What exactly is the "one state solution"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main question in the OP is this: How will you convince me that in 100 years the one state will be a Jewish state as well as an Arab state? Exactly, how will you maintain the self-determination of the Jewish state with a Jewish character and a vibrant Jewish culture and Jewish ideals and values?

I think that's a legitimate concern. The only way I can imagine it is a federation of some type with two semi-autonomous regions?

Which really is just a variation of a two state solution. We agree. And also with Humanity. I just can't see a one state solution being possible.

Unless...the third possibility is to create a one-state Israel solution but to cede parts of the territory and some of its residents to Jordan and Egypt. Of course, that requires their co-operation. I wonder if that would be worth another thread?

Could be - for example, I can't see Gaza in a one state solution.
Interesting. Why not?

The antipathy would be difficult to reconcile and Gaza is the portion that most leans towards eradicating Israel.

The main question in the OP is this: How will you convince me that in 100 years the one state will be a Jewish state as well as an Arab state? Exactly, how will you maintain the self-determination of the Jewish state with a Jewish character and a vibrant Jewish culture and Jewish ideals and values?

I think that's a legitimate concern. The only way I can imagine it is a federation of some type with two semi-autonomous regions?

Which really is just a variation of a two state solution. We agree. And also with Humanity. I just can't see a one state solution being possible.

Unless...the third possibility is to create a one-state Israel solution but to cede parts of the territory and some of its residents to Jordan and Egypt. Of course, that requires their co-operation. I wonder if that would be worth another thread?

Interesting. Why not?

The antipathy would be difficult to reconcile and Gaza is the portion that most leans towards eradicating Israel.
Could be because 3/4 of the people in Gaza are refugees who want to go back home. Israel is the only thing in their way.

Interesting. Why not?

Could be because 3/4 of the people in Gaza are refugees who want to go back home. Israel is the only thing in their way.

I do think the refugee situation needs to be resolved, but I'm not sure 1.3 million people (most of whom have not lived anywhere but Gaza) could flood into Israel.

Interesting. Why not?

Yeah, just like Iraq is in Iran's way and Iran is in Iraq's way.
How does it feel to be a member of such an irrationally violent people?

Interesting. Why not?

I do think the refugee situation needs to be resolved, but I'm not sure 1.3 million people (most of whom have not lived anywhere but Gaza) could flood into Israel.
Why does every so called peace proposals require the Palestinians to give up rights while Israel gives up nothing?

Oh please. At this point, they are no more refugees than the million Jews who were expelled from or fled ME countries in the 1940s and their 4 million descendants. Once you are resettled you are no longer a refugee.

Interesting. Why not?

Why does every so called peace proposals require the Palestinians to give up rights while Israel gives up nothing?
Because the West Bank Jordanians actually belong in Jordan.

What rights would the Palestinians be giving up in a one state solution?

Oh please. At this point, they are no more refugees than the million Jews who were expelled from or fled ME countries in the 1940s and their 4 million descendants. Once you are resettled you are no longer a refugee.
Separate and unrelated issue. That has nothing to do with the Palestinians.

Separate and unrelated issue. That has nothing to do with the Palestinians.

Not unrelated. But not the point. The point being that refugees are no longer refugees once they are resettled. It applies as much to the Arab Palestinians as any other people.

In one state all refugees could go back home.

In a one state all PEOPLE could live wherever they choose. So what was your point?
The point is that all of the proposals given so far would deny the rights of half of the Palestinians.

In a one state all PEOPLE could live wherever they choose. So what was your point?
The point is that all of the proposals given so far would deny the rights of half of the Palestinians.

The proposals on which thread? The one state solution? The two state solution? The no more states solution?

On this thread, the one state solution, what, exactly are the Palestinians giving up?

The proposals on which thread? The one state solution? The two state solution? The no more states solution?

On this thread, the one state solution, what, exactly are the Palestinians giving up?
It doesn't matter. None of them recognize the right of the Palestinians to go back to their homes.

The so-called one-state solution is not a solution to the Zionist/Palestinian conflict.
In essence, there is already the one-state of Israel which has annexed the West Bank and designate it Sumeria and Judea, similar to the Generalgouvernement of the Third Reich. The Gaza Strip is a designated homeland for indigenous Palestinians and there are pockets of Palestinian ghettos in Sumeria and Judea.

I see this Apartheid State of Israel existing for another generation or longer until its pretense as a democracy is made manifest to those who really matter, the UN Security Council where the United States blocks all criticism of Israel. By boldly extending it border from the Mediterranean Sea to the River Jordan, the Israelis' lust for land that belongs to Palestinians has within it the source of its destruction as a Jewish state.

Interesting. Why not?

It is the Palestinian's right and Israel's obligation.

How can you just blow it off like it is nothing?

Interesting. Why not?

It is the Palestinian's right and Israel's obligation.

How can you just blow it off like it is nothing?

Because it is nothing. My parents were also refugees at one point. They have no desire to go back to the land of their origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back