What exactly is the "one state solution"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shusha

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2015
We have a thread to discuss solutions to the conflict from the lens of two states. Many members would prefer a one state solution. So let's discuss that as well.

What would a one state solution look like? How would it preserve both the Jewish and the Arab character of the territory? Do you envision a system of loosely connected, self-governing provinces with a federal government or just one overall government? Would parliament be half Jewish/half Arab, or would there be some sort of proportional representation? How would you protect the minority populations, including some which may be somewhat hostile? How would you preserve the cultural artifacts of each group, both tangible and non-tangible? Who gets to pray on the Temple Mount, renovate or build there? Would the Jewish people be able to build a synagogue there? What would you call the new country? What would its charter look like? Will the laws be based on sharia or halakhah or both or neither? Will immigration be based on jus soli or jus sanguinis? Who will be eligible? Will civil matters, such as marriage, be handled by civil courts or by religious institutions?

Some are going to say, "a secular and democratic state" (I'm looking at you P F Tinmore and montelatici). Please be specific. What does this mean? This is a great opportunity for you to discuss not only the mistakes you see Israel making -- but provide solutions. How will the new country handle illegal building? Or terrorist acts? Terrorist groups who try to rise up? How will you handle discrimination?

How will you convince me that in a hundred years, the state will still be both a Jewish state and also an Arab state?

The U.S. Constitution would be a starting point. No government-sponsored religion. No religious tests for office. Complete freedom of religion. No discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity or religion.

There is no doubt that Arab-Muslims would immediately start to breed their way to political dominance, and within a generation would initiate some for genocide against the jews.

The sticking point is that Israel must be a Jewish State. And while this seems like a racist (or pick another word) demand, the people who see it as such have no problem with the large number of countries that are explicitly designated in their fundamental documents as "Islamic" states. Thus, the objection to Israel being a Jewish state is in itself racist.

jewish is a religion Arabian is a race

Not helping. I'll tell you what, for the sake of this thread -- which is to discuss solutions -- let's come up with two words for the Jewish people in terms of ethnicity/religion, like we have for the Arab Palestinian Muslims. I'd suggest Jewish Torahides.

Use the word "Jews" or "Jewish" for the ethnicity. And "Torahides" for the faith.

jewish is a religion Arabian is a race

Not helping. I'll tell you what, for the sake of this thread -- which is to discuss solutions -- let's come up with two words for the Jewish people in terms of ethnicity/religion, like we have for the Arab Palestinian Muslims. I'd suggest Jewish Torahides.

Use the word "Jews" or "Jewish" for the ethnicity. And "Torahides" for the faith.
Stop redefining words to meet your needs. You try that on every thread. Jews are Jews. Judaism is a religion.

The one state solution is the solution proposed from our traditional rabbis (who are Jewish).

You pretend you are so well read. If you were, then you would know this and there would be no need for this thread of for anyone to take the time to explain it to you.

Do your own research and check back. If you have fair questions at that point, then I will help you out the best that I can.

Last edited:
We design an App to kill violent Arabs.
Oh wait, they already have homicide vests.

I assume the one state solution is Israel quitting pretending and going off to conquer the remaining Palestinian land and expelling or killing the current inhabitants.

Ship them to Syria. I hear there's room, and very few pesky Jews.
Win-Win!
Yeah maybe carve out some land in Syria and declare it to be for Palestinians and only Palestinians. I'm sure the Syrians will love that and it won't lead to decades of war. The past has proven so.

I assume the one state solution is Israel quitting pretending and going off to conquer the remaining Palestinian land and expelling or killing the current inhabitants.

Ship them to Syria. I hear there's room, and very few pesky Jews.
Win-Win!
Yeah maybe carve out some land in Syria and declare it to be for Palestinians and only Palestinians. I'm sure the Syrians will love that and it won't lead to decades of war. The past has proven so.

Syrians fighting "Palestinians"?
Sounds like a plan!!!

17 million Syrians, 2.7 million "Palestinians" in the West Bank, another 1.7 million in Gaza.
To be fair, give the Pallies 20% of Syria. Peace at last!!!

One state solution = all of current Israel, all of Jerusalem, all of Samaria and Judea and none of Gaza, with 95% of the Arabs deported to Gaza and Jordan!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The U.S. Constitution would be a starting point. No government-sponsored religion. No religious tests for office. Complete freedom of religion. No discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity or religion.

There is no doubt that Arab-Muslims would immediately start to breed their way to political dominance, and within a generation would initiate some for genocide against the jews.

The sticking point is that Israel must be a Jewish State. And while this seems like a racist (or pick another word) demand, the people who see it as such have no problem with the large number of countries that are explicitly designated in their fundamental documents as "Islamic" states. Thus, the objection to Israel being a Jewish state is in itself racist.
Indeed, the Palestinian constitution was written with the assistance of US constitutional scholars. It is very similar including a "bill of rights."

How To "Free Palestine"

Indeed, the Palestinian constitution was written with the assistance of US constitutional scholars. It is very similar including a "bill of rights."

How To "Free Palestine"

Indeed, that's funny stuff. In every implementation of an Islamist state, we find it to be a waking nightmare of social, political and gender apartheid.

Your Magical Kingdom of Disney Pal'istan shares all the same retrograde attributes that afflict other Islamist paradises acrosss the Islamist Middle East. There are competing tribes with competing interests who have no aversion to regime change at the business end of a gun. The Hamas vs. Fatah civil war in the late 2000's showed us precisely the brutality that these two, competing Islamic terrorist franchises are willing to inflict upon one-another.

How To "Free Palestine"

Indeed, that's funny stuff. In every implementation of an Islamist state, we find it to be a waking nightmare of social, political and gender apartheid.

Your Magical Kingdom of Disney Pal'istan shares all the same retrograde attributes that afflict other Islamist paradises acrosss the Islamist Middle East. There are competing tribes with competing interests who have no aversion to regime change at the business end of a gun. The Hamas vs. Fatah civil war in the late 2000's showed us precisely the brutality that these two, competing Islamic terrorist franchises are willing to inflict upon one-another.
See? I was 100% right again! You just post the same thing on every thread. You don't read the title. You don't follow the conversation. You don't even know which thread you are on.

This is the one about the one state solution and I posted already that this idea comes from our traditional rabbis. Are you familiar at all with THIS topic?

How To "Free Palestine"

See? I was 100% right again! You just post the same thing on every thread. You don't read the title. You don't follow the conversation. You don't even know which thread you are on.

This is the one about the one state solution and I posted already that this idea comes from our traditional rabbis. Are you familiar at all with THIS topic?

You're such a cartoon.

How To "Free Palestine"

You didn't look at my link.

How To "Free Palestine"

How To "Free Palestine"

How To "Free Palestine"

Not surprisingly, you chose to sidestep and waffle.

Both versions of your Islamic terrorist heroes masquerading as Pal'istanians have their own unique version of a mini-caliphate and Islamist Pally'land, neither of which includes either Israel or the competing Islamic terrorist enclave.

How To "Free Palestine"

How To "Free Palestine"

How to Free Palestine...
[1] Give a fuck
[2] Nobody gives a fuck
[3] Plan Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back