Reported Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I generally ignore or just skip over posts that depend on foul language because they almost always lack substance. The use of foul language is usually used to draw attention away from that fact and of course, it always fails.

`Sides, crude language is not considered an offense here as long as it has content to the OP.

It may not be an "offense" but it is offensive among people of good breeding and education. I would not consider expecting that language be censored here and would complain if it were. Nonetheless, it is indicative of a inability to think or express one's thoughts in a mature and thoughtful manner.

In short, its trashy and stupid. And, we all know what stupid trash is worth - nothing.

That's the choice the poster makes.

Oh fuck off, liar.

Did you already forget that you're posting about Planned Parenthood?

And, please, don't pretend you give a flying fuck about those kids. You've never cared about kids before - except if you can use them to further your own SICK agenda.

Seriously, you're among the sickest sickos on this board.

luddly liar strikes again

I don't think it has happened to me yet here, but on another site there are people who are constantly "If you keep it up, I am going to report you" and "You are reported" because you point out how inane their posts always are. It is really amusing how serious some people take it. They are usually the ones who also get upset that they cannot find out what action, if any, was taken on their reports.

For whatever it is worth, I think letting people track their reports like they do their posts as a function of the site or letting them know what action was or was not taken will just encourage people to barrage the mods with reported posts. When I was a mod somewhere, most every reported post boiled down to someone mad that someone else wasn't agreeing with them and was responding to their posts in a highly critical but fair way.

I've been involved with many forums over the years and have NEVER reported anyone at anytime unless it was a spammer trying to sell something. I honestly don't care what people post. If I disagree with them I simply state why I disagree then move on. It's a frigging online forum for hell's sake. Who really takes it that seriously? (That goes for "neg repping" too. I've never been the first to "neg rep" someone. Too childish!!!).

I'm going to report your for that.....:D Maybe even neg you......:lol::lol:

Who the hell actually reports people? Seriously,what kind of douche bag finds that necessary?
You'd have to be a real limp dick faggot ......

In over four years, of being a member here, I reported one person. I was even reluctant to do that, but felt it necessary.

How do I record report of Avatars that make my pants tight?

[MENTION=22590]AquaAthena[/MENTION]

You don't, you just buy bigger pants, or stretch ones.....:D

I report posts that are clearly personal attacks or contain an offensive amount of profanity.
There are indeed quite a few posting parties that use profanity that of course is always offensive. I believe they know better than that or should. When I was in school I was taught that only uneducated people with low self-esteem use profanity. I agree with that! There is no excuse to use it other than to show one's ignorance and lack of self-respect and respect for others. A person can get their thought across quite well without the use of profanity. Personal attacks also are offensive as again one can use common thoughts to express themselves while having a conversation or discourse with others without sounding like they are a wild, uncontrolled animal on the loose. When I speak I often use great passion to get my thought across and that's one thing, but to start a barrage of cussing and bad language is unwarranted from anyone. There are some folks who do use it and although they may make points worthy of response, if they get into serious attack-mode and start using profanity those posts may be ignored. Thanks for your posting on this matter!

Why, that is quite a load of fecal matter...

You report posts? You mean you report posts from advertisers spamming the board with offers of fake IDs, great kitchens, and cheap cell phones and stuff, right?

Hey...don't dis those kitchens.

I'm still waiting on my dream kitchen!

Mine are coming via Federal Express!!!!

I can't wait!

Also, a Nigerian prince is giving me a shit load of $$$!!!

You report posts? You mean you report posts from advertisers spamming the board with offers of fake IDs, great kitchens, and cheap cell phones and stuff, right?

Hey...don't dis those kitchens.

I'm still waiting on my dream kitchen!

Mine are coming via Federal Express!!!!

I can't wait!

Also, a Nigerian prince is giving me a shit load of $$$!!!

no way. best deal ever dude. all i had to do was give him 50K and he is going to send me a check for 1,087,234.04. still waiting for the check, but he promised me it is on the way, only that mail is slow from nigeria.

ooooooooh, i can't wait till my check comes!!!!!

cite an example starkey. just one.

[MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION]

:eusa_whistle:

Folks can find quite a few at this link

http://www.usmessageboard.com/search.php?searchid=8061116

i clicked the link and all it said was:

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

:lol:

poor fakey, can never back up his claims, not even with a single post

why do you enjoy lying so much?

edit: [MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION] who always lies

Last edited:
Tattoo the url of the post onto your vagina

Addressed to Howie, its difficult to tell whether or not this would be considered FLAMING in the Announcements and Feedback forum where "USMB Lounge rules apply," ......

:eusa_think:

....or practical advise?

:dunno:

[MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION]

It's not in response to a particular post, hard to tell who it's addressed to...I'm inclined to let it go for now ...

Practical advise....umh....

shit

that's is painful advise! :eek:

Oh I'm not naughty!

ok...

well

maybe a little

but you rock in naughtiness! Now behave and show some respect ;)

I only report spam and I think a couple times when family was attacked. Otherwise, I don't report. The mods must love you Howey.

I bet they do. It's kind of like RGS reporting Rdean's posts. They don't realize they are probably ignored due to the pettiness and frequency of reported posts.

I report posts that are clearly personal attacks or contain an offensive amount of profanity.
There are indeed quite a few posting parties that use profanity that of course is always offensive. I believe they know better than that or should. When I was in school I was taught that only uneducated people with low self-esteem use profanity. I agree with that! There is no excuse to use it other than to show one's ignorance and lack of self-respect and respect for others. A person can get their thought across quite well without the use of profanity. Personal attacks also are offensive as again one can use common thoughts to express themselves while having a conversation or discourse with others without sounding like they are a wild, uncontrolled animal on the loose. When I speak I often use great passion to get my thought across and that's one thing, but to start a barrage of cussing and bad language is unwarranted from anyone. There are some folks who do use it and although they may make points worthy of response, if they get into serious attack-mode and start using profanity those posts may be ignored. Thanks for your posting on this matter!

Why, that is quite a load of fecal matter...

And they call me captain obvious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back