STOP THE PRESSES! I have a job interview!!!!

Is this the interview look? Looks too school marmy to me.

As a person who has hired 100's over the years...the best advice I can give is to be confident and personable. There is no reason to be nervous, they are just people like everyone else. If they are a large company and your interview is with an HR person...being personable is HUGE.

So basically, whatever I do here, just do the opposite :)

After all this time I am actually getting my foot in the door of a legitimate business!

WHEW!

Just getting the interview makes me feel like I've gotten the job!
How did you find it? Did you take my advice? Even if you don't get it, it's good to practice interviewing. I hope you get it.

I'm not sure what got me into the interview.... I totally changed up my resume and cover letter... I pretty much only use Indeed for my job searches right now.....

Is this the interview look? Looks too school marmy to me.

As a person who has hired 100's over the years...the best advice I can give is to be confident and personable. There is no reason to be nervous, they are just people like everyone else. If they are a large company and your interview is with an HR person...being personable is HUGE.

So basically, whatever I do here, just do the opposite :)
There you be. Good luck!

From what I have read - you should smile, be friendly, be interested and ask questions. But of course, be professional, not giddy but also not too "harsh/serious"...

Showing a bit of thigh might not hurt as well.
Works great with a female interviewer.

You livin in the 50s

Homophobe?
Lighten up.

I was being facetious. It was meant as a reference to the possibility of a female interviewer.

I thought your response was funny.

From what I have read - you should smile, be friendly, be interested and ask questions. But of course, be professional, not giddy but also not too "harsh/serious"...

Showing a bit of thigh might not hurt as well.
Works great with a female interviewer.

You livin in the 50s

Homophobe?
Lighten up.

I was being facetious. It was meant as a reference to the possibility of a female interviewer.

I thought your response was funny.

I was too, on this board using bigot or homophobe is like "it" or "and" on any other.

It's always a good idea to lead off asking about vacations, how many sick days allowed a year, number and lengths of break times, and if you'd be expected to be on time for work every day.

After all this time I am actually getting my foot in the door of a legitimate business!

WHEW!

Just getting the interview makes me feel like I've gotten the job!

Congrats! :thup: Good luck on your interview!

Not until next Thursday, so gives me time to get my hair, nails etc. done and get a few new outfits :)

Get your hair out of your face and put on some confidence. :)

Okay hair is out of my face. Happy now??? !!!

:dunno: Looks like a cartoon avi to me!

is, in 20 mins...in car getting ready to go in! Wish me luck!!!!!

...sooo the interview was today.......

Who is that in your avatar?

A character in in one of the funniest sit-coms ever - "Trailer Park Boys"...not for everyone, the language is harsh to say the least...and it is one ofthose shows you have to watch several times to get into the characters. It has a near cult following all over the world.

here is a clip of the above character...'Ricky".... WARNING - LANGUAGE.

Forum List

Back