Debate Now What does MAGA mean ? Specifically ?

HikerGuy83

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 2021
I call MAGA a sales pitch. Just like I call Build-Back-Better a sales pitch.

If MAGA means Make American Great Again, it means we were once great.

Can somewhat tell me when that was, what made us "great" and when you'll know we've gotten back to that point ?

I contend that people (because I've been cornering them on this topic) don't know what they mean when they say MAGA.

Nobody I've talked to can give me specifics.

One person I talked to said:

Well, in 1960, we didn't have the illegal problem we have now. So I asked what the problem is now (in terms of numbers). Didn't have it. How about 1960...didn't have it. I decided to forego the easy follow up question and move on.

So I am going to say, I think America is great now. We have A LOT of issues, for sure. But I still love living here and am grateful for my freedoms and liberties.

I see MAGA as a sales pitch and an implication that we've lost something (but nobody can tell me what). And I am not so sure American was any greater then than it is today.

Let me know what you think.

Rule #1: Provide specifics.

Rule #2: If you want to argue generalities, you have to be very clear on what they are and the basis for them.

Rule #3: No commentary on the "other side"

Last edited:
Can somewhat tell me when that was, what made us "great" and when you'll know we've gotten back to that point ?
Back when we weren’t involved in manipulating nearly every other government in the world.

When we didn’t support coups and install puppet regimes.

Back when we made all the important things we depend on for everyday life.

Back when people weren‘t brainwashed by Marxist ideas.

Back when we weren’t involved in manipulating nearly every other government in the world.

When we didn’t support coups and install puppet regimes.

Back when we made all the important things we depend on for everyday life.

Back when people weren‘t brainwashed by Marxist ideas.

O.K.

That was when ? 1650 ?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
America is not great without:

-a truly blind justice system
-equal application of the law
-a secure border
-a truly free and independent press
-making foreign entities fear and respect us

Restore those things and we will be great again. Without them we are
'America the Pretty Good'.

So you can say we had these things when ? And how do you know we had them ? What were your metrics ?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I would say that America peaked in the 1980s.
Bill Clinton started the downward slide.
Barry Obama divided Americans.
Joe Biden is a total tool for the radical left who hate this country.
When the racist and corrupt Democrats take over a state that state is turned into a dystopian nightmare.
The Democrats are greedy corrupt totalitarians who treat the taxpayers like their slaves.

I call MAGA a sales pitch. Just like I call Build-Back-Better a sales pitch.

If MAGA means Make American Great Again, it means we were once great.

I contend that people (because I've been cornering them on this topic) don't know what they mean when they say MAGA.

Nobody I've talked to can give me specifics.

One person I talked to said:

Well, in 1960, we didn't have the illegal problem we have now. So I asked what the problem is now (in terms of numbers). Didn't have it. How about 1960...didn't have it. I decided to forego the easy follow up question and move on.

So I am going to say, I think America is great now. We have A LOT of issues, for sure. But I still love living here and am grateful for my freedoms and liberties.

I see MAGA as a sales pitch and an implication that we've lost something (but nobody can tell me what). And I am not so sure American was any greater then than it is today.

Let me know what you think.

Rule #1: Provide specifics.

Rule #2: If you want to argue generalities, you have to be very clear on what they are and the basis for them.

Rule #3: No commentary on the "other side"
People know when their nation is respected and we are not... not by our friends allies or enemy states.... we know when the streets are safe and when they are not... and they are not safe now.... people can see the shuttered businesses open borders and food lines... we can see the homeless numbers growing and the drug epidemic is out of control....
We had a blissful pause in all of that until the China virus stopped it cold... and we were almost great again... we were respected and feared when appropriate and everyone could see we had turned a corner from Obama's mess...
Now with Obama back in charge everything is back to where we were... not only here but abroad....
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to answer your questions... we just can't understand you not knowing....
MAGA simply means fix what Obama breaks...

I would say that America peaked in the 1980s.
Bill Clinton started the downward slide.
Barry Obama divided Americans.
Joe Biden is a total tool for the radical left who hate this country.
When the racist and corrupt Democrats take over a state that state is turned into a dystopian nightmare.
The Democrats are greedy corrupt totalitarians who treat the taxpayers like their slaves.
Structure Debate Rules violation deleted. White 6

Last edited by a moderator:
People know when their nation is respected and we are not... not by our friends allies or enemy states.... we know when the streets are safe and when they are not... and they are not safe now.... people can see the shuttered businesses open borders and food lines... we can see the homeless numbers growing and the drug epidemic is out of control....
We had a blissful pause in all of that until the China virus stopped it cold... and we were almost great again... we were respected and feared when appropriate and everyone could see we had turned a corner from Obama's mess...
Now with Obama back in charge everything is back to where we were... not only here but abroad....
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to answer your questions... we just can't understand you not knowing....
MAGA simply means fix what Obama breaks...
Obama is not in charge and we are more respected than we were when Trump was n office. We had more shuttered businsses and food lines for months when Trump was president.

I'll probably get lambasted for saying this, but in Latin, the word "maga" means witch or sorceress.

And it is also the highest level in the hierarchy of the church of satan. If you don't believe me, take a look, just scroll halfway down this page:

I find it interesting that it was chosen as a slogan, since people are always chanting it without realizing what they're chanting in another language.

Ok, don't attack the messenger please. I'm not against making America great again, I just find stuff like this interesting. So sue me.

Last edited:
I'll answer the OPS question.

Never. America has never been great. A nation cannot be great when only one small group of people are allowed to do everything while forcing everybody else out. Until we get complete equality for everyone, America will not be great.

Last edited:
Obama is calling the shots and that is why we and the world are back in the place Obama had us all in before....

Obama isn't calling anything but Michelle when he's away on trips.

This is where Trump had us.

He was laughed at by world leaders and you call that respect.

Forum List

Back