Zone1 Catholics (real ones) do NOT go against Scripture or add to it. It's a lie.

They think that the Resurrection was a "return".
I know. But it wasn't the second coming. Christ never left the earth after the crucifixion.
Matthew 12:40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

At the rapture He will appear in the sky only to be seen by those who belong to Him and He will remove those faithful from earth to where He is. He never touches earth.
John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

At His second coming, everyone will see Him descend to earth. With an army.
Here is where the second coming will occur:
Zech.14:4 On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south.

That is called communing with the dead. Asking Mary for favors.
We have one mediator who intercedes on our behalf. And it isn't Mary. Since scripture tells us that there is only one mediator, why not ask the one mediator to pray for you?
First, the Body of Christ, which is made up of both the living and those who have passed on, is not dead. Is there a belief that Christians who pass on are dead and no longer members of the Body of Christ?

A mediator is one who brings together two parties who are in disagreement with one another. Are there disagreements some are still having with God?

I know. But it wasn't the second coming. Christ never left the earth after the crucifixion.
Matthew 12:40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

At the rapture He will appear in the sky only to be seen by those who belong to Him and He will remove those faithful from earth to where He is. He never touches earth.
John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

At His second coming, everyone will see Him descend to earth. With an army.
Here is where the second coming will occur:
Zech.14:4 On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south.

You know that, I know that but they are Scripturally ignorant.

You know that, I know that but they are Scripturally ignorant.

But Darby’s most important legacy might be political. This would have been something he could never have expected. Like many other high Tories, Darby decried the growth of popular democracy, and the “revolution” it seemed to him to represent, and encouraged brethren to have nothing whatsoever to do with any form of political participation – even voting. So it’s ironic that his legacy outside the churches is most evident in American foreign policy, where the Christian Zionism that dispensational theology has promoted has influenced every administration since the election of Jimmy Carter. Darby’s ideas didn’t need to be right in order for them to matter.

Of course, Darby has achieved much of this influence at second hand. In 2023, his Bible translations, exegetical commentaries and theological polemics are rarely consulted. The movement of Plymouth brethren is very much diminished. It’s ironic that his legacy is more powerful than ever. For – expecting the marginalisation of believers, the collapse of civilizational order and the imminent return of Christ – Darby could never have anticipated this success.

But Darby’s most important legacy might be political. This would have been something he could never have expected. Like many other high Tories, Darby decried the growth of popular democracy, and the “revolution” it seemed to him to represent, and encouraged brethren to have nothing whatsoever to do with any form of political participation – even voting. So it’s ironic that his legacy outside the churches is most evident in American foreign policy, where the Christian Zionism that dispensational theology has promoted has influenced every administration since the election of Jimmy Carter. Darby’s ideas didn’t need to be right in order for them to matter.

Of course, Darby has achieved much of this influence at second hand. In 2023, his Bible translations, exegetical commentaries and theological polemics are rarely consulted. The movement of Plymouth brethren is very much diminished. It’s ironic that his legacy is more powerful than ever. For – expecting the marginalisation of believers, the collapse of civilizational order and the imminent return of Christ – Darby could never have anticipated this success.

Don't bother, I have done my own research, I don't need your help.

First, the Body of Christ, which is made up of both the living and those who have passed on, is not dead. Is there a belief that Christians who pass on are dead and no longer members of the Body of Christ?

A mediator is one who brings together two parties who are in disagreement with one another. Are there disagreements some are still having with God?
The body of Christ is made up of both living and dead humans. If you are in Christ, when you die, you go straight up, and your clay body gets buried.
At the rapture, those still alive will retain their bodies and those souls who have died reunite with their bodies and the bodies of both are glorified, immortal, incorruptible. The whole event takes place in 11/100 of a second.

If one has a disagreement with God, then Christ mediates between the two of you. The dead do not. I know that because the scripture makes it quite clear as to how many mediators we have, what His name is, so you won't get confused and why He is the ONLY one qualified TO mediate:

1 Tim.2:5-7 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

If one has a disagreement with God, then Christ mediates between the two of you. The dead do not. I know that because the scripture makes it quite clear as to how many mediators we have, what His name is, so you won't get confused and why He is the ONLY one qualified TO mediate:
Speaking of those living in the present life today: What are possible disagreements might one have in their present life today that need Christ to mediate? Recall by his life, death, and resurrection Christ already served as mediator between God and man by bringing redemption and salvation to all. What is there left to mediate in today's world?

well, some antiCatholic are quite arrogant. Arrogance appears to give people license to tell others what they can or should do or not.
Some Catholics are quite arrogant, misery. An arrogance that some Catholics think gives them a right to judge others...
The last time you started with your anti-Catholics rhetoric it didn't bode well for you. You had to retreat and show up with new name to get back to your judging of everyone that doesn't share your misguided opinions.

As far as your views about the Good Catholic church vs the Bad one you have now, let's review some of the "Good" church of yore. Start with Pope Alexander VI.

Speaking of those living in the present life today: What are possible disagreements might one have in their present life today that need Christ to mediate? Recall by his life, death, and resurrection Christ already served as mediator between God and man by bringing redemption and salvation to all. What is there left to mediate in today's world?
The sin I will commit tomorrow...

well, some antiCatholic are quite arrogant. Arrogance appears to give people license to tell others what they can or should do or not.
I believe both Protestants and Catholics can go to heaven. The Catholics complicate the religion quite a bit but some people like to make things complicated.

I personally don’t see why there should be a middleman between God and myself. The concept of a Pope doesn’t impress me. There have also been some bad popes.

Snip

Because man’s sin separates him from God, he cannot go to heaven on his own merit. The Bible makes it clear that every person is inherently wicked, and will violate God’s law and will; “Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins” (Ecclesiastes 7:20). God’s design was for man to be with Him, and for a period of time, He instituted sacrifices, where the blood of an animal was given as a substitute, atoning for sin. This system highlighted how wicked people were, as they continually had to offer sacrifices - it seemed like a never-ending cycle. They were not perfect sacrifices which perfectly and completely paid the debt for sin.

In order for man to have a perfect way to get to heaven, God the Son - one of the persons of the Trinity - came to earth, grew up living a sinless life, and died as the perfect sacrificial lamb. Three days later Jesus was resurrected, proving by the power of God the gift of new life is available through Him, and will return one day for His people.

In order to receive salvation, a person must first understand they are a sinner, and unable to justify themselves before God on their own. To be saved, all one needs to do is believe that Jesus is Lord, that He died as the perfect sacrifice for their sins, and He was resurrected. Once someone has faith in Jesus Christ the Holy Spirit secures that person’s salvation until Jesus returns. “In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit” (Ephesians 1:13).

In addition to sealing believers for salvation, the Holy Spirit strengthens those who have faith, helping them to repent from sins. Salvation through Jesus is the only way to go to heaven. Jesus claims absolute authority over this path, saying, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6b). No good deeds, no chants, no sacrifices are enough. Only the blood of Jesus has the power to wash away someone’s sins forever.

The sin I will commit tomorrow...
Forgiveness of sins has already been mediated.

The confusing part is imagining people praying to God about the sins they plan to commit the following day. It does make sense, then, why one wouldn't want anyone to join them in prayer over committing future sins.

Honey no matter how hard you try you can't pin Darby/Schofield or Lindsay on me. I know what I know because of stone cold research.

I am not just a Catholic, I am an informed one. I have read the Bible and I have studied Church history and history in general. I know WHY Catholics believe in or practice [whatever].

There is nothing that Catholics do that seriously contradicts Scripture. It just is not true.

If it APPEARS that they do, it is often because Catholics go by Church/synagogue TRADITIONS that have been handed down for centuries. You'd have to be a priest or bishop to fully understand it all. And face it, most anti-Catholics wouldn't even consider doing that. But they often pass themselves off as Catholic experts just the same.
"Call no man father, for you have just one Father who is in heaven."

There are MANY things you do that contradict Scripture.

REMEMBER THE SABBATH DAY, to keep it Holy. Six days shall you labor and do all your work, but the SEVENTH DAY is the SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD. In it, you shall not do any work."

Your "rosary" violates Scripture

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

Forum List

Back