Why does God hide himself?

I agree with most of this. I think God will collect up everybody and put us in his dimension.
Well then you obviously have faith in Something that pure Modern Philosophy does not agree with you on.

I hope you are right.

God is withdrawn because he is waiting for the train to wreck; because he wants it to wreck. He wants the way of humanity to come to its climax , and then rub our ways into our faces. And he knows religion has helped set up this wreck. The best way God could show man his ways have their ending , is to leave us to ourselves.
God does not leave us, we walk away from Him
He has given us free will so yeah, we are left to ourselves
He is longsuffering because He wants all to be saved

Greetings,
I do not believe in free will myself. But I agree that God wants all saved , and in my view he always gets what he wants. In my view , God is not on earth , and will not be for a while. God really has no fellowship with the earth , he has nothing in common with us. What fellowship has light with darkness? What does righteousness has to do with unrighteousness? 2 Corinth. 6:14.

Hey , Jesus is the only bridge that can cross humanity over to God.

Hey, the last time I think God came anywhere near earth , was when he gave Moses the law. I don't think has came since. And there are reasons.
Hey, the last time I think God came anywhere near earth , was when he gave Moses the law. I don't think has came since. And there are reasons.
Hey, the last time God was on earth is when He became flesh
and died for you to bring us back into His presence
Protestant myth. You are thinking of the Son Of God -- not God himself.

God himself stayed up in the clouds then both at Jesus' baptism and at the Mount Of Transfiguration with Peter, James, and John.

You need to read your New Testament more and stop listening to your lying Protestant minister.
Protestant myth. You are thinking of the Son Of God -- not God himself.

God himself stayed up in the clouds then both at Jesus' baptism and at the Mount Of Transfiguration with Peter, James, and John.

You need to read your New Testament more and stop listening to your lying Protestant minister.
I am not a Protestant

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.

John 1:1

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us,
and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only
begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 1:14

Yes , Moses must have been important to God. I think God felt that way about Job as well.
Job is just a story in the Hebrew Tenakh.

It is so beyond belief that it is hard to think it is more than a Jewish bedti
me story to make the kiddies feel like YHVH watches over them because they are the Chosen People.

I think its a great story.

I am not a Protestant

and the Word was God.

Wow !! You sound just like a Protestant.

Note also that when St. John (a Catholic saint) wrote the part about "the word" -- logos, in Greek -- he was plagiarizing Greek philosophy.

You probably did not know that.

Yes , Moses must have been important to God. I think God felt that way about Job as well.
Job is just a story in the Hebrew Tenakh.

It is so beyond belief that it is hard to think it is more than a Jewish bedti
me story to make the kiddies feel like YHVH watches over them because they are the Chosen People.

I think its a great story.
The Hebrew Tenakh is full of great stories.

I like the whole story of Moses. I am inclined to think that Moses did not really die in the wilderness. Instead I suspect he turned over the reigns to Joshua (JHSHOOAH) and then returned home secretly to Midian to his wife and kids and lived there happily ever after.

The story of Moses dying in the wilderness is too much like a Greek tragedy. I don't like that ending.

In the Tenakh everyone who does good (like Job) lives happily ever after. No Greek tragedies in it.

I am not a Protestant

and the Word was God.

Note also that when St. John (a Catholic saint) wrote the part about "the word" -- logos, in Greek -- he was plagiarizing Greek philosophy.

Wow, do I now

You told me I needed to read the NT more,
I quote Scripture from the NT and that's what I get...

What religious denomination I sound like
and a history lesson....

I am not a Protestant

and the Word was God.

Wow, do I now

and a history lesson....
You must be reading out of a bad English translation that is highly influenced by a Protestant publisher.

There is nowhere anyplace in the New Testament in Greek where Jesus is called "God". That name "THEOS" in Greek is strictly reserved to the person whom Jesus says is his Father.

Here is what John says starting at John 1:1 --

"In beginning was the word/knowledge
And the word/knowledge was with God
And God was the word/knowledge
He was in beginning with God ...
And the word/knowledge flesh became
And tabernacle's among us
And we discerned his glory
A glory as of an only begotten with a father full of grace and truth."

This shows a duality of some sort, although it does not let us infer that the only begotten son was also the father.

You cannot be a father to yourself.

The entire rest of the New Testament in Greek reserves THEOS for the father and Xristos for the son.

And the real meaning of John's choice of words for "WORD/KNOWLEDGE" we simply do not know. John is not here to clarify it for us.

Last edited:
I am not a Protestant

and the Word was God.

Wow, do I now

and a history lesson....
You must be reading out of a bad English translation that is highly influenced by a Protestant publisher.

There is nowhere anyplace in the New Testament in Greek where Jesus is called "God". That name "THEOS" in Greek is strictly reserved to the person whom Jesus says is his Father.

This shows a duality of some sort, although it does not let us infer that the only begotten son was also the father.

You cannot be a father to yourself.

The entire rest of the New Testament in Greek reserves THEOS for the father and Xristos for the son.

And the real meaning of John's choice of words for "WORD/KNOWLEDGE" we simply do not know. John is not here to clarify it for us.

And exactly what Bible are you quoting Scripture from?

We don't know , but I think one possible translation could be the inclusion of the letter " A." In the beginning was the Word , and the Word was with God and the Word was " A" God. Because I do think its possible that Jesus is a God.

We know that the Father God said that he is God and besides him there is none other. Isaiah 45:5, and Jesus was besides him when he said this. So it is difficult to understand. The Father and Jesus are two totally separate beings, but they are bound together by Christ service to him; his submission to him.

We don't know , but I think one possible translation could be the inclusion of the letter " A." In the beginning was the Word , and the Word was with God and the Word was " A" God. Because I do think its possible that Jesus is a God.

We know that the Father God said that he is God and besides him there is none other. Isaiah 45:5, and Jesus was besides him when he said this. So it is difficult to understand. The Father and Jesus are two totally separate beings, but they are bound together by Christ service to him; his submission to him.
Logos is a fairly common word in Greek philosophy.

I wish St. John had not tried to sound smart and use it.

I think it means "knowledge". Literally out of Greek it means "the words of ..." as in theology, teleology, epistemology, etc.

In modern times we interpret this word as "the study of ..." as in geology, psychology, anthropology, etc.

For there is three that bear witness in heaven:
The Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit;
and these three are one

1 John 5:7

For there is three that bear witness in heaven:
The Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit;
and these three are one

1 John 5:7
Good enough translation. It agrees with my Greek New Testament.

However EISEN is "are" not "is" -- same subject verb agreement rules in Greek as in English.

In fact, English gets them from Latin which gets them from Greek.

"... for there ARE three ... ".

Jesus said to him, "It is written again,
'You shall not tempt the Lord your God' "

satan was tempting Jesus,
yet Jesus scolded him as tempting God

Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son,
and they shall call His name Immanuel,
which is translated, God with us.

Matthew 1:23

This was fulfilling prophecy spoken by the Lord
through the prophet Isaiah, 7:14

If Jesus is not God in the flesh, manifest,
who is He, .....

Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly I say to you,
before Abraham was, I AM"

John 8:58

I think it means "knowledge". Literally out of Greek it means "the words of ..." as in theology, teleology, epistemology, etc.

In modern times we interpret this word as "the study of ..." as in geology, psychology, anthropology, etc.

And, doesn't God tell us not to lean on our own understanding
but, every Word that proceeds from the Father.

When considering the entire set of Scriptures,
The Word is cohesive, is it not

And, doesn't God tell us not to lean on our own understanding
but, every Word that proceeds from the Father.

When considering the entire set of Scriptures,
The Word is cohesive, is it not
BUT now you are affirming the consequent.

Your English translations are not great.

You cannot rely on them.

It is best to read it in Greek.

Jesus said to him, "It is written again,
'You shall not tempt the Lord your God' "

satan was tempting Jesus,
yet Jesus scolded him as tempting God

Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son,
and they shall call His name Immanuel,
which is translated, God with us.

Matthew 1:23

This was fulfilling prophecy spoken by the Lord
through the prophet Isaiah, 7:14

If Jesus is not God in the flesh, manifest,
who is He, .....

Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly I say to you,
before Abraham was, I AM"

John 8:58
How did you get sidetracked into the Hebrew Tenakh ??

This is a red herring.

I will not go chasing after you like a wet hen into the Hebrew Tenakh.

Nice eyes though, Little Red Ridinghood.

:D

Other than the story of Moses how he explains how he led the Hebrews out of Egypt, I don't get much out of the Hebrew Tenakh.

In fact it gives you the distinct impression that whereas YHVH (a God) loved them, you get the distinct impression from Josephus Flavius and latter Roman history that God has abandoned them by 135 AD.

It is good for giving us many ancient laws of Moses.

But it is hard for me to take seriously the rule not to shave your sideburns (the corners of your beard).

I do this every morning before work and I think about how Moses somehow thought this was a really bad thing to do.

We know that the Father God said that he is God and besides him there is none other. Isaiah 45:5, and Jesus was besides him when he said this. So it is difficult to understand. The Father and Jesus are two totally separate beings, but they are bound together by Christ service to him; his submission to him
Submission has nothing to do with it....
God can not deny Himself

There is only one God
and only God manifest in the flesh
could be worthy to redeem us

God didn't create another God
The Word became flesh

Forum List

Back