Are You Ready For The Deep Freeze?

If it gets too cold there, just burn down the local police station. 😉
I no longer live there, as I moved to the state where my late wife's sibling resided. People who burn down police stations should be spending a large portion of their lives in a cell.

Vermonter here, worked out in it my entire career

ain't no thang.....

~S~
That's the thing though... I grew up on the Great Lakes. No stranger to snow. However... The social infrastructure doesn't budget for this kind of thing at any appreciable scale, in the south. It rarely happens. But when it does... Oh damn!

Well boys, here it comes! The lower 48, and my beloved Southeast are about to get drilled with what will likely be a record shattering cold snap. What have you done to get ready for this week's coming deep freeze? If you've done nothing, I'd humbly suggest that you consider doing little something to prepare for this coming event.

I for instance filled all the propane cylinders, test fired all the heater buddies, cleaned the chimney, stacked the front porch, and inside rack with firewood, filled my 55gal drum with gasoline, and added Stabil. Test fired the generators, and tested the radiator fluid in the vehicles (lots of folks overlook this one). Tripled down on the usual weeks grocery haul to include an extra 150lbs of dog food.

What have yall done to prepare? Best not be left out in the cold...

I'm in the ernge area! :D

Still pretty cold though. Just hope I don't have to be out at the well with a hair dryer to take a dump in the A.M.

Cold Temps are healthy.
x9vv7yi7nhcc1.jpeg

not for some

Well boys, here it comes! The lower 48, and my beloved Southeast are about to get drilled with what will likely be a record shattering cold snap. What have you done to get ready for this week's coming deep freeze? If you've done nothing, I'd humbly suggest that you consider doing little something to prepare for this coming event.

I for instance filled all the propane cylinders, test fired all the heater buddies, cleaned the chimney, stacked the front porch, and inside rack with firewood, filled my 55gal drum with gasoline, and added Stabil. Test fired the generators, and tested the radiator fluid in the vehicles (lots of folks overlook this one). Tripled down on the usual weeks grocery haul to include an extra 150lbs of dog food.

What have yall done to prepare? Best not be left out in the cold...

The worst is over for us , got down to -20 and the blizzard still isn't cleaned up yet. But the winds have died down and we're suppose to get above zero by Tuesday. All the roads are snow and ice packed because salt doesn't work below 15 degrees. Needlessly to say most people are staying home.

I'm ready for that promised global warming. It's only -5 here, -20 wind chill, but a little warmer would be nice.

What have yall done to prepare?

Moved to the condo in Sarasota a week ago. Till almost May.
That has worked for us for over 20yrs. Winter up north is for folks who can't handle sunshine, warmth, beaches, and breakers in bikinis.

IMHO

Forum List

Back