Zone1 Admit it, you are a cafeteria Christian (at least sometimes)

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
We are all human here, so we should not be shy admitting we are sometimes cafeteria Christians: accepting this or that commandment from Jesus and ignoring or outright rejecting other ones

This BTW is one reason why we are told not to judge others: You just never know where that person is at... WHY the person did or failed to do.. whatever.

But we can presume that everyone is a sinner.

Yep, that's a no brainer.

Jesus said if we do not forgive, we will not be forgiven. That doesn't mean, as I once thought, that sin in others is to be made light of. But a lot of the saints, when encountering a difficult person, well, they didn't always do a good job... LOL. But they had that thing called self-examination / confession to help them obey Christ ("Do unto others what you would have them do unto you"---etc)

Isn't it written that all fall short?
But that does not mean, as some seem to think, that sin is not a big deal and if we fall, no big whoop. Mortal sin is a big, big deal. It separates one from Christ. I know because a long time ago, before I was... where I am at now, spiritually, but was making my way to a closer thing w/ the Lord.. I committed this one sin (some today don't call this a sin but it is) and I could feel myself being SO different .. the b4 and after. That may have been the very last time I struggled w/ that particular sin because it was SCARY not being as close to Jesus as I was before... just downright scary

But that does not mean, as some seem to think, that sin is not a big deal and if we fall, no big whoop. Mortal sin is a big, big deal. It separates one from Christ. I know because a long time ago, before I was... where I am at now, spiritually, but was making my way to a closer thing w/ the Lord.. I committed this one sin (some today don't call this a sin but it is) and I could feel myself being SO different .. the b4 and after. That may have been the very last time I struggled w/ that particular sin because it was SCARY not being as close to Jesus as I was before... just downright scary
sin is sin, mortal and venial are man made traditions by the satans false church you follow.

sin is not good but you mix up sanctification and justification. how many verses do you need that show we are justified by grace thru faith? when god looks at true Believers he sees jesus not our sin. But you refuse to see this. If you break one sin you break them all- thats the point Jesus came to save us while we were STILL SINNERS.

Romans 5:8 NIV - But God demonstrates his own love for

1708160320506.png
Bible Gateway
https://www.biblegateway.com › passage

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Admit it, you are a cafeteria Christian (at least sometimes)​

Not even a deli xtian.

e695e7fb7226009f4c599564c487bbfcc2e53135-620x416.jpg

All those not even trying to be a Christian:

Jesus said that those who do not believe are CONDEMNED

Don't say I never cared----

Mark 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved; whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Forum List

Back