Are You Ready For The Deep Freeze?

Vastator

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2014
Well boys, here it comes! The lower 48, and my beloved Southeast are about to get drilled with what will likely be a record shattering cold snap. What have you done to get ready for this week's coming deep freeze? If you've done nothing, I'd humbly suggest that you consider doing little something to prepare for this coming event.

I for instance filled all the propane cylinders, test fired all the heater buddies, cleaned the chimney, stacked the front porch, and inside rack with firewood, filled my 55gal drum with gasoline, and added Stabil. Test fired the generators, and tested the radiator fluid in the vehicles (lots of folks overlook this one). Tripled down on the usual weeks grocery haul to include an extra 150lbs of dog food.

What have yall done to prepare? Best not be left out in the cold...

Those Temps aren't so bad.
If it pans out as forecast; it is more than bad enough, and predicted to remain longer than normal. Which means that to carry on counting on business as usual potentially leaves folks vulnerable should things as simple as a power outage, or highway closure occur.

Well boys, here it comes! The lower 48, and my beloved Southeast are about to get drilled with what will likely be a record shattering cold snap. What have you done to get ready for this week's coming deep freeze? If you've done nothing, I'd humbly suggest that you consider doing little something to prepare for this coming event.

I for instance filled all the propane cylinders, test fired all the heater buddies, cleaned the chimney, stacked the front porch, and inside rack with firewood, filled my 55gal drum with gasoline, and added Stabil. Test fired the generators, and tested the radiator fluid in the vehicles (lots of folks overlook this one). Tripled down on the usual weeks grocery haul to include an extra 150lbs of dog food.

It's here, 0 degrees in beautiful Wichita Kansas as we speak.

We’re leaving our SUVs running! American high per capita CO2 will heat the lower 48!

I was born and raised in Minnesota, so bring it on.

Here in AL 1" of snow locks down the highways. It usually doesn't last long. But if we get snow, and Temps remain below freezing for a few days... Lots of folks down here are gonna be well, and truly "F"'d...
Snow missed us, All south of us, still have grass peaking thru. Least I don't have to spend hrs in snow removal

This is January after all.
The coldest it will be here in the next 10 days is 2 degrees at night.
The average low for next 10 days is 8 degrees, the avg. high is about 20.
That is not abnormal at all for mid January

Here in AL 1" of snow locks down the highways. It usually doesn't last long. But if we get snow, and Temps remain below freezing for a few days... Lots of folks down here are gonna be well, and truly "F"'d...
Yeah, I grew up in Mississippi about 50-60 miles off the coast. Only place we ever saw snow was on TV,

This is a good week to put the classic "Inconvenient Truth" on TV. Get the people who can't afford to fly to Florida to at least think warm.

We'll go get groceries later. Beyond that nothing to be done except wait and see. We are only supposed to get some tens at night and maybe 1-3 inches rain/snow

Meh, it's going to be pretty typical in my AO for this time of year.....I'm only seeing one day (a week out if you can believe 10-day forecasts) where the daytime high temp is below freezing....The rest low to mid-30s with a couple minor snows.

Some will be cooler and some will be warmer. That's how climate change works. At year end we'll find out if 2024 beats 2023 for the hottest year on record.

Forum List

Back