What it's like to live in a deep blue State

IDIOCRACY

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2017
I live in much-more sane Nevada, though I regularly visit my girlfriend in Sacramento, so the comparisons are easy to see. First off, there's nothing to like about California anymore, short God's country, and of course the beach, where you cannot afford to live anyhow.

If I were to move to California, just real estate tax (equal property values) and State income tax alone would eat up 1/4 of my pension. That's in addition to what I already pay. That's before you account for fuel, which costs approx. 20% or more than it does in Nevada. In a nutshell EVERYTHING is more expensive. And what are you getting for that extra expense? Well, chaos and destruction. I consider Californians to be deprived of the most basic things, including freedom, peace, common sense and respectfulness.

Speak of freedom, folks in California are free to do all kinds of things. Expect people to throw garbage, even bags full onto your lawn. That's assuming you have a real lawn, they're steering toward fake grass, which is ironic, because they live in fabricated lives. People are free to rip off your property, that's just a way of life now, no matter where you live in the big cities. Don't leave anything out, because you'll soon loose it. No matter how nice the neighborhood, keep your garage closed. Imagine for a moment someone stealing a grand piano in the middle of the night, downtown Davis. Yep, happened to my girlfriend's dad after an estate sale, I couldn't believe it.

Places you'd never expect to require security have guards, such as for fast food. Bullet proof glass for ice cream shops. Everything other than food under lock and key at Walmart, what a neat place to live.

Doesn't matter if you're in a nice neighborhood, hit and run is common. Insurance is expensive. It's a damn racetrack everywhere you go. There's always someone on the freeway diving up your ass and cutting you off. I've learned to hate new muscle cars. And EV too, folks drive their shit 50 MPH through neighborhoods and bust shit up. You know you're in special place when police helicopters use loud speakers to be on the look out for............

Shit, just the other day some guy walks up to me and says how hot a homeless woman is. I know character, he has rapist, with crazy written all over his 30 some year old face. Go figure, next thing I know I see the guy on youtube as a "person of interest". That's just life in Ca.

Go downtown, and it doesn't matter how nice neighborhood is. My last visit there was someone across the street who spent his entire day pulling his pants up from his ankles. Sure, give him a belt, he'll just spend the day trying to put it on, that's just another day in Ca.

Oh sure, diversity is great isn't it? So great that people can't look you into the eye unless they're serving you. Check out all the fat dudes wearing dresses and sporting whiskers, "progress" is awesome. You want someone that is courteous and caring? Well you're sure not going to get that from a white male liberal, after all, they're special, smarter and better than you, just ask em.

You want services like garage door repair and plumbing? Be prepared for many estimates, because it's California custom to rip you off. Need a new switch for the garage door? Well that means you need an entirely new garage door and opener, just ask them.

One thing for certain, Californians are pampered. So pampered they're becoming vegetables as the Democrack's great dumbing down takes affect.

How's Democrat love of tax and progression working out? Here's a link making this thread "board legal". Tax Burden by State in 2024

Last edited:
I can drive through my town from one end to the other in about 15 mins... But I use to live in Los Angeles and San Diego... and I left after watching my area turn into a crime ridden mess.... I was standing in a best buy looking at security alarms when I decided to just move...

A guy on a pension has a girlfriend in the neighboring state who is young enough to have a dad that is having an estate sale and someone stole a Grand piano out of this guy’s garage in the middle of the night.

Riiiiight.

You can’t make this stuff up. Oh wait...he just did.

Its worth living in a blue state to get away from the silly assed liars.

A guy on a pension has a girlfriend in the neighboring state who is young enough to have a dad that is having an estate sale and someone stole a Grand piano out of this guy’s garage in the middle of the night.

Riiiiight.

You can’t make this stuff up. Oh wait...he just did.

Its worth living in a blue state to get away from the silly assed liars.
So there are no silly assed liars in the big city?.... maybe you are one yourself...

I live in much-more sane Nevada, though I regularly visit my girlfriend in Sacramento, so the comparisons are easy to see. First off, there's nothing to like about California anymore, short God's country, and of course the beach, where you cannot afford to live anyhow.

If I were to move to California, just real estate tax (equal property values) and State income tax alone would eat up 1/4 of my pension. That's in addition to what I already pay. That's before you account for fuel, which costs approx. 20% or more than it does in Nevada. In a nutshell EVERYTHING is more expensive. And what are you getting for that extra expense? Well, chaos and destruction. I consider Californians to be deprived of the most basic things, including freedom, peace, common sense and respectfulness.

Speak of freedom, folks in California are free to do all kinds of things. Expect people to throw garbage, even bags full onto your lawn. That's assuming you have a real lawn, they're steering toward fake grass, which is ironic, because they live in fabricated lives. People are free to rip off your property, that's just a way of life now, no matter where you live in the big cities. Don't leave anything out, because you'll soon loose it. No matter how nice the neighborhood, keep your garage closed. Imagine for a moment someone stealing a grand piano in the middle of the night, downtown Davis. Yep, happened to my girlfriend's dad after an estate sale, I couldn't believe it.

Places you'd never expect to require security have guards, such as for fast food. Bullet proof glass for ice cream shops. Everything other than food under lock and key at Walmart, what a neat place to live.

Doesn't matter if you're in a nice neighborhood, hit and run is common. Insurance is expensive. It's a damn racetrack everywhere you go. There's always someone on the freeway diving up your ass and cutting you off. I've learned to hate new muscle cars. And EV too, folks drive their shit 50 MPH through neighborhoods and bust shit up. You know you're in special place when police helicopters use loud speakers to be on the look out for............

Shit, just the other day some guy walks up to me and says how hot a homeless woman is. I know character, he has rapist, with crazy written all over his 30 some year old face. Go figure, next thing I know I see the guy on youtube as a "person of interest". That's just life in Ca.

Go downtown, and it doesn't matter how nice neighborhood is. My last visit there was someone across the street who spent his entire day pulling his pants up from his ankles. Sure, give him a belt, he'll just spend the day trying to put it on, that's just another day in Ca.

Oh sure, diversity is great isn't it? So great that people can't look you into the eye unless they're serving you. Check out all the fat dudes wearing dresses and sporting whiskers, "progress" is awesome. You want someone that is courteous and caring? Well you're sure not going to get that from a white male liberal, after all, they're special, smarter and better than you, just ask em.

You want services like garage door repair and plumbing? Be prepared for many estimates, because it's California custom to rip you off. Need a new switch for the garage door? Well that means you need an entirely new garage door and opener, just ask them.

One thing for certain, Californians are pampered. So pampered they're becoming vegetables as the Democrack's great dumbing down takes affect.

How's Democrat love of tax and progression working out? Here's a link making this thread "board legal". Tax Burden by State in 2024
Nevada is one of the states I would never live in. Oregon Arizona, and Maryland are others.

My money is on you being (unawares) a white male liberal.

Last week it was reported some mega elite famous people in an exclusive California neighborhood are fuming because...squatters moved into a multi-million dollar home next to them and hold wild drug/sex parties non-stop. :auiqs.jpg:

A thought for you, Don't like Calif don't move there, What's your REAL reason for bashing the state?

Red states have higher crime rates and lower standards of living.

And don't forget: Blue states pay for red states.

Last week it was reported some mega elite famous people in an exclusive California neighborhood are fuming because...squatters moved into a multi-million dollar home next to them and hold wild drug/sex parties non-stop. :auiqs.jpg:

Right.

Rich NIMBY's. Just about the funniest critter in existence.

I can drive through my town from one end to the other in about 15 mins... But I use to live in Los Angeles and San Diego... and I left after watching my area turn into a crime ridden mess.... I was standing in a best buy looking at security alarms when I decided to just move...
I used to live in San Diego......and it was getting harder to find a job to pay my bills.
My utilities kept going up every month and homeless people kept breaking into my house.....so I joined the Army, sold my house and decided to live in TN when I retired.

No, the BLUE shitholes within those red states have large amounts of crime. Get out of those BLUE shithole cities, and the rest of the State is fine.

Why are you dating a chick from the Shitlands? Is there not any good tang in Nevada?

Chinese people are told stories by their masters about how awful the free areas are.

Conservatives are told stories by their masters about how awful the free areas are.
So people aren't leaving California at the highest level in the country?

This is on conservatives is your story?

Some research indicates that taxes, especially property taxes and income taxes, influence people’s moving decisions. Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming are attractive for tax-conscious citizens because they do not levy a personal income tax.

It's a standard authoritarian tacticm, to tell your subjects how awful the other side is. That way, they don't dwell on their own misery.
Like humans are contributing to climate change!!!! hahahaahahaahahahahahahaha you can't stop yourself

Chinese people are told stories by their masters about how awful the free areas are.

Conservatives are told stories by their masters about how awful the free areas are.

It's a standard authoritarian tacticm, to tell your subjects how awful the other side is. That way, they don't dwell on their own misery.
I was driving the semi with the high and canvas covered load,

Drivin' coast to coast on every different kind of road,

You'll never get far with me with those kind of lies,

Cause I've seen every shithole blue city with my own fuckin' eyes.

You might be convincing to those who haven't seen,

But I swear before I'd live there I'd stick my head in a guillotine...

Because...

I've been everywhere, man
I've been everywhere, man
Crossed the desert's bare, man
I've breathed the Ozark air, man
Of travel I've a-had my share, man
I've been everywhere

Last edited:

73% of murders are committed in just 5% of counties...51% of counties have zero murders ... What do these counties have in common?

Cook county IL, 775 murders
Screenshot_20240402-162522-595.png

Forum List

Back