Moderator warnings and messages

Overt actions, coupled with anonymity suggest a measure of cowardice. See masked Antifa terrorists for example...

In the end --- there's no anonymity. EVERY action by a Mod is recorded for other mods to see. So -- If you know the thread --- ANY mod can explain the deletion. If they can't -- they'll call in the Mod that did it or get an explanation..

Every deletion, move, edit, warning, close, ban are recorded. The only things that aren't are merges, and temporary bans that are not done automatically by the system once they "expire".
Not splitting hairs here but... It's still anonymous in relation to the poster. I don't really think other members of the moderator staffs knowledge of a given action do much to alleviate the anonymity perspective of the poster.

Here's the angle that WORSE than not having the particular Mod Name. And it would clear MOST of this up if it could get fixed. The post deletion alerts don't LINK to the deleted material. Because it's deleted to members. Not to Mods.

All of this would be mute if the poster could SEE the deleted post. Because 90% of them are OBVIOUS illegal posts. Wish THAT part was different.

I also wish the MEMBERS could see the massive amount of deletions tthat are done to clean and control threads. Like with a short summary entry of the post and the owner name without the content. But they can't. So they just think we don't do nutting about nuthing..

does the board still give out infractions ......i miss those
What's the difference between an infraction, a warning (those are signed) and an anonymous alert that a post has been taken down?

Infraction/Warning? Not sure there is. Usually a warning that carries some kind of penalty like a thread ban, temp ban, slowdown, is an "infraction" to me.

The post deletion alerts SHOULD be taken as warnings. But ones that don't get logged/recorded. Usually a post deletion note is a "get away with it" warning that COULD have been made formal by the rules.

We don't have a points system here?

No --- you broke it.. :badgrin:

Overt actions, coupled with anonymity suggest a measure of cowardice. See masked Antifa terrorists for example...

In the end --- there's no anonymity. EVERY action by a Mod is recorded for other mods to see. So -- If you know the thread --- ANY mod can explain the deletion. If they can't -- they'll call in the Mod that did it or get an explanation..

Every deletion, move, edit, warning, close, ban are recorded. The only things that aren't are merges, and temporary bans that are not done automatically by the system once they "expire".
Not splitting hairs here but... It's still anonymous in relation to the poster. I don't really think other members of the moderator staffs knowledge of a given action do much to alleviate the anonymity perspective of the poster.

Here's the angle that WORSE than not having the particular Mod Name. And it would clear MOST of this up if it could get fixed. The post deletion alerts don't LINK to the deleted material. Because it's deleted to members. Not to Mods.

All of this would be mute if the poster could SEE the deleted post. Because 90% of them are OBVIOUS illegal posts. Wish THAT part was different.

I also wish the MEMBERS could see the massive amount of deletions tthat are done to clean and control threads. Like with a short summary entry of the post and the owner name without the content. But they can't. So they just think we don't do nutting about nuthing..

Yes, I would like to know which posts were deleted or edited as well. :) It's too hard to start an argument with you if I don't know which post of mine you deleted. :p

Just kidding. Every formal warning since the beginning of human recorded history is still here.

Where? In your brain? :D

Sort of -- like this.

dream.jpeg

Well? Where are you mods? I tagged one of you. Aren't you supposed to read this section of the forum? What is going on at this place? Things seem a bit disorganized since CK has been gone. You NEED to put your name to your warnings and your moderator messages.

Hello Chris, It wasn't me, but if you can tell me a thread that you think may be involved I would be happy to take a look.

Well, I don't have a problem with the warning. I know I was bad. But IF I wanted to address an issue with the moderator, I have no way of knowing who it was anymore. That is a terrible new feature. I don't know if that can be fixed or not, so I guess there is not much you could do about it anyways. :( Thanks for your response though.

Yes, the new software is nice in some ways, and bad in others. We are talking amongst ourselves to come up with a work around for the cases we think need it.

I swear this used to work. I remember using the mod sock to test it.. Oh well. Special deal for ChrisL. If we delete any of YOUR posts -- we'll sign it with our initials. FCT... .

For me, can you sign my warnings with a special six character alpha-numeric code that I will personally assign to each of you.

Yours will be A56T3J. Thanks for being a sport.

Are you posting between patients, or seeing patients between posting?? xotoxi

Last edited:
temporary bans that are not done automatically by the system once they "expire".

wait a minute.......are you saying the system can ban members without a Mod????? Or did I read that wrong?

A new warning from a Mod can trigger some automatic penalties. Best guidance to avoid AUTO triggered bans is --- don't get more than 2 or 3 warnings a month..

The VERY best is to act like decent, grown human beings. :D:D

Hello Chris, It wasn't me, but if you can tell me a thread that you think may be involved I would be happy to take a look.

Well, I don't have a problem with the warning. I know I was bad. But IF I wanted to address an issue with the moderator, I have no way of knowing who it was anymore. That is a terrible new feature. I don't know if that can be fixed or not, so I guess there is not much you could do about it anyways. :( Thanks for your response though.

Yes, the new software is nice in some ways, and bad in others. We are talking amongst ourselves to come up with a work around for the cases we think need it.

I swear this used to work. I remember using the mod sock to test it.. Oh well. Special deal for ChrisL. If we delete any of YOUR posts -- we'll sign it with our initials. FCT... .

For me, can you sign my warnings with a special six character alpha-numeric code that I will personally assign to each of you.

Yours will be A56T3J. Thanks for being a sport.

Are you posting between patients, or see patients betwen posting?? xotoxi

Posting while seeing patients.

Forum List

Back