Zone1 "My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me"

I really don't know. Most of my Jewish friends are widows.

The scriptures indicate that the Sanhedrin was opposed to Jesus at least since Lazarus was raised from the dead. He was perfectly safe when he was in the north in Herod Antipas's territory.
The Sanhedrin would have been the ones to prosecute Jesus. The Nasi at the time was Gamaliel the Elder who was widely respected and even the Bible says that he showed mercy on the Apostles. We're supposed to believe he went around the law to get Jesus killed by the Romans. We're supposed to believe that Pilate was so weak that he would kowtow to the Jewish leaders, and thus destroy his own ability to rule. We're supposed to believe that the Sanherdrin did this because they were afraid of Jesus' large following, despite not even one contemporary account surviving that ever mentions this mini-army. We're supposed to believe that Jewish crowds turned against Jesus in a matter of days, despite Jesus having an army at his back and a host of miracles performed in the name of God in his resume. None of this story makes any kind of sense. It's as fictional as a talking snake or goats giving birth to striped goats because they mated near a striped stick.

The Sanhedrin would have been the ones to prosecute Jesus. The Nasi at the time was Gamaliel the Elder who was widely respected and even the Bible says that he showed mercy on the Apostles. We're supposed to believe he went around the law to get Jesus killed by the Romans. We're supposed to believe that Pilate was so weak that he would kowtow to the Jewish leaders, and thus destroy his own ability to rule. We're supposed to believe that the Sanherdrin did this because they were afraid of Jesus' large following, despite not even one contemporary account surviving that ever mentions this mini-army. We're supposed to believe that Jewish crowds turned against Jesus in a matter of days, despite Jesus having an army at his back and a host of miracles performed in the name of God in his resume. None of this story makes any kind of sense. It's as fictional as a talking snake or goats giving birth to striped goats because they mated near a striped stick.

What army did Jesus have at his back? I never heard of such a thing.

What army did Jesus have at his back? I never heard of such a thing.
The army of followers that terrified the Sanhedrin into getting the Romans to kill Jesus. According to the Bible one of his generals chopped off the ear of a Temple guard. Jesus recommended that his followers take up arms: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."-Luke 22:36

The army of followers that terrified the Sanhedrin into getting the Romans to kill Jesus. According to the Bible one of his generals chopped off the ear of a Temple guard. Jesus recommended that his followers take up arms: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."-Luke 22:36

Jesus had no army behind him...and that's not why the Sanhedrin wanted him dead.

It wasn't a general that struck off the ear.

Luke never met Jesus.. he was Greek, much younger and lived in Antioch.

Where did you attend Sunday school and church?

[8] Jesus answered, "I told you that I am he; so, if you seek me, let these men go." [9] This was to fulfil the word which he had spoken, "Of those whom thou gavest me I lost not one." [10] Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest's slave and cut off his right ear.

John.18

Jesus had no army behind him...

Except the huge following that he told to arm themselves.

and that's not why the Sanhedrin wanted him dead.
I didn't say that was the reason.
It wasn't a general that struck off the ear.

Simon Peter was a high ranking soldier in his army. His specific title is unimportant.

Luke never met Jesus..

Nor did any of the New Testament writers.

he was Greek, much younger and lived in Antioch.

Where did you attend Sunday school and church?

[8] Jesus answered, "I told you that I am he; so, if you seek me, let these men go." [9] This was to fulfil the word which he had spoken, "Of those whom thou gavest me I lost not one." [10] Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest's slave and cut off his right ear.

John.18
Jesus' followers were quite violent. Some were known to be Sicarii (members of a Jewish terrorist organization).

When Jesus said that....My GOD why have you forsaken me!

When I read that it always brings tears to my eyes.....

I understand Him so well....

Simon Peter was a high ranking soldier in his army. His specific title is unimportant.

Jesus' followers were quite violent. Some were known to be Sicarii (members of a Jewish terrorist organization).

Aha - you are not only an anti-Semite - you are also an anti-Christian who knows also very well unreal nonsense about Christians. Exists anything what you really know or is reality too hard a burden for you so you never kiss your dog?

Jesus wasn't Sicarii or a zealot. Where were you taught this stuff?

The Sermon on the Mount is about passive resistance and shaming the enemy. Jesus is addressing the issue of Roman occupation and Roman laws.

The garden is too small for an army. Have you been there?

LeroyDumonde

Gethsemane just isn't very big.

190 Square Meters to Acres · 190.00 m2 = 0.04695 acres · 190.01 m2 = 0.04695 acres

the heavenly intervention during the time of noah precludes there ever to be the false messiah claimed by judaism for their own salvation and has no bearing for the conclusion of humanities destination - the 3 false desert religions.

jesus taught liberation theology, self determination in line with the heavenly intervention not mentioned in the false christian bible, the very purpose of the 1st century events.
Consider the Elohim returning again and the people living in that part of the ME were stuck with the one they named Yahweh ( YHWH ) .

Just a temporary Goddy type and not the one they imagined .
Tragically Jews were later entrained to imagine that they had been blessed by the Universe Creator and still do not realise that the very same theatre was acted out all over the planet with various other tribes and peoples .

The fact that Yahweh worshippers have been losers ever since does not deter them from imagining that Goddy will do something good for them soon .
Eternal optimists .

The fact that Yahweh worshippers have been losers ever since does not deter them from imagining that Goddy will do something good for them soon .
Eternal optimists .

their way ...

1713103350584.jpeg

or the highway ... they wrote the book themselves - could it be the etched tables didn't say what moses liked so he destroyed them too ... their true savior - eternity, for all who read comic books.

Aha - you are not only an anti-Semite - you are also an anti-Christian who knows also very well unreal nonsense about Christians. Exists anything what you really know or is reality too hard a burden for you so you never kiss your dog?

You're incapable of presenting an argument so you resort to name calling. You're acting just like Marxists do.

Jesus wasn't Sicarii or a zealot. Where were you taught this stuff?
I didn't say that he was. Simon was a Zealot and Judas was a Sicarii.
The Sermon on the Mount is about passive resistance and shaming the enemy. Jesus is addressing the issue of Roman occupation and Roman laws.
Passive resistance with swords?
The garden is too small for an army. Have you been there?
I didn't say that an entire army fit inside the Garden.

You're incapable of presenting an argument so you resort to name calling. You're acting just like Marxists do.
Sure, Satana ... ah sorry: "Challenger". Sometimes I forget that you speak meanwhile also English. When did you learn it as lazy as you are?

Last edited:
Consider the Elohim returning again and the people living in that part of the ME were stuck with the one they named Yahweh ( YHWH ) .

Just a temporary Goddy type and not the one they imagined .
Tragically Jews were later entrained to imagine that they had been blessed by the Universe Creator and still do not realise that the very same theatre was acted out all over the planet with various other tribes and peoples .

Sure, slave of Putin.

Eternal optimists .

You got it, Soviet Russian. Your problem: We will win even when we will lose - and you will lose even when you will win.

Forum List

Back