Moderator warnings and messages

new she was yella....

They all are, here's the rest of them, they all look anguished, except for westwall in the middle :eusa_whistle:

View attachment 148578
Here they were in the 60's.....

View attachment 148581

Is that a Magic Mushroom on that man's head? :smoke:

View attachment 148584
Yeah, that's Westwall.

That hat was the BEST!. I wonder where it is now....

new she was yella....

They all are, here's the rest of them, they all look anguished, except for westwall in the middle :eusa_whistle:

View attachment 148578

View attachment 148581

View attachment 148584
Yeah, that's Westwall.

You look like a total Ladies Man with FIVE shirt buttons open :smoke:

upload_2017-9-11_18-2-39.png

View attachment 148578

View attachment 148581

View attachment 148584
Yeah, that's Westwall.

You look like a total Ladies Man with FIVE shirt buttons open :smoke:

View attachment 148658

How else am I going to show off my studly chest hair. Chaaa!

I've noticed that I've been notified of posts of mine edited or deleted, and all I get is an anonymous message from "a moderator." No name is given, so if I have a problem or a question there is nobody I can address with my problem. You guys need to fix that shit or at least send your own message along with your notification so that we can know WHICH mod is warning us. That is only fair after all. If I have a question, I want to know who to address.

flacaltenn

No name is given, so if I have a problem or a question there is nobody I can address with my problem.

I've run into the editing aspect of that a couple times. Both times, I PM'd a moderator and asked about it. The moderator whom I PM'd wasn't the one who performed the edit/abridgment; however, they had some way of identifying the moderator who did. IIRC, the moderator whom I PM'd invited the other one to the conversation and the matter got resolved to my satisfaction. To be sure, ChrisL L, the solution approach I pursued is clumsily inefficient, and the one you propose is markedly better.

OT:
Some thoughts/suggestions:
If you want to expose yourself and your posts to the minimum level of scrutiny, post in the Flame Zone, Rubber Room or Badlands. Alternatively, you can take the approach I do, which is to simply not dignify really abusive or inane remarks (and members whom you construe as thus) with a response. The only reason I responded to the linked posts above is because somewhere in my mind the member has earned some modicum of respect. There are plenty who either never earned an or who did and lost it; to them, I have nothing to say. They are, AFAIC, not dead, but rather simply do not any longer not exist and are now by me construed as though they never did.

I don't care what you think or say of me. I don't think of you at all.
-- Coco Chanel​

USMB moderators are quite liberal in their sufferance of spurious, specious, sophistic, controversial, off-topic, and ignoble remarks, and the fact is that insofar as USMB is a privately owned site, they don't have to be. In return for that, however, it's incumbent on members posting here to have something of substance, something that "holds water" and isn't just an empty insult or platitude, to say when posting. After all, if all one can or will do is "fart out" a string of nonsense, what's the point of posting?

I've noticed that I've been notified of posts of mine edited or deleted, and all I get is an anonymous message from "a moderator." No name is given, so if I have a problem or a question there is nobody I can address with my problem. You guys need to fix that shit or at least send your own message along with your notification so that we can know WHICH mod is warning us. That is only fair after all. If I have a question, I want to know who to address.
Send one a PM as per the rules..........

No. I want to send one to the one who sent me a warning. Why shouldn't I know which moderator gave me a warning? That makes no sense whatsoever. So then they have to have a "meeting" so that they can discuss a silly warning that one of them gave me so that they can all be aware of it? They could just send a message with their name attached.
No. I want to send one to the one who sent me a warning.

If you send the PM to any one moderator, odds are you'll find out who sent the warning or deleted/"moderated" your post.

Well? Where are you mods? I tagged one of you. Aren't you supposed to read this section of the forum? What is going on at this place? Things seem a bit disorganized since CK has been gone. You NEED to put your name to your warnings and your moderator messages.

We don't have control over how the system works. The system anonymizes warnings.

If you have any questions about a specific warning, PM any moderator, and we'll discuss it. There's no reason for you to need to talk to the specific moderator who warned you.
If you have any questions about a specific warning, PM any moderator, and we'll discuss it. There's no reason for you to need to talk to the specific moderator who warned you.

That's been my experience when I've wanted to discuss a moderation matter.

flacaltenn

This could go on your permanent record

Oooh.....And what if it did/does? I mean, really. We're talking about an infraction of Internet discussion forum's rules/conventions, not the law or one's HR file. LOL

Just what be the material consequences of being banned from a web forum? One starts one's own or becomes blogger/vlogger?

I suspect the people who do the banning may take such things somewhat seriously. Forum members have little to no reason to do so or be concerned about being banned from an Internet forum, most especially not one having fewer than millions of members and no obviously "significant" members. Is George Will posting here? Is Noam Chomsky? Are other influential thinkers among the membership and known widely to be so?

flacaltenn

Oooh.....And what if it did/does? I mean, really. We're talking about an infraction of Internet discussion forum's rules/conventions, not the law or one's HR file. LOL

Just what be the material consequences of being banned from a web forum? One starts one's own or becomes blogger/vlogger?

I suspect the people who do the banning may take such things somewhat seriously. Forum members have little to no reason to do so or be concerned about being banned from an Internet forum, most especially not one having fewer than millions of members and no obviously "significant" members. Is George Will posting here? Is Noam Chomsky? Are other influential thinkers among the membership and known widely to be so?

I wouldn't mock the power of USMB moderators....

Those infractions go on your permanent record. "No big deal" you say?
You think employers don't check your USMB status? Go before a judge and it is one of the first things he will mention. It will show up on your obituary

Have you ever questioned what happens to those who are banned? You think they just stop posting? They are not banned as much as banished. The Internet Police show up at their door in the middle of the night and nobody hears from them again.
If they are lucky, they are taken to a FEMA death camp where they "get their mind right"
If they manage to get released, they are like Jack Nicholson in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"

flacaltenn

You think employers don't check your USMB status? Go before a judge and it is one of the first things he will mention. It will show up on your obituary

Have you ever questioned what happens to those who are banned? You think they just stop posting? They are not banned as much as banished. The Internet Police show up at their door in the middle of the night and nobody hears from them again.
If they are lucky, they are taken to a FEMA death camp where they "get their mind right"
If they manage to get released, they are like Jack Nicholson in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"
You think employers don't check your USMB status?

tumblr_natpbzJozw1tc258so3_r2_1280.png

I'm absolutely certain none will! I am as certain of that as I am that the Pope is Catholic.

Insofar as there's only one person on the planet who knows me (even my kids don't know that I post here) and is aware that I post here, I know nobody who'll ever matter to me will know what I write here. Insofar as I'm a partially-retired managing partner in my firm, I'm sure no employer of mine is looking because I'm the employer, not the employed. Insofar as the only future "jobs" I might hold are ones I'm invited to and/or choose to take, even if someone did look, it wouldn't matter to me or them. Insofar as I have no intention of working, other than perhaps as a volunteer, once I hit 60, I don't care anyway; thus if someone doesn't want me to volunteer my services on account of what I write here, fine.

Last edited:
Have you ever questioned what happens to those who are banned?

ROTFL!!! You don't truly want a "straight" answer to that question? ROTFL!!!

Seriously, with regard to everything that goes on here at USMB, what part of this quote -- "I don't care what you think or say of me. I don't think of you at all." -- did you not understand?

Last edited:

flacaltenn

I'm absolutely certain none will! I am as certain of that as I am that the Pope is Catholic.

Insofar as there's only one person on the planet who knows me (even my kids don't know that I post here) and is aware that I post here, I know nobody who'll ever matter to me will know what I write here. Insofar as I'm a partially-retired managing partner in my firm, I'm sure no employer of mine is looking because I'm the employer, not the employed. Insofar as the only future "jobs" I might hold are ones I'm invited to and/or choose to take, even if someone did look, it wouldn't matter to me or them. Insofar as I have no intention of working, other than perhaps as a volunteer, once I hit 60, I don't care anyway; thus if someone doesn't want me to volunteer my services on account of what I write here, fine.

You haven't been on this board as long as I have
Some freaky shit going on

You may think it is just innocent banter...but those moderators have ties to the Internet Police. I have seen people just disappear overnight. One day they are posting about Obama being a Muslim, next day....poof

You may think you are anonymous....But they know where you live

Trust me, these moderators can do horrors you can't imagine

flacaltenn

You may think it is just innocent banter...but those moderators have ties to the Internet Police. I have seen people just disappear overnight. One day they are posting about Obama being a Muslim, next day....poof

Okay....Well, you live your life thinking that is so. I'm going to do differently.

I'm certain I won't come close to being here that long. I'd be surprised to find myself posting here by this time next year, hell, lasting until November would be surprising even.

flacaltenn

Okay....Well, you live your life thinking that is so. I'm going to do differently.

I'm certain I won't come close to being here that long. I'd be surprised to find myself posting here by this time next year, hell, lasting until November would be surprising even.

You do realize he is just pulling your leg? :)

flacaltenn

No name is given, so if I have a problem or a question there is nobody I can address with my problem.

I've run into the editing aspect of that a couple times. Both times, I PM'd a moderator and asked about it. The moderator whom I PM'd wasn't the one who performed the edit/abridgment; however, they had some way of identifying the moderator who did. IIRC, the moderator whom I PM'd invited the other one to the conversation and the matter got resolved to my satisfaction. To be sure, ChrisL L, the solution approach I pursued is clumsily inefficient, and the one you propose is markedly better.

OT:
Some thoughts/suggestions:
If you want to expose yourself and your posts to the minimum level of scrutiny, post in the Flame Zone, Rubber Room or Badlands. Alternatively, you can take the approach I do, which is to simply not dignify really abusive or inane remarks (and members whom you construe as thus) with a response. The only reason I responded to the linked posts above is because somewhere in my mind the member has earned some modicum of respect. There are plenty who either never earned an or who did and lost it; to them, I have nothing to say. They are, AFAIC, not dead, but rather simply do not any longer not exist and are now by me construed as though they never did.

I don't care what you think or say of me. I don't think of you at all.
-- Coco Chanel​

USMB moderators are quite liberal in their sufferance of spurious, specious, sophistic, controversial, off-topic, and ignoble remarks, and the fact is that insofar as USMB is a privately owned site, they don't have to be. In return for that, however, it's incumbent on members posting here to have something of substance, something that "holds water" and isn't just an empty insult or platitude, to say when posting. After all, if all one can or will do is "fart out" a string of nonsense, what's the point of posting?

Sure, but sometimes . . . you just have to say (or post) what's on your mind. Some people need to be called out for what they are!

Everyone is different right? Let's use a simple example such as holding the door for someone. Sometimes you hold the door for a person and the person just walks through and doesn't even so much as acknowledge you. It is just rude and ignorant. Now, there are plenty of people who will just let that go and not say or do anything about it. I, OTOH, will say "you're welcome! :rolleyes::rolleyes:" Not all the time, granted, but a lot of times things annoy me, and so I can't help but to say (or type) something about it and perhaps not in a very nice way all the time (depending on my mood - I suppose I can be quite bitchy :D).

flacaltenn

Foolish boy....

You think you can just walk away from USMB?

It is like the mafia, once you are in they own you
We used to have a poster named Michael Corleone who thought like you

flacaltenn

Foolish boy....

Foolish boy....

Even though I've heard it to death, still a KICKASS song! :D

Forum List

Back