A record 4.3 million workers quit their jobs in August, led by food and retail industries

It is very true.....good businesses have zero problem finding workers. Bad ones are avoided. It's a win win win.

Papageorgio
I don't think you can. If your fired I think there is a waiting period but if you quit I think you are on your own. And that's a Good thing.

Or raise their children.

Like a bunch of losers.

So they should be able to have kids and not work and we can pay them so they can raise their children? Do explain how this is going to work long term? Economically speaking, that is extremely ignorant.

LSM is good at making sure to make reports as negative as possible for full audience impact of "The sky if falling!" Room for improvement still, but not anywhere close to full collapse as leftist demagogues would like.

US Bureau of Labor Statistics:
Civilian Unemployment:
Apr '21: 14.8%
Sep '21: 4.8%
The unemployment rate is misleading because the 4.3m that quit don't get to sign up for unemployment.
A better metric is the "Participation Rate" which shows those who are employed. September dropped slightly as we would expect with so many leaving their job.

1634128068415.png

Reportedly, that's true. I read this earlier you might find interesting enough to read:

Note: "I quit" means going for a better job btw according to article. Important additive: This was in April, not October, and that matters as more have returned who said they would not.

That's been my question, what 'better job'? For example, if you were in the restaurant industry prior to the pandemic, what 'better job' are they qualified to do if they haven't completed a degree of some kind, or gotten some other kind of job training? Their money to live has to be coming from somewhere, but I haven't seen any statistics that support a shift of employment from one sector to another that would explain it.

JackOfNoTrades
Can you say China?? That's who's responsible for the pandemic. China is responsible for every death and the state of every economy in the world.

What a biased moron you are. Dumbass.
This thread isn't about China sweetie. I don't give a shit about your fucking conspiracy theories.
Stick to the subject or don't respond to the posts. Smushy Faced Joe Biden whined about a link, I gave him one.

Can you collect unemployment if you just quit?
I would guess YES. Someone has been collecting unemployment on my SS# for months. I recently filed a police report and filled out an affidavit to that effect.

and I haven't worked in years and the last job I held I quit (retired). I did not get fired.

So yes. In this current, fucked up environment its pretty damn easy to collect.

Allow me to twist the knife a little. From joebiden.com:

"In this time of crisis, Joe Biden has a plan to create millions of good-paying jobs and to build back better an economy that works for everyone..."

:laughing0301:

"In this time of crisis, Joe Biden has a plan to create millions of good-paying jobs and to give America’s working families the tools, choices, and freedom they need to build back better..."

:auiqs.jpg::laughing0301:

"Biden will: Provide a comeback package for Main Street businesses and entrepreneurs..."

:lmao::auiqs.jpg::laughing0301:

"Biden will immediately put people to work by enlisting them to help fight the pandemic, including through a Public Health Jobs Corps..."

:21::auiqs.jpg::lmao::laughing0301:

"But that’s just the start. The Biden economic recovery plan for working families will build our economy back better..."

:21::laughing0301::lmao::auiqs.jpg::laughing0301::auiqs.jpg::lmao::21:
And during Joe Biden's 8 months in office, 5 million jobs have been added.

So they should be able to have kids and not work and we can pay them so they can raise their children? Do explain how this is going to work long term? Economically speaking, that is extremely ignorant.
Republicans used to brag about the child tax credit. Especially after they eliminated the individual deduction.

I guess y’all changed your mind about it as soon as you found out the democrats were expanding it. Now it’s “ignorant” because everything the democrats do is wrong as a matter of dogma.

Forum List

Back