

"So what have these nationwide injunctions wrought? Dreamers remain in limbo the
political process has been pre-empted, and we have had over a year of bitter political
division that included a government shutdown of unprecedented length," Barr said.
Barr said nationwide injunctions violate the separation of powers. He said that since
Trump took office, there have been 37 nationwide injunctions - more than one a month -
against his office and he said there is likely no end in sight.
He said by comparison,
there were two instances where district courts issued an injunction in President Obama's
first two years.

The Associated Press wrote that this is "the latest example of Barr moving to embrace
Trump's political talking points." Its report pointed out that Trump criticized these
rulings at a rally earlier this month saying "activist judges who issue nationwide
injunctions on their personal beliefs, undermine democracy and threaten the rule of law."

Barr has brushed aside criticism from Democrats that he is in the President's pocket.
He told the Wall Street Journal that he is defending the presidency, not Trump.
"If you destroy the presidency and make it an errand boy for Congress, we're going to be
a much weaker and more divided nation,"
he said.

AP contributed to this report.
What do you think about Congress weakening the Presidency? How can we stop this impingement upon the Separation of Powers?

Right now, many of us are wondering what further tricks Nancy Pelosi and her Congressional minions, hungry for her endowment of funding for their campaigns, will be using stolen FBI documents to twist the arm of more Obama-appointed lower court bleatings.

I hold the Democrats responsible for taking President Trump away from his responsibilities to hold governments like North Korea from vaporizing San Francisco, Seattle, and Portland Oregon with atomic weaponry China has funneled to him sans information what he actually does to the United States may be done to him.

Congress, get the hell off President Trump's restoration of America's refined leadership in the world that has attracted jealousy and hatred from governments with a history of eating their own people with starvation, with sarin gas, and other means of genocide.
Congress always wants the president to have less power not more.

Why would one branch of government want another branch to have more power?

If you were a senator would you want the president to be more powerful than the senate? Of course not.

Yet they stampeeded in to sign the PA after 9/11, which essentially places omnipotent power in one branch....the executive

~S~

Forum List

Back