This is the Kind of Propaganda that Obama is Sending Out

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I received this post from another message board which is not even political. Please read my response below.

"How Racism Works...

What if John McCain were a former president of the Harvard Law Review?
What if Barack Obama finished fifth from the bottom of his graduating
class?

What if Michelle Obama were a wife who not only became addicted to
pain killers, but acquired them illegally through her charitable
organization?
What if Cindy McCain had graduated from Harvard?

What if Obama were a member of the Keating-5?
What if McCain were a charismatic, eloquent speaker?

This is what racism does. It covers up, rationalizes and minimizes
positive qualities in one candidate and emphasizes negative qualities
in another when there is also a difference based on race.

You are The Boss... which team would you hire?"

Thank you for sending me this post. I have a great interest in this
subject: It is clearly a polemic favoring Barack Obama.

In a short post like this, there are always unspoken assumptions.
Obama got into Harvard with the help of al-Mansour, a racist.

He was selected, not elected, nor picked for academic reasons, to be
president of the Harvard Law Review -- can you find any articles he
wrote for the review?

Barak Obama has never released his grades or any information about
his academics, so how do we know where he graduated in his class?
Don't you want to know why he won't release this infomation?

We don't need a "what if," since the presidential candidate himself
has admitted to illegal drug use.

Although McCain was a member of the "Keating 5," Bob Bennett, the
democratic lawywer for the congressional ethics committee said that
his involvement was so minor that he should not have been included in
the charges. On the other hand, Obama is clearly tied to the
slumlord, Tony Rezko, who helped him buy a house, received funds
through Obama's position as state senator -- and is now on his way to
prison. None of the Keating 5 went to prison.

Reality is defined by actions, not words. Although Obama is
eloquent, he has never accomplished anything nor fought for his
country, nor suffered years of torture for wearing the U.S. flag.
Instead, he has gone and addressed German crowds, telling them his
country is not what it used to be, and has a wife who stated that she
has never been proud of her country.

Which of the following is associated with McCain:
--William Ayers
--Rev Wright
--Tony Rezko
--Louis Farrakhan
--Father Phlager
--ACORN

"For most Americans, there is nothing more terrifying than the
prospect of being called a racist. It's scarier than flood or famine,
terrorist attacks or flesh-eating bacteria."

The idea that voting against Obama is racist is bogus and a
smokescreen. As you can see above, there are many valid reasons.

Thanks again.

got a link that shows this came from Obama rather than an Obama supporter? probably not but don't let that stop you from attempting to insinuate that it came directly from Obama and his campaign.

I've seen it only on blogs and in email and not from the campaign at all... unlike the food stamp with watermelon and ribs and chicken and obama's face.

But I am curious. What's propaganda about it? Except for the ridiculous response to it, that is.

And for the moron who did the response, you don't become president of harvard law review because of affirmative action.

But cool that the ijit proved the point of the email. woooo hooo!

you should see what i got in the mail from the nc republicans...it is a flyer with a quote by ayers...next to obama pic...the ayers pic is on the bottom...makes it look like obama is the one being quoted. totally misreps. the ayers thing.

I've seen it only on blogs and in email and not from the campaign at all... unlike the food stamp with watermelon and ribs and chicken and obama's face.

But I am curious. What's propaganda about it? Except for the ridiculous response to it, that is.

And for the moron who did the response, you don't become president of harvard law review because of affirmative action.

I'm sorry, I thought the people on this board was literate. Let me explain to those who are a bit challenged.

It was supposed to be a message about racism. Clearly, the only racism that is being spewed is by the Obama people.

I'm sorry, I thought the people on this board was literate. Let me explain to those who are a bit challenged.

It was supposed to be a message about racism. Clearly, the only racism that is being spewed is by the Obama people.

Sweetheart, for someone who's as challenged as you are, I wouldn't insult anyone else's intellect.

I know EXACTLY what it is. And, frankly, I've been amazed at what the right wingnuts justify ...

Sorry, we aren't smart enough for you. Perhaps another forum would be more to your liking. I hear there's one called Free Republic that seems tailor made for intelligent people of your caliber.

That was your thread title.

Now, answer my question, Obama sent you that?

I think you better think first before you post YOUR right wing propaganda, eh?

It is pretty clear that you are unable your focus on a particular point, which probably explains your choice of candidate.

Here is the definition of propaganda: ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause.

See, you've learned a definition of a new term and you've been rewarded for getting out of bed today. Your "style," if we can use that term loosely, is to use vague and vapid terms like "ridiculous," rather than address a particular point. Since you haven't done so, there are none of my statements that you can refute. As far as, the Harvard Law Review, please tell us what test he had to pass to become president thereof.

That was your thread title.

Now, answer my question, Obama sent you that?

I think you better think first before you post YOUR right wing propaganda, eh?

Have your attendant read the thread title to you more carefully. The key word is "kind."

Have your attendant read the thread title to you more carefully. The key word is "kind."

Again, you said he was sending it out. So you got this from his campaign eh?

Maybe you need to edit your title so it's not misleading, or is that how you spin your right wing propaganda?

"How Racism Works...

What if John McCain were a former president of the Harvard Law Review?
What if Barack Obama finished fifth from the bottom of his graduating
class?

What if Michelle Obama were a wife who not only became addicted to
pain killers, but acquired them illegally through her charitable
organization?
What if Cindy McCain had graduated from Harvard?

What if Obama were a member of the Keating-5?
What if McCain were a charismatic, eloquent speaker?

This is what racism does. It covers up, rationalizes and minimizes
positive qualities in one candidate and emphasizes negative qualities
in another when there is also a difference based on race.

You are The Boss... which team would you hire?"

Funny how anyone would see this completely logical annalysis as propaganda.

Racism still exsists in this country and there is a completely logical reason the people of color overwhelmingly vote democratic.

The republican party has performed racially motivated voter supression and have been caught red handed and punished.

They are the party of keeping black and poor people from voting.

This whole ACORN dust up is just that.

They did the same exact thing last election.

They attacked ACORN and even fired DOJ lawyers who refused to trump up charges on them right before the election.

How did this dust up end last time?

ACORN was found to have done NOTHING wrong.

How stupid can you people be to keep buying the lies?

Last edited:
It is pretty clear that you are unable your focus on a particular point, which probably explains your choice of candidate.

Here is the definition of propaganda: ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause.

See, you've learned a definition of a new term and you've been rewarded for getting out of bed today. Your "style," if we can use that term loosely, is to use vague and vapid terms like "ridiculous," rather than address a particular point. Since you haven't done so, there are none of my statements that you can refute. As far as, the Harvard Law Review, please tell us what test he had to pass to become president thereof.

I do just fine, thanks. You? I doubt it somehow.

And you left a bit out of the propaganda definition sweetheart, which could explain your lack of understanding on the subject. Here, let me help:

Propaganda is a concerted set of messages aimed at influencing the opinions or behaviors of large numbers of people. As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda in its most basic sense presents information in order to influence its audience. Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or gives loaded messages in order to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the cognitive narrative of the subject in the target audience to further a political agenda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda

Again, what part of the initial email, as opposed to the ridiculous response, was untrue?

I'll wait.

And, as for Harvard Law Review, one doesn't make law review at all unless one is top ten percent of one's class. And being top ten percent at harvard law isn't something one gets by affirmative action.

Thank you for sending me this post. I have a great interest in this subject: It is clearly a polemic favoring Barack Obama.

In a short post like this, there are always unspoken assumptions.
Obama got into Harvard with the help of al-Mansour, a racist.

He was selected, not elected, nor picked for academic reasons, to be
president of the Harvard Law Review -- can you find any articles he
wrote for the review?

Barak Obama has never released his grades or any information about
his academics, so how do we know where he graduated in his class?
Don't you want to know why he won't release this infomation?

We don't need a "what if," since the presidential candidate himself
has admitted to illegal drug use.

Although McCain was a member of the "Keating 5," Bob Bennett, the
democratic lawywer for the congressional ethics committee said that
his involvement was so minor that he should not have been included in
the charges. On the other hand, Obama is clearly tied to the
slumlord, Tony Rezko, who helped him buy a house, received funds
through Obama's position as state senator -- and is now on his way to
prison. None of the Keating 5 went to prison.

Reality is defined by actions, not words. Although Obama is
eloquent, he has never accomplished anything nor fought for his
country, nor suffered years of torture for wearing the U.S. flag.
Instead, he has gone and addressed German crowds, telling them his
country is not what it used to be, and has a wife who stated that she
has never been proud of her country.

Which of the following is associated with McCain:
--William Ayers
--Rev Wright
--Tony Rezko
--Louis Farrakhan
--Father Phlager
--ACORN

"For most Americans, there is nothing more terrifying than the
prospect of being called a racist. It's scarier than flood or famine,
terrorist attacks or flesh-eating bacteria."

The idea that voting against Obama is racist is bogus and a
smokescreen. As you can see above, there are many valid reasons.

Thanks again.

I didn't find anything ridiculous in your response to that email. Nor did I get the impression that you implied Obama sent it to you.

As far as the notion that voting against Obama is racist, it’s my opinion that only racists are making that claim while simultaneously promoting Obama because of his race.

Now that’s RACIST.

Good post Chic.

I didn't find anything ridiculous in your response to that email. Nor did I get the impression that you implied Obama sent it to you.

As far as the notion that voting against Obama is racist, it’s my opinion that only racists are making that claim while simultaneously promoting Obama because of his race.

Now that’s RACIST.

Good post Chic.

gee...i'm so shocked you'd think so.

Even though I'm positive this C&P is a hoax I'm glad that I learned Republicans fear being called racist more than they fear anything else.

:lol:

I'm still waiting for her to tell us how someone gets to be president of harvard law review by affirmative action. (oh right.. they can't)

...and why it's not racist to imply that Obama DID get there that way. (even though it is).

You know, you'd think the right would acknowledge that Obama did everything you're supposed to do to get ahead in his life. That's supposedly the right wing dream.

Instead, they can't stand that he's ahead in the polls so use racist innuendo to try to diminish him.

Really said.

'affirmative action'; 'curious george'; 'monkey''ribs and kool aid'... makes me feel like i'm living in 1950. yet they keep trying to pretend they're not trying to use race as a way to make borderline people uncomfortable.

I'm still waiting for her to tell us how someone gets to be president of harvard law review by affirmative action. (oh right.. they can't)

...and why it's not racist to imply that Obama DID get there that way. (even though it is).

You know, you'd think the right would acknowledge that Obama did everything you're supposed to do to get ahead in his life. That's supposedly the right wing dream.

Instead, they can't stand that he's ahead in the polls so use racist innuendo to try to diminish him.

Really said.

'affirmative action'; 'curious george'; 'monkey''ribs and kool aid'... makes me feel like i'm living in 1950. yet they keep trying to pretend they're not trying to use race as a way to make borderline people uncomfortable.

gee...i'm so shocked you'd think so.

Really said.

Why was he selected as president of the Harvard law review ?

Forum List

Back