Why does God hide himself?

I really don't know God that well , of course I would like to; but I have no need to pretend that I know God ; I mean God would want me to be honest about knowing him. Notice Isaiah 45:15, " Truly you are a God that hides himself; O God of Israel , the Saviour." Why would God hide himself?

Notice Job 36:26 " Behold , God is Great , and we know him not! Neither can the number of his years be searched out." Many believers in God like to claim that they know him , but his word says that we don't. They have been trained to" Assume they know God", and their pride has been swelled so much, they lack the humility to admit they do not know God.

God is Great, and we know him not! Most believers will simply ignore this teaching in the word of God. God is indeed Great, he must be! I think its unusual that God hides himself from , I think , all humans! There are no exceptions, unless God makes the exception.

But I want to look into some biblical reasons as to " Why" God actually does this.

God came down in the form of Jesus, in that way we know him. It was the most intimate look into who and what God is. Do we love his message, do we love his example? If so, we love him.

Now, getting back to the issue about God, the Bible says that faith is required to please God. Why? That is the question. Either God does not exist or he requires faith or he is not concerned with us, in which case he may as well not exist.

If you look at the stories in the Bible like Adam and Eve and the children of Israel seeing the Red Sea split before their very eyes, a realization hits you. These people knew without a shadow of a doubt that God existed, but lost faith anyway.

Why then would God continue to try and prove himself to us? What he is looking for is faith and those drawn to the person of Jesus Christ. Those that are not will not place their faith in him anyway.

Why does God hide himself?

He is shy. I think He posts on USMB every now and then in the hobbies section.

The flesh and the blood of the Son of Man (as he called himself).

Saved through work?
Many people were toilet trained into perpetuating what they were taught to believe without ever thinking very deeply at all about it. They couldn't go against that training however irrational and crap in their pants in public if they wanted to without going through a great soul wrenching conflict.

So yes, rising from the dead by cleansing the mind and then bodily ascending into heaven by standing guard over the purity of ones own mind, day by day every day for the rest of your life is very difficult work.....

Last edited:

Saved through work?
Many people were toilet trained into perpetuating what they were taught to believe without ever thinking very deeply at all about it. They couldn't go against that training however irrational and crap in their pants in public if they wanted to without going through a great conflict.

So yes, rising from the dead by cleansing the mind and then bodily ascending into heaven by standing guard over the purity of ones own mind, day by day every day for the rest of your life is very difficult work.....
So you've resigned yourself to going to hell?

Saved through work?
Many people were toilet trained into perpetuating what they were taught to believe without ever thinking very deeply at all about it. They couldn't go against that training however irrational and crap in their pants in public if they wanted to without going through a great conflict.

pft.

hell is for cowards sissy boy.

God is Great, and we know him not! Most believers will simply ignore this teaching in the word of God. God is indeed Great, he must be! I think its unusual that God hides himself from , I think , all humans! There are no exceptions, unless God makes the exception.

It seems that one must first be in the presence of the Angel of the Lord.
"Did you ever notice how in the Bible, when ever God needed to punish someone, or make an example, or whenever God needed a killing, he sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? A whole existence spent praising your God, but always with one wing dipped in blood. Would you ever really want to see an angel?" Thomas Daggett, The Prophecy

Saved through work?
No. Saved through Grace which is the reconciliation of justice and mercy which leads to good works. Good works are the artifact of Grace.

Saved through work?

pft.

Hell is nothing more or less than being eternally separated from God.

Saved through work?
No. Saved through Grace which is the reconciliation of justice and mercy which leads to good works. Good works are the artifact of Grace.
If you really are a sinner as you openly profess to be (as if no one noticed that you are an idolator) then you have not been saved by grace or by anything at all. You have deluded yourself.

someone who is saved does not sin, if scripture is true, the sinner is dead.

Saved through work?
If you really are a sinner as you openly profess to be (as if no one noticed that you are an idolator) then you have not been saved by grace or by anything at all. You have deluded yourself.

That or maybe you don't know what Jesus taught.

Saved through work?

pft.

and what separates a person from God if not sin?

You are a sinner, right?

If you ever hope to be freed from hells keeping, I suggest you begin to strive to become a better person.

Saved through work?

Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as God is righteous. The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is God’s child,

1 John 3:4-10

Last edited:

Saved through work?

pft.

You are a sinner, right?

If you ever hope to be freed from hells keeping, I suggest you begin to strive to become a better person.
Yes, I am a sinner. Yes, sin - which is anything which separates us from God - does separate us from God. But rather than being an event it is a journey; a journey of reconciliation of justice and mercy.

I strive to be a better person each day. Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I fail. What exactly is your point?

pft.

You are a sinner, right?

Yes, I am a sinner. Yes, sin - which is anything which separates us from God - does separate us from God. But rather than being an event it is a journey; a journey of reconciliation of justice and mercy.

I strive to be a better person each day. Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I fail. What exactly is your point?

Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. But you know that Christ appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as God is righteous. The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is God’s child,

Last edited:
One reason God hides himself is so that Rev. 12:9 can be fulfilled. The whole world must be deceived and remain deceived. The " Whole world" , that means every single human; there are no exceptions.

The earth is " The deception fields."

Saved through work?

Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child,

1 John 3:4-10

Don't be silly. It is a journey, not an event. And yes, we are children of the devil so to speak. I thought that was made clear at the beginning. We are rebels. Like I have said before, it is a journey, not an event. It is a journey of reconciliation of justice and mercy. At the end of the day we are expected to progress. That is the standard that He has established and confirmed by Nature. Luckily, we were given tools to succeed. He has effectively stacked the deck in our favor. At least for those of us who are awake and aware of His Divine Presence.

One reason God hides himself is so that Rev. 12:9 can be fulfilled. The whole world must be deceived and remain deceived. The " Whole world" , that means every single human; there are no exceptions.

The earth is " The deception fields."
He is not hidden. His Spirit is inside you.

Don't be silly. It is a journey, not an event. And yes, we are children of the devil so to speak. I thought that was made clear at the beginning. We are rebels. Like I have said before, it is a journey, not an event.

I agree, its a journey, and I have even said as much..

For as long as you continue to defiantly worship the image of a man in the form of a matzo as if he was an edible God you haven't even taken your first wobbly baby steps, you haven't even learned your A, B, C;'s.

Don't be silly. It is a journey, not an event. And yes, we are children of the devil so to speak. I thought that was made clear at the beginning. We are rebels. Like I have said before, it is a journey, not an event.

I agree, its a journey, and I have even just said as much..

For as long as you continue to defiantly worship the image of a man in the form of a matzo as if he was an edible God you haven't even taken your first wobbly baby steps.
You worry about yourself and I'll worry about myself. Or would you rather I go into the whole you are trying to make me conform to your way of thinking thingee?

I agree, its a journey, and I have even just said as much..

For as long as you continue to defiantly worship the image of a man in the form of a matzo as if he was an edible God you haven't even taken your first wobbly baby steps.
You worry about yourself and I'll worry about myself. Or would you rather I go into the whole you are trying to make me conform to your way of thinking thingee?
I'm not worried about anything. And I am not trying to 'make you' do anything.

If by what I have said you feel some sort of weight or pressure its probably your own conscience.

Try to hear. It will always tell you what is right but it will never make you do anything.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back