Near Record 1 Million Surge In Part-Time Jobs As Full-Timers Crash Amid Staggering Downward Revisions

Do you know how to ask an ambiguous question in a futile attempt to obfuscate the fact you just got owned?
No...it is a structural matter, not the fee fee talk you favor.

Is that a "No, 5th, I don't....Not a f'n thing....I'm a complete fraud."

The Establishment Survey takes a LARGER sample of a SMALLER population.

Right out of the box, it's more reliable.

Need I go on?

Toddy,

It's an entire universe of your ignorance...

The Establishment Survey takes a LARGER sample of a SMALLER population.

Which is precisely why it is less accurate.

Anyone can read the bullet points from Business Insider and decide for themselves.

If you're not counting the self-employed, and you ARE counting people juggling multiple jobs as just "jobs" (without accounting for the fact it is less people employed when ratioed with those "jobs"), you're not providing as realistic a picture.

I know you people took the fast train to crazy town a long time ago, you're just totally intransigent to anything that bursts your tiny little bubble.

Sorry, I'll burst it wherever/whenever Bub. ;)

Which is precisely why it is less accurate.

Anyone can read the bullet points from Business Insider and decide for themselves.

If you're not counting the self-employed, and you ARE counting people juggling multiple jobs as just "jobs" (without accounting for the fact it is less people employed when ratioed with those "jobs"), you're not providing as realistic a picture.

I know you people took the fast train to crazy town a long time ago, you're just totally intransigent to anything that bursts your tiny little bubble.

Sorry, I'll burst it wherever/whenever Bub. ;)

It is not only axiomatic in Statistics, unlike so much of it, it makes PERFECT sense.

How can a LARGER look at a SMALLER population give you a less accurate picture than a SMALLER look at a LARGER population?

It can't.

You can bet two poker hands......one has two cards up, the other 4.....which provides more actionable information?

How can a LARGER look at a SMALLER population give you a less accurate picture than a SMALLER look at a LARGER population?

Because the smaller population does not accurately reflect the complexity of the American work force.

That's how.

And considering the Establishment survey includes kids under the age of 16 while the Household doesn't, your portrayal isn't even entirely accurate.

But I don't think you're as ignorant as to not understand that, I think you just don't want to.

It's the same when it comes to every issue with you people.

Because the smaller population does not accurately reflect the complexity of the American work force.

That's how.

And considering the Establishment survey includes kids under the age of 16 while the Household doesn't, your portrayal isn't even entirely accurate.

But I don't think you're as ignorant as to not understand that, I think you just don't want to.

It's the same when it comes to every issue with you people.
Don't go there....Household doesn't even require compensation.

The people reporting are unreliable, the small sample size relative to the population generates the volatility that makes the measure useless.

Do you know WHOM the Establishment Survey targets?

Don't go there....Household doesn't even require compensation.

Oh I went there.

Is there going to be some awful price to pay? haha

Jackass.

The people reporting are unreliable, the small sample size relative to the population generates the volatility that makes the measure useless.

Says you. Business Insider and every other source I've queried across the political spectrum provides a far more nuanced picture, and many flat out stipulate that the Household is superior. If you're explicitly searching for the trendlines regarding part time vs. full time vs. people holding multiple jobs.

And a near record plummet is significant, regardless.

If it weren't for the COVID lockdowns, the cascade of fulltime workers paired with the ascent of part time/multiple job holders would be at a record high right now.

You're just spinnin' the same ole' BS you guys always do.

Do you know WHOM the Establishment Survey targets?

Your mother. (THAT'S A JOKE MODS. I DO NOT KNOW HIS MOTHER, IT'S A TURN OF PHRASE.)

Oh I went there.

Is there going to be some awful price to pay? haha

Jackass.

Says you. Business Insider and every other source I've queried across the political spectrum provides a far more nuanced picture, and many flat out stipulate that the Household is superior. If you're explicitly searching for the trendlines regarding part time vs. full time vs. people holding multiple jobs.

And a near record plummet is significant, regardless.

If it weren't for the COVID lockdowns, the cascade of fulltime workers paired with the ascent of part time/multiple job holders would be at a record high right now.

You're just spinnin' the same ole' BS you guys always do.

Your mother. (THAT'S A JOKE MODS. I DO NOT KNOW HIS MOTHER, IT'S A TURN OF PHRASE.)
No one gives a shit what you think Business Insider believes.

And is it BI or Andy Puzder?

Here's BLS

The payroll survey (CES) is designed to measure employment, hours, and earnings in the nonfarm sector, with industry and geographic detail. The survey is best known for providing a highly reliable gauge of monthly change in nonfarm payroll employment. A representative sample of businesses in the U.S. provides the data for the payroll survey

Comparing employment from the BLS household and payroll surveys

Here's BLS

The payroll survey (CES) is designed to measure employment, hours, and earnings in the nonfarm sector, with industry and geographic detail. The survey is best known for providing a highly reliable gauge of monthly change in nonfarm payroll employment. A representative sample of businesses in the U.S. provides the data for the payroll survey

Yes, that information was in the Business Insider article.

So much winning.

The survey is best known for providing a highly reliable gauge of monthly change in nonfarm payroll employment

Probably why that's your headline number.

Why?

I didn't trash it.

I said it wasn't as reliable for the particular metric we're looking at precisely because it looks at payroll - not individuals who may be on multiple payrolls - or the growth/dearth of part time vs. full time.

Why?

I didn't trash it.

I said it wasn't as reliable for the particular metric we're looking at precisely because it looks at payroll - not individuals who may be on multiple payrolls - or the growth/dearth of part time vs. full time.
I said it wasn't as reliable for the particular metric
It's MORE reliable.

Axiomatically and structurally.

It's MORE reliable.

Axiomatically and structurally.

You're kind of a "last word" kinda guy huh?

Cuz now you're just posting redundancies.

I'll let you have ats.

I'm sure anyone halfway rational and intelligent can deduce the distinction between overall payrolls vs. the trendlines for job holders themselves.

You have a good day. ;)

Got to love them "revisions" :D

Oh, did we say 27 million jobs? We meant ZERO. But we were close.

Keep voting democrat!
Bidenomics. So many jobs that a record number of Americans (4.8% 2022 up from 4% 2020) have two jobs and they are working an average of 70 hours a week according to BLS. They are also calling 30 hours a week a full time job.

I'll let you have ats.

I'm sure anyone halfway rational and intelligent can deduce the distinction between overall payrolls vs. the trendlines for job holders themselves.

You have a good day. ;)
Toddster,

It's what I do for a living.

It's excruciating to hear the crap from Bartiromo, Kudlow, and ZeroHedge regurgitated as if it has currency. And particularly so when offered with your idea of "clever".

I'll let you have ats.

You have a good day. ;)
Yeah, with Bidenomics, you get $15/hr for your 30 hour job that has no benefits because it is part time. So much better off---LMAO.

Forum List

Back