Are You Ready For The Deep Freeze?

Whatever the reason; forecasters are predicting that it's gonna be colder than a witches tit in the southe east this coming week. While cold snaps aren't unheard of, nor even snow... They're somewhat infrequent, and usually short lived. They're calling for a near solid week of sub 32 Temps. If mother nature delivers, that's an event that's gonna require some unusual attention. Gonna have to leave faucets trickling, and a whole host of things that we normally wouldn't have to do for a single one-off cold day.

Whatever the reason; forecasters are predicting that it's gonna be colder than a witches tit in the southe east this coming week. While cold snaps aren't unheard of, nor even snow... They're somewhat infrequent, and usually short lived. They're calling for a near solid week of sub 32 Temps. If mother nature delivers, that's an event that's gonna require some unusual attention. Gonna have to leave faucets trickling, and a whole host of things that we normally wouldn't have to do for a single one-off cold day.

Don't do that. You reduce the water pressure in your entire system.

Better than burst pipes.
I was back east for a week last year when I left the water main on at my Midwest house during a period of cold weather just like this. When I returned, I discovered the pipes in the basement had burst and there was six inches of running, draining water in the basement and I accrued a $1500 water bill in a matter of five days.

Got to. Other wise you end up with busted pipes. I get mine from large IBC totes. While I do have heater blankets for them the pipes in between can freeze, and rupture. What a mess. Though for many folks in the south who live in mobile homes, there is even greater risk as the plumbing runs under their mobile homes exposing the pipes to sub zero Temps. Should they have a blow out, it could compromise their blocking, and underpinning causing even more damage. Not to mention no one wants to crawl under a house in the mud, in below freezing Temps to to a repair...

Compared to the last big freeze we had in Texas this one is gonna be pretty mild.
We have three nights where it's going to drop into the upper teens but it's going to be above freezing during the day.
As far as being prepared goes we stay that way year around being on the gulf coast.

People in all climates should make sure their homes are well insulated. It's a wise investment to make in your house when you move in.

Our windchill here is supposed to be minus 40 coming. I love it. It's good for the econo.y.

Manmade global warming
IMG_8998.jpeg

Forum List

Back