What exactly is the "one state solution"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What rights would the Palestinians be giving up in a one state solution?
In one state all refugees could go back home.

In a one state all PEOPLE could live wherever they choose. So what was your point?
The point is that all of the proposals given so far would deny the rights of half of the Palestinians.

The proposals on which thread? The one state solution? The two state solution? The no more states solution?

On this thread, the one state solution, what, exactly are the Palestinians giving up?
The so-called one-state solution is not a solution to the Zionist/Palestinian conflict.
In essence, there is already the one-state of Israel which has annexed the West Bank and designate it Sumeria and Judea, similar to the Generalgouvernement of the Third Reich. The Gaza Strip is a designated homeland for indigenous Palestinians and there are pockets of Palestinian ghettos in Sumeria and Judea.

I see this Apartheid State of Israel existing for another generation or longer until its pretense as a democracy is made manifest to those who really matter, the UN Security Council where the United States blocks all criticism of Israel. By boldly extending it border from the Mediterranean Sea to the River Jordan, the Israelis' lust for land that belongs to Palestinians has within it the source of its destruction as a Jewish state.

Israel has never officially annexed the West Bank. They are allowed to call the area by its traditional biblical names. The Cherokee Indians might also call Arizona by a different name. There are more than Palestinian "ghettos" in the West Bank, there are still plenty of Palestinian cities (Bethlehem, Jericho, Nablus, Ramallah, Jenin, etc.). In other words, there is still plenty of room for a Palestinian state on the West Bank. Don't let any false maps convince you otherwise. The refugee camps that are still there can be dismantled. With a 2 state solution, Israel can maintain its distinctive Jewish character, and the Palestinians can maintain their non-distinctive Arab character, which is similar to the other 22 Arab states.

Could be - for example, I can't see Gaza in a one state solution.
Interesting. Why not?

The antipathy would be difficult to reconcile and Gaza is the portion that most leans towards eradicating Israel.
Could be because 3/4 of the people in Gaza are refugees who want to go back home. Israel is the only thing in their way.

I do think the refugee situation needs to be resolved, but I'm not sure 1.3 million people (most of whom have not lived anywhere but Gaza) could flood into Israel.
It is the Palestinian's right and Israel's obligation.

How can you just blow it off like it is nothing?
My feelings on this is it is not an unlimited right. How far back would you go? How about the Jews who were displaced by the Palestinians and then in turn displaced them? How about native Americans? How far back?

In my opinion right of return only applies to those displaced, not their descendents. All else needs to be negotiated.

Interesting. Why not?

The antipathy would be difficult to reconcile and Gaza is the portion that most leans towards eradicating Israel.
Could be because 3/4 of the people in Gaza are refugees who want to go back home. Israel is the only thing in their way.

I do think the refugee situation needs to be resolved, but I'm not sure 1.3 million people (most of whom have not lived anywhere but Gaza) could flood into Israel.
Why does every so called peace proposals require the Palestinians to give up rights while Israel gives up nothing?
Because the West Bank Jordanians actually belong in Jordan.
West bankers belong in West bank.

Interesting. Why not?

Because it is nothing. My parents were also refugees at one point. They have no desire to go back to the land of their origin.
You are misinformed if you think that people within a generation or two of being ethnically cleansed from their homeland will have no expectation or desire to return there. I have even heard that some Jews today consider immigrating to Israel as returning home after thousands of years of exile. Seriously.

Why does every so called peace proposals require the Palestinians to give up rights while Israel gives up nothing?
Anyone besides the victors living in the West Bank of Jordan belongs in Jordan proper, but the caring, loving Jordanians left them in the conquered West Bank of Jordan hoping the Jews would kill them.

Anyone besides the victors living in the West Bank of Jordan belongs in Jordan proper, but the caring, loving Jordanians left them in the conquered West Bank of Jordan hoping the Jews would kill them.
So you are in favor of ethnic cleansing?

Because it is nothing. My parents were also refugees at one point. They have no desire to go back to the land of their origin.
You are misinformed if you think that people within a generation or two of being ethnically cleansed from their homeland will have no expectation or desire to return there. I have even heard that some Jews today consider immigrating to Israel as returning home after thousands of years of exile. Seriously.

What are you talking about? Do you mean that Arabs should "return" to Haifa, Tel-Aviv and Beersheba? First of all, since you've never been to Israel, I can let you know that there are already lots of Arabs who live there. Secondly, I think the Arabs themselves should make a decision about whether they would receive financial compensation instead. That decision shouldn't be made by Brits or Scandinavians, like you or Tinmore. Previously, Eloy, you said that you were in favor of the 2-state solution. Has that changed?

When the preponderance of those to be cleansed is the desire to commit murder? Yes.

When the preponderance of those to be cleansed is the desire to commit murder? Yes.
When the preponderance of those to be
cleansed is the desire to commit murder? Yes.

Convenient excuse for stealing their land.

I invite you to vacation in Gaza or The conquered Jordanian West Bank.
And don't forget to wear your Cross proudly.
One more thing, put my name in your Life Insurance Policy.
Put up or shut up.

Put up or shut up.

Actually, except for the occasional victim like Taylor Force, not many American tourists are killed on the West Bank. It would hurt the tourist industry's Christmas Eve celebrations in Bethlehem. From what I've read, the PA areas are more Westernized than Gaza. I wouldn't really advise her to go to Gaza while wearing a cross.

Put up or shut up.

Nice diversion.

Ethnic cleansing is barbaric. The forcable transfer of people is considered a crime for good reason.

Put up or shut up.

Nice diversion.

Ethnic cleansing is barbaric. The forcable transfer of people is considered a crime for good reason.
Coming from someone who would defend a serial killer that's a compliment.

Last edited:

Put up or shut up.

Nice diversion.

Coming from someone who would defend a serial killer that's a complement.
What serial killer?

Okay, working with P F Tinmore 's requirement that all people of Palestinian ethnicity who want to move back to the one state can and do -- how do you preserve the Jewish character of the State in a one state solution?

Address the very real concern that Palestine will become just another Arab Muslim state in the ME. What specifically would you do to ensure the survival of Jewish self-determination?

Okay, working with P F Tinmore 's requirement that all people of Palestinian ethnicity who want to move back to the one state can and do -- how do you preserve the Jewish character of the State in a one state solution?

Address the very real concern that Palestine will become just another Arab Muslim state in the ME. What specifically would you do to ensure the survival of Jewish self-determination?

Are you asking Tinmore? He couldn't care less about Israel's Jewish identity.

Put up or shut up.

Nice diversion.

Coming from someone who would defend a serial killer that's a complement.
What serial killer?
Any Muslim who kills in the of Allah; you think I don't read your insane rationales for Arabs murdering Israelis?

I'm asking anyone who believes in a one state solution to convince me how it would be better for the Jewish people than a two state solution or a no more states solution.

I can't think of a single reason why it would be at all good for the Jewish people. And I think all the people on this board who champion a one state solution do so because they know it spells the end of Jewish independence.

I'm asking anyone who believes in a one state solution to convince me how it would be better for the Jewish people than a two state solution or a no more states solution.

I can't think of a single reason why it would be at all good for the Jewish people. And I think all the people on this board who champion a one state solution do so because they know it spells the end of Jewish independence.
Neither the Jews nor the Arabs want a one state solution(?). It is just something that morons like Kerry use to try to frighten Israelis into obeying what the Obama administration told them to do in the same way some parents tell children the boogeyman will get them if they do not do as they are told.

Since everyone means something different by a two state final status agreement, it simply isn't a meaningful term unless the specifics are defined each time it is used. The same goes for "peace". Israel already has a peace treaty with the PLO and on the ground, Israel, including the parts of Judea and Samaria Israel controls, is the most peaceful place in the ME. Since there is already de jure and de facto peace, no final status agreement can bring any more peace.

Neither the Jews nor the Arabs want a one state solution(?). It is just something that morons like Kerry use to try to frighten Israelis into obeying what the Obama administration told them to do in the same way some parents tell children the boogeyman will get them if they do not do as they are told.

Since everyone means something different by a two state final status agreement, it simply isn't a meaningful term unless the specifics are defined each time it is used. The same goes for "peace". Israel already has a peace treaty with the PLO and on the ground, Israel, including the parts of Judea and Samaria Israel controls, is the most peaceful place in the ME. Since there is already de jure and de facto peace, no final status agreement can bring any more peace.

I don't know about all that "peace" you're talking about. My best friend and his family in Jerusalem had to stay indoors during that "knife intifada", and my relatives had to flee Haifa for a few weeks when that city was burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back