Reported Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it has happened to me yet here, but on another site there are people who are constantly "If you keep it up, I am going to report you" and "You are reported" because you point out how inane their posts always are. It is really amusing how serious some people take it. They are usually the ones who also get upset that they cannot find out what action, if any, was taken on their reports.

For whatever it is worth, I think letting people track their reports like they do their posts as a function of the site or letting them know what action was or was not taken will just encourage people to barrage the mods with reported posts. When I was a mod somewhere, most every reported post boiled down to someone mad that someone else wasn't agreeing with them and was responding to their posts in a highly critical but fair way.

I've been involved with many forums over the years and have NEVER reported anyone at anytime unless it was a spammer trying to sell something. I honestly don't care what people post. If I disagree with them I simply state why I disagree then move on. It's a frigging online forum for hell's sake. Who really takes it that seriously? (That goes for "neg repping" too. I've never been the first to "neg rep" someone. Too childish!!!).

I don't think it has happened to me yet here, but on another site there are people who are constantly "If you keep it up, I am going to report you" and "You are reported" because you point out how inane their posts always are. It is really amusing how serious some people take it. They are usually the ones who also get upset that they cannot find out what action, if any, was taken on their reports.

For whatever it is worth, I think letting people track their reports like they do their posts as a function of the site or letting them know what action was or was not taken will just encourage people to barrage the mods with reported posts. When I was a mod somewhere, most every reported post boiled down to someone mad that someone else wasn't agreeing with them and was responding to their posts in a highly critical but fair way.

I've been involved with many forums over the years and have NEVER reported anyone at anytime unless it was a spammer trying to sell something. I honestly don't care what people post. If I disagree with them I simply state why I disagree then move on. It's a frigging online forum for hell's sake. Who really takes it that seriously? (That goes for "neg repping" too. I've never been the first to "neg rep" someone. Too childish!!!).

I have never reported anyone ever but I have neg repped people--the exact same people who did it to me because I posted something in disagreement with them and they neg repped me adding comments like I was a faggot. It seems to always happen with the gun nutters who cannot respond intelligently to a post supporting some gun regulations.

Tattoo the url of the post onto your vagina

Addressed to Howie, its difficult to tell whether or not this would be considered FLAMING in the Announcements and Feedback forum where "USMB Lounge rules apply," ......

:eusa_think:

....or practical advise?

:dunno:

[MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION]

Last edited:
Who the hell actually reports people? Seriously,what kind of douche bag finds that necessary?
You'd have to be a real limp dick faggot ......

In over four years, of being a member here, I reported one person. I was even reluctant to do that, but felt it necessary.

Who the hell actually reports people? Seriously,what kind of douche bag finds that necessary?

In over four years, of being a member here, I reported one person. I was even reluctant to do that, but felt it necessary.

How do I record report of Avatars that make my pants tight?

[MENTION=22590]AquaAthena[/MENTION]

Addressed to Howie, its difficult to tell whether or not this would be considered FLAMING in the Announcements and Feedback forum where "USMB Lounge rules apply," ......

....or practical advise?

Yes. Only recently has it become a violation, since those last words were included. ( bolded by me )

I had a poster respond to me in the clean debate zone once, violating just about every CDz rule that existed. Instead of reporting him, I pm'ed the guy, advised him he could be banned for such and told him he should delete that post and attack me in a flame zone thread I was in.

He did, apologized and viciously attacked me in the flame zone.

No need to take this place so dang seriously.

....or practical advise?

Yes. Only recently has it become a violation, since those last words were included. ( bolded by me )

So?

As a Supreme Poobah Mod/Admin/Goddess, do you think Howie has a vagina?

I had a poster respond to me in the clean debate zone once, violating just about every CDz rule that existed. Instead of reporting him, I pm'ed the guy, advised him he could be banned for such and told him he should delete that post and attack me in a flame zone thread I was in.

Right Pop. Proving once again, we are the answer to our questions and we are the solution to our problems. :thup:

Right Pop. Proving once again, we are the answer to our questions and we are the solution to our problems. :thup:

A Corrolary to the Theory that We are our Own Worst Enemies.

I believe this is a quote from Fonzie, Happy Days, Episode 3, season 5.

I have never reported anyone ever but I have neg repped people--the exact same people who did it to me because I posted something in disagreement with them and they neg repped me adding comments like I was a faggot. It seems to always happen with the gun nutters who cannot respond intelligently to a post supporting some gun regulations.

It happens by people from all sides who have no real sense of personal power.

A Corrolary to the Theory that We are our Own Worst Enemies.

I believe this is a quote from Fonzie, Happy Days, Episode 3, season 5.

Or, best friends.

I have done some retaliation neg repping but I have actually pos repped folks after they neg repped me when I actually had it coming. LOL. Then there have been several occasions where I was neg repped and I just let it go because it was too childish to deal with. For some folks, forums are their ENTIRE life and they take everything very personally and seriously.

It's kinda sad.

Considering that cereal_killer and some mods have told me they want members to report infractions, you're giving a very mixed message here.

Which is it?

Are you agreeing that people who report are "douche bag limp dick fags" "who have no real sense of personal power" or are they responsible members of a community?

What is it that the admin and mods want from the members here?

Considering that cereal_killer and some mods have told me they want members to report infractions, you're giving a very mixed message here.

Which is it?

Are you agreeing that people who report are "douche bag limp dick fags" "who have no real sense of personal power" or are they responsible members of a community?

What is it that the admin and mods want from the members here?

My comment It happens by people from all sides who have no real sense of personal power, is my perception of posters who love to neg, not report posts. Sorry for any confusion.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Cooler heads will typically prevail.

There needs to be a report this post function no doubt. But seriously, we, the membership are completely capable of handling disputes 70 to 80% of the time without bothering the mods.

At least I would hope most on here are mature enough to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back