Tracking pregnancies by the state.

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
This topic was brought up in the Time interview with Trump and Trump said states should decide if they wish to track pregnancies to see if women went to a different state to have an abortion and then prosecute them when they come back.

I would like to get the take of the forum on this topic.

Should a state be able to prosecute one of its residents for something they did in a different state?

It seems a pretty straight forward question.

This topic was brought up in the Time interview with Trump and Trump said states should decide if they wish to track pregnancies to see if women went to a different state to have an abortion and then prosecute them when they come back.

Should a state be able to prosecute one of its residents for something they did in a different state?

That, like abortion, should also be left up to the states.

Should it?

If the person does not break the law while in the state, what jurisdiction should the state have?

If you smoked pot in a state that allows it, should your home state that does not be allowed to charge you with doing so?

If you are going 80 in a state that allows that speed, should your home state that limits speed limits to 75 be able to ticket you?

This topic was brought up in the Time interview with Trump and Trump said states should decide if they wish to track pregnancies to see if women went to a different state to have an no bortion and then prosecute them when they come back.

do state laws apply outside the state's jurisdiction?

there are some precedents, mostly involving the kidnapping of foreign citizens for drug trials in the usa, but generally, no.

state authority stops at the state line. my maga governor simply has no business knowing where my daughter is or what she is doing after she drives past state welcome center.

and precious little business tracking her inside the state.

State issue.......We can move along now, nothing more to see here.

What part of "nothing more to see here" did you not understand?

I do not agree that there is "nothing to see here".

That is ok, right, if I disagree with you?

This is not a state issue. This is a tyrannical issue.
Tracking fucking pregnancies? Are you guys serious?
Plus, this would never hold up. A state cannot persecute you for abiding by the law in another state, whether its illegal in your home state or not.

"trump will keep us from democrats fascism blah blah blah"
LOL
Its like the Dems nominating a known liar because they were tired of trump lying.

Should it?

If the person does not break the law while in the state, what jurisdiction should the state have?

If you smoked pot in a state that allows it, should your home state that does not be allowed to charge you with doing so?

If you are going 80 in a state that allows that speed, should your home state that limits speed limits to 75 be able to ticket you?

No idea. Trump's SC made the right decision, and abortion isn't even a ballot issue, except among the Democrats. And if that's all they have to run on, they deserve to lose.

This is not a state issue. This is a tyrannical issue.
Tracking fucking pregnancies? Are you guys serious?
Plus, this would never hold up. A state cannot persecute you for abiding by the law in another state, whether its illegal in your home state or not.
That’s what your Republican Party has become

No idea. Trump's SC made the right decision, and abortion isn't even a ballot issue, except among the Democrats. And if that's all they have to run on, they deserve to lose.

It is likely what will give them the win.

But this thread is not about abortion, it is about if a state can punish one of its residents for something they did in a different state.

Putting aside if the SC would allow it, do you personally agree with the idea of a state punishing one of its residents for something they did in a different state?

Should it?

Yes, it should.

Forum List

Back