This is the Kind of Propaganda that Obama is Sending Out

I'm still waiting for her to tell us how someone gets to be president of harvard law review by affirmative action. (oh right.. they can't)

Thanks for your patience my dear, I believe that you were asking for an indication that Obama's ascension to presidency of Harvard Law Review was a form of affirmative action. The following is from what, I'm sure you consider, your bible.

Until the 1970's the editors were picked on the basis of grades, and the president of the Law Review was the student with the highest academic rank. Among these were Elliot L. Richardson, the former Attorney General, and Irwin Griswold, a dean of the Harvard Law School and Solicitor General under Presidents Lyndon B. Johnson and Richard M. Nixon.

That system came under attack in the 1970's and was replaced by a program in which about half the editors are chosen for their grades and the other half are chosen by fellow students after a special writing competition. The new system, disputed when it began, was meant to help insure that minority students became editors of The Law Review.

Harvard, like a number of other top law schools, no longer ranks its law students for any purpose including a guide to recruiters
NYT Feb. 6, 1990

Now that we have ended your wait, will you be changing your vote?

Dear, if there any words you don't understand in the above article, let me know. I'd love to help you out; which way did you come in?

And what part of that, exactly, disputes that he got onto law review by being top ten percent of his class.

Good article, though.

And I'm pretty sure you liked the NY Times when good ole Judy Miller was shilling for you guys and banging the drums to go to Iraq.

I didn't find anything ridiculous in your response to that email. Nor did I get the impression that you implied Obama sent it to you.

As far as the notion that voting against Obama is racist, it’s my opinion that only racists are making that claim while simultaneously promoting Obama because of his race.

Now that’s RACIST.

Good post Chic.

Finally, a rational human being...:clap2:

And what part of that, exactly, disputes that he got onto law review by being top ten percent of his class.

Exactly, how did you go about determining that Obama was in the "top ten percent" of any class, including preschool???

"For starters, Obama did not do nearly well enough at his previous stop, Columbia University, to justify admission to Harvard Law.
According to the New York Sun, university spokesman Brian Connolly confirmed that Obama graduated in 1983 with a major in political science but without honors.

In the age of affirmative action and grade inflation, a minority in a relatively easy major like political science had to under-perform dramatically to avoid minimal honors. Obama apparently did just that.

The specifics we may never know. As the New York Times concedes, Obama "declined repeated requests to talk about his New York years, release his Columbia transcript or identify even a single fellow student, co-worker, roommate or friend from those years."
__Jack Cashill, WorldNetDaily, Sept 11, 2008

Now I would go further, but I don't want you to get too angry. You might be tempted to send your flying monkeys after me.

Exactly, how did you go about determining that Obama was in the "top ten percent" of any class, including preschool???

"For starters, Obama did not do nearly well enough at his previous stop, Columbia University, to justify admission to Harvard Law.
According to the New York Sun, university spokesman Brian Connolly confirmed that Obama graduated in 1983 with a major in political science but without honors.

In the age of affirmative action and grade inflation, a minority in a relatively easy major like political science had to under-perform dramatically to avoid minimal honors. Obama apparently did just that.

The specifics we may never know. As the New York Times concedes, Obama "declined repeated requests to talk about his New York years, release his Columbia transcript or identify even a single fellow student, co-worker, roommate or friend from those years."

Now I would go further, but I don't want you to get too angry. You might be tempted to send your flying monkeys after me.

What on earth are you talking about. Let me explain this to you slowly, sweetie. I don't want to tax your brain too much. It's not about class placement before law school. The top ten percent of a law school class is given the opportunity to be on law review. It does not matter how the person did before.

He only got onto the Harvard Law Review in the first place because he made that cut-off.

So your efforts at smears about his Columbia years are pretty unimpressive.

As much as I am sure that the worldnetdaily is a reputable news source, it doesn't demonstrate anything about Obama's position on the Harvard Law Review or his admission to Harvard.

Law schools take into account the same factors that other tertiary institutions do when it comes to admissions. Grades, standardized test scores, personal statements, and sometimes interviews all come into play. I did fairly well in my undergraduate institution but over-performed with respect to the other factors and got into a law school that one would not think my grades may have justified. There is no way to determine what factors Harvard relied upon in admitting Obama. However, they obviously did a good job because he did very well while he was there.

Not in my school. Was top ten percent only. Nice to see you again, Reilly.

That may have been true at my school as well. I don't remember. Grades were a factor, but I don't know if a minimum threshold like 10% was applied. It may have been.

Nice to see you too.

What on earth are you talking about. Let me explain this to you slowly, sweetie. I don't want to tax your brain too much. It's not about class placement before law school. The top ten percent of a law school class is given the opportunity to be on law review. It does not matter how the person did before.

He only got onto the Harvard Law Review in the first place because he made that cut-off.

So your efforts at smears about his Columbia years are pretty unimpressive.

Sending you original souce material is useless, since comprehension is the heart of (one of your) problem(s). Let's bullet-point the items under discussion,
1. Obama did not get into Harvard on merit.
2. He was selected for his position on the Law Review, in part, for racial balance.
3. He hides all of his academic records, probably because they would put the lie to the fantasies you left-wingers have created about him.
4. Further, alllow me to voice these questions: who wrote letters and used influence to get him into Columbia and Harvard? Who paid for this education, since his financial disclosure forms do not list student-loan payments? Why the secrecy?
Now, respond to the above, preferably item by item, or go back into the corner and we'll continue to water you twice a day.

I think your problem, love, is you're not following... you keep running your mouth but you don't "listen".

PEOPLE DON'T GET ON TO LAW REVIEW AT ALL IF THEY AREN'T TOP TEN PERCENT OF THEIR LAW SCHOOL CLASS.

I wrote that large, not because I'm shouting, but because you seem not to be looking at the words on the page.

Take care love. And I'll be happy to educate you further over a glass of wine if you're ever down my end of Brooklyn.

Muah!

Sending you original souce material is useless, since comprehension is the heart of (one of your) problem(s). Let's bullet-point the items under discussion,
1. Obama did not get into Harvard on merit.
2. He was selected for his position on the Law Review, in part, for racial balance.
3. He hides all of his academic records, probably because they would put the lie to the fantasies you left-wingers have created about him.
4. Further, alllow me to voice these questions: who wrote letters and used influence to get him into Columbia and Harvard? Who paid for this education, since his financial disclosure forms do not list student-loan payments? Why the secrecy?
Now, respond to the above, preferably item by item, or go back into the corner and we'll continue to water you twice a day.

1. Impossible to know.
2. Impossible to know, although if he met the commonly accepted criteria for law review, unlikely.
3. If he hides all of his academic records, then you could not possible know if 1 and 2 are correct. They are merely unfounded guesses.
4. a) If he is like everybody else, probably past professors and such. Is there any reason to think otherwise. b) Don't know how he paid off his student loans. My guess is with money from working. c) I am not sure what he is supposed to be keeping secret.

Good article, though.

And I'm pretty sure you liked the NY Times when good ole Judy Miller was shilling for you guys and banging the drums to go to Iraq.

Do you always change the subject when you lose?

It was supposed to be a message about racism. Clearly, the only racism that is being spewed is by the Obama people.

Total right wing bullshit. There are no racist in the McCain people.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

However, they obviously did a good job because he did very well while he was there.

On what basis, do you say that Obama did very well?

Keep in mind that Obama's supporters have saturated media outlets and internet bandwidth for the last two years with stories of Obama's "academic degrees and honors." Now they viciously attack those who want to see Obama's grades and scores on standardized tests.

On what basis, do you say that Obama did very well?

Keep in mind that Obama's supporters have saturated media outlets and internet bandwidth for the last two years with stories of Obama's "academic degrees and honors." Now they viciously attack those who want to see Obama's grades and scores on standardized tests.

I believe he did well while he was there because he was editor of the Harvard Law Review. Even if one assumes that racial preferences played a role (and there is absolutely no evidence to support this), editor of the Harvard Law Review is not a position in which one puts a dunce. For that matter, Harvard Law School is not a place for dunces.

What the hell difference does it matter what his standardized test scores were? Is he 25 and applying for his first job?

This is absolutely a non-issue. The last grasps of the desperate.

Forum List

Back