Moderator warnings and messages

I've noticed that I've been notified of posts of mine edited or deleted, and all I get is an anonymous message from "a moderator." No name is given, so if I have a problem or a question there is nobody I can address with my problem. You guys need to fix that shit or at least send your own message along with your notification so that we can know WHICH mod is warning us. That is only fair after all. If I have a question, I want to know who to address.
Send one a PM as per the rules..........
That's stupid--bother another mod who has no idea what happened? Couldn't they at least put their initials somewhere so you'd know who to contact? Some of the mods don't notify you anyway. Flacaltenn does
Like an aggressive salesman..

Last edited:
Overt actions, coupled with anonymity suggest a measure of cowardice. See masked Antifa terrorists for example...

Last edited:
I've noticed that I've been notified of posts of mine edited or deleted, and all I get is an anonymous message from "a moderator." No name is given, so if I have a problem or a question there is nobody I can address with my problem. You guys need to fix that shit or at least send your own message along with your notification so that we can know WHICH mod is warning us. That is only fair after all. If I have a question, I want to know who to address.

flacaltenn
Before or after you get banned?

Unlike you, I have YET to be banned from this site. Lol.

Indeed. :rolleyes:

I got banned after winning the 4f. Lubly. It did create some confusion.

You're a girl, though.

flacaltenn

This could go on your permanent record

flacaltenn
Before or after you get banned?

Unlike you, I have YET to be banned from this site. Lol.

I have NEVER been banned from this site (since I was allowed back).

Send one a PM as per the rules..........
That's stupid--bother another mod who has no idea what happened? Couldn't they at least put their initials somewhere so you'd know who to contact? Some of the mods don't notify you anyway. Flacaltenn does
The mods talk to one another....... separately........... whomever receives the message will contact the other mods to find out who did it and why.

Well? Where are you mods? I tagged one of you. Aren't you supposed to read this section of the forum? What is going on at this place? Things seem a bit disorganized since CK has been gone. You NEED to put your name to your warnings and your moderator messages.

Hello Chris, It wasn't me, but if you can tell me a thread that you think may be involved I would be happy to take a look.

Well, I don't have a problem with the warning. I know I was bad. But IF I wanted to address an issue with the moderator, I have no way of knowing who it was anymore. That is a terrible new feature. I don't know if that can be fixed or not, so I guess there is not much you could do about it anyways. :( Thanks for your response though.

Yes, the new software is nice in some ways, and bad in others. We are talking amongst ourselves to come up with a work around for the cases we think need it.

I swear this used to work. I remember using the mod sock to test it.. Oh well. Special deal for ChrisL. If we delete any of YOUR posts -- we'll sign it with our initials. FCT... .

Well? Where are you mods? I tagged one of you. Aren't you supposed to read this section of the forum? What is going on at this place? Things seem a bit disorganized since CK has been gone. You NEED to put your name to your warnings and your moderator messages.

Hello Chris, It wasn't me, but if you can tell me a thread that you think may be involved I would be happy to take a look.

Well, I don't have a problem with the warning. I know I was bad. But IF I wanted to address an issue with the moderator, I have no way of knowing who it was anymore. That is a terrible new feature. I don't know if that can be fixed or not, so I guess there is not much you could do about it anyways. :( Thanks for your response though.

Yes, the new software is nice in some ways, and bad in others. We are talking amongst ourselves to come up with a work around for the cases we think need it.

I swear this used to work. I remember using the mod sock to test it.. Oh well. Special deal for ChrisL. If we delete any of YOUR posts -- we'll sign it with our initials. FCT... .

For me, can you sign my warnings with a special six character alpha-numeric code that I will personally assign to each of you.

Yours will be A56T3J. Thanks for being a sport.

Overt actions, coupled with anonymity suggest a measure of cowardice. See masked Antifa terrorists for example...

In the end --- there's no anonymity. EVERY action by a Mod is recorded for other mods to see. So -- If you know the thread --- ANY mod can explain the deletion. If they can't -- they'll call in the Mod that did it or get an explanation..

Every deletion, move, edit, warning, close, ban are recorded. The only things that aren't are merges, and temporary bans that are not done automatically by the system once they "expire".

Thanks. I would appreciate that. I think that makes it easier for me and for you guys too. :) You know, if I get angry about something, I would be PM'ing ALL of the mods and ripping them a new one. ;) Lol!

Thanks. I would appreciate that. I think that makes it easier for me and for you guys too. :) You know, if I get angry about something, I would be PM'ing ALL of the mods and ripping them a new one. ;) Lol!

Oh I know. Being threatened by you REALLY WORKS !!!! That's why this is gonna get fixed. :biggrin:

Oh I know. Being threatened by you REALLY WORKS !!!! That's why this is gonna get fixed. :biggrin:

I know. I'm very scary. :D Lol!

In the end --- there's no anonymity. EVERY action by a Mod is recorded for other mods to see. So -- If you know the thread --- ANY mod can explain the deletion. If they can't -- they'll call in the Mod that did it or get an explanation..

Every deletion, move, edit, warning, close, ban are recorded. The only things that aren't are merges, and temporary bans that are not done automatically by the system once they "expire".
Not splitting hairs here but... It's still anonymous in relation to the poster. I don't really think other members of the moderator staffs knowledge of a given action do much to alleviate the anonymity perspective of the poster.

does the board still give out infractions ......i miss those
What's the difference between an infraction, a warning (those are signed) and an anonymous alert that a post has been taken down?

Infraction/Warning? Not sure there is. Usually a warning that carries some kind of penalty like a thread ban, temp ban, slowdown, is an "infraction" to me.

The post deletion alerts SHOULD be taken as warnings. But ones that don't get logged/recorded. Usually a post deletion note is a "get away with it" warning that COULD have been made formal by the rules.

What's the difference between an infraction, a warning (those are signed) and an anonymous alert that a post has been taken down?

Infraction/Warning? Not sure there is. Usually a warning that carries some kind of penalty like a thread ban, temp ban, slowdown, is an "infraction" to me.

The post deletion alerts SHOULD be taken as warnings. But ones that don't get logged/recorded. Usually a post deletion note is a "get away with it" warning that COULD have been made formal by the rules.

We don't have a points system here?

Some people just want special treatment........

We used to have an infraction point system but it wasn't always easy to keep up with who had how many infractions.

Forum List

Back