Zone1 Why All Rational People are Believers

As I said, I'm content with what I've been given and know how lucky I am to be born in a country where I have a roof over my head, enough food to eat, good health, and a loving family to surround me.

Sorry but I don't accept that judgement. My problem has always been with the Biblical depiction of God. I'm content with what He has created, not what people have claimed about Him.
It never seemed to me that you were content with what he has created. And whether you accept my assessment that you have judged God to be lacking, it's still my assessment nonetheless, Christian perception of God or otherwise.

It never seemed to me that you were content with what he has created. And whether you accept my assessment that you have judged God to be lacking, it's still my assessment nonetheless, Christian perception of God or otherwise.
Let me clarify, I am content with what He has created for me, and I accept the world he has created. It may be the best possible creation but that doesn't mean I have to like it. In the words of Jethro Tull, "He who made kittens put snakes in the grass". Evolution may be the only option He had but it creates a world that is brutal, random, and amoral and the only way to justify it is to promise an afterlife where we will be judged by our beliefs or actions (depending on who you talk to). (Odd that man existed for millennia without this concept of an afterlife; it almost seems like a theological afterthought.)

Let me clarify, I am content with what He has created for me, and I accept the world he has created. It may be the best possible creation but that doesn't mean I have to like it. In the words of Jethro Tull, "He who made kittens put snakes in the grass". Evolution may be the only option He had but it creates a world that is brutal, random, and amoral and the only way to justify it is to promise an afterlife where we will be judged by our beliefs or actions (depending on who you talk to). (Odd that man existed for millennia without this concept of an afterlife; it almost seems like a theological afterthought.)
Ok, but my opinion hasn't changed. I think you can't get past the complexities in life to see what I see. And that's OK. You do you and I'll do me.

Forum List

Back