Why does God hide himself?

...There is only one God
and only God manifest in the flesh
could be worthy to redeem us

God didn't create another God
The Word became flesh

That is a classic Protestant view of things.

With classic Protestant interpretation.

However God (THEOS in the Greek New Testament) did not leave his throne in Heaven (wherever in the Milky Way Galaxy or the Universe it is) to come to Earth.

Someone else did -- His Son. He had a Son.

Other than the story of Moses how he explains how he led the Hebrews out of Egypt, I don't get much out of the Hebrew Tenakh.

In fact it gives you the distinct impression that whereas YHVH (a God) loved them, you get the distinct impression from Josephus Flavius and latter Roman history that God has abandoned them by 135 AD.

It is good for giving us many ancient laws of Moses.

But it is hard for me to take seriously the rule not to shave your sideburns (the corners of your beard).

I do this every morning before work and I think about how Moses somehow thought this was a really bad thing to do.
We aren't under the law, we are under Grace

We don't know , but I think one possible translation could be the inclusion of the letter " A." In the beginning was the Word , and the Word was with God and the Word was " A" God. Because I do think its possible that Jesus is a God.

We know that the Father God said that he is God and besides him there is none other. Isaiah 45:5, and Jesus was besides him when he said this. So it is difficult to understand. The Father and Jesus are two totally separate beings, but they are bound together by Christ service to him; his submission to him.
Logos is a fairly common word in Greek philosophy.

I wish St. John had not tried to sound smart and use it.

I think it means "knowledge". Literally out of Greek it means "the words of ..." as in theology, teleology, epistemology, etc.

In modern times we interpret this word as "the study of ..." as in geology, psychology, anthropology, etc.
Logos is a fairly common word in Greek philosophy.

I wish St. John had not tried to sound smart and use it.

I think it means "knowledge". Literally out of Greek it means "the words of ..." as in theology, teleology, epistemology, etc.
And, doesn't God tell us not to lean on our own understanding
but, every Word that proceeds from the Father.

When considering the entire set of Scriptures,
The Word is cohesive, is it not
BUT now you are affirming the consequent.

Your English translations are not great.

You cannot rely on them.

It is best to read it in Greek.
BUT now you are affirming the consequent.

Your English translations are not great.

You cannot rely on them.

It is best to read it in Greek.
I rely on God for understanding His Word

Nit picking this and that is inconsequential
..,common sense to know what makes sense
according to God's nature, is what's important

Last edited:
I read Greek to find out what Jesus and his Apostles and Evangelists said.

Interestingly, St. Paul (a Catholic saint) disagreed with the others fairly often. In those cases you have to decide which of them to believe.

...There is only one God

The Word became flesh

However God (THEOS in the Greek New Testament) did not leave his throne in Heaven (wherever in the Milky Way Galaxy or the Universe it is) to come to Earth.

Fine, His Son stepped out of time and came to earth

...There is only one God

The Word became flesh

Sure that may be.

There is no such thing as time however.

Time is a human creation to imitate mortality.

A heartbeat is a second. 60 of them (a Babylonian prime number) is a minute. 3600 of them is an hour. 24 of these is a day.

360 days is a year according to the ancient Babylonians and Egyptians. That's time -- a mere convention based on the human heartbeat, the rotation of the Earth, and the revolution of the Earth around the Sun.

That's also where we get 360 degrees in a circle.

It takes 250 million Earth-years for the Sun to revolve around the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. In the whole history of the Earth, the Sun has only done this 18 times. So the Earth is only 18 cosmic years old.

Last edited:
...There is only one God

The Word became flesh

Sure that may be.

There is no such thing as time however.

Time is a human creation to imitate mortality.

A heartbeat is a second. 60 of them (a Babylonian prime number) is a minute. 3600 of them is an hour. 24 of these is a day.

360 days is a year according to the ancient Babylonians and Egyptians. That's time -- a mere convention based on the human heartbeat, the rotation of the Earth, and the revolution of the Earth around the Sun.

That's also where we get 360 degrees in a circle.

It takes 250 million years for the Sun to revolve around the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. In the whole history of the Earth, the Sun has only done this 18 times. So the Earth is only 18 cosmic years old.
Right, He stepped out of time, into time

Omg...why do you insist on splitting hairs with me

God is Great, and we know him not! Most believers will simply ignore this teaching in the word of God. God is indeed Great, he must be! I think its unusual that God hides himself from , I think , all humans! There are no exceptions, unless God makes the exception.

It seems that one must first be in the presence of the Angel of the Lord.

Last edited:
God is Great, and we know him not! Most believers will simply ignore this teaching in the word of God. God is indeed Great, he must be! I think its unusual that God hides himself from , I think , all humans! There are no exceptions, unless God makes the exception.

Being in the presence of angels is very possible ; I think angels visit the earth quite often. They are evidence of God. They exist. Something cannot bring itself into existence , since it must exist to bring itself into existence.

Belief is a choice. Experience is direct. All written and oral information comes to our consciousness through the subjective, relativist perceptions. This book or that book only contains information, not experience. We choose to believe or not. What compels one to accept another's choice? What information coming from another person could possibly be more compelling than personal experience? More importantly, how does society succeed so well in obscuring this truth?

Last edited:
Yes , Moses must have been important to God. I think God felt that way about Job as well.
Job is just a story in the Hebrew Tenakh.

It is so beyond belief that it is hard to think it is more than a Jewish bedtime story to make the kiddies feel like YHVH watches over them because they are the Chosen People.
Job wasn't Jewish and it is account of an angel who works for God who tests Job. So if you mean makes them feel good because God will test them... sure, it is just a bedtime story that makes children feel good. But to me it is not a bedtime story, to me it is wisdom that tells me there is meaning in suffering.

Last edited:

Being in the presence of angels is very possible ; I think angels visit the earth quite often. They are evidence of God. They exist. Something cannot bring itself into existence , since it must exist to bring itself into existence.
Being in the presence of angels is very possible ; I think angels visit the earth quite often. They are evidence of God. They exist. Something cannot bring itself into existence , since it must exist to bring itself into existence
:uhh:

We don't know , but I think one possible translation could be the inclusion of the letter " A." In the beginning was the Word , and the Word was with God and the Word was " A" God. Because I do think its possible that Jesus is a God.

We know that the Father God said that he is God and besides him there is none other. Isaiah 45:5, and Jesus was besides him when he said this. So it is difficult to understand. The Father and Jesus are two totally separate beings, but they are bound together by Christ service to him; his submission to him.
We know that the Father God said that he is God and besides him there is none other. Isaiah 45:5, and Jesus was besides him when he said this. So it is difficult to understand. The Father and Jesus are two totally separate beings, but they are bound together by Christ service to him; his submission to him
Submission has nothing to do with it....
God can not deny Himself

There is only one God

The Word became flesh

"The Word became flesh" is not and never was about God becoming a human being. It is just the author establishing that the preexisting metaphor for divine teaching, the Word of God, manna or bread from heaven, became flesh in the person of Jesus, a new metaphor for a new teaching about how to understand the figurative words and comply with the hidden subjects of the Law, the only way to eternal life.

"And this bread, (divine teaching) which I will give for the life of the world, is My flesh." John 6:58

Last edited:
(Jesus said) "...even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen."

Mathew 21:21

We know that the Father God said that he is God and besides him there is none other. Isaiah 45:5, and Jesus was besides him when he said this. So it is difficult to understand. The Father and Jesus are two totally separate beings, but they are bound together by Christ service to him; his submission to him
God can not deny Himself

There is only one God

The Word became flesh

"The Word became flesh" is not and never was about God becoming a human being. It is just the author establishing that the preexisting metaphor for divine teaching, the Word of God, manna or bread from heaven, became flesh in the person of Jesus, a new metaphor for a new teaching.

"And this bread, (divine teaching) which I will give for the life of the world, is My flesh." John 6:58
"The Word became flesh" is not and never was about God becoming a human being. It is just the author establishing that the preexisting metaphor for divine teaching, the Word of God, manna or bread from heaven, became flesh in the person of Jesus, a new metaphor for a new teaching.

"And this bread, (divine teaching) which I will give for the life of the world, is My flesh." John 6:5
So, Jesus is a metaphor...
Which means the free gift of salvation through
the death and resurrection of Christ never happened.
Therefore, we are not saved.

Read the Scripture you quoted...oye vay

God can not deny Himself

There is only one God

The Word became flesh

"And this bread, (divine teaching) which I will give for the life of the world, is My flesh." John 6:5
So, Jesus is a metaphor...
Which means the free gift of salvation through
the death and resurrection of Christ never happened.
Therefore, we are not saved.

Read the Scripture you quoted...oye vay

Jesus said that their ancestors ate manna from heaven and they died.

Jesus was the first fruits of the dead. The resurrection is real, it just isn't about the resumption of a former existence, it is about entry into a new existence.

Jesus said that if you eat his flesh, receive the teaching given to him by God, and drink his blood, follow his example, you will never know what it is to die.

If whoever we is is not saved, I suggest you get out of your death bed, put on some decent clothes and get to work.

Last edited:

God can not deny Himself

There is only one God

The Word became flesh

"The Word became flesh" is not and never was about God becoming a human being. It is just the author establishing that the preexisting metaphor for divine teaching, the Word of God, manna or bread from heaven, became flesh in the person of Jesus, a new metaphor for a new teaching about how to understand the figurative words and comply with the hidden subjects of the Law, the only way to eternal life.

How do you know?

The flesh and the blood of the Son of Man (as he called himself).

Saved through work?

Forum List

Back