It's obama's fault

That wasn't my argument.

Then we're agreed it doesn't matter if they ever used them.

So you would want them simply because you can - not for the 0.005% chance someone might break into your home?
Noomi, why do you carry a spare tire in the trunk of your car?

You hope you will never have to use it.

But it's comforting to know it's there in case you drive over a sharp object and have flat tire; especially, late at night or on a less traveled road.

A gun in the home servers the same purpose.

You pray that you will never need it..........but it's there if you do. :cool:

lol, you are acting like it's his fault that you needed to go buy a gun.

when the idiots are talking LIKE this..
SNIP:
Cuomo Says He’ll Outline Gun Proposal Next Month

By THOMAS KAPLAN

Published: December 20, 2012

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said Thursday that he had started discussions with leaders of the State Legislature about new gun control measures, and that he planned to propose a package of gun legislation in his State of the State address on Jan. 9.

“There’s a big difference of opinion on these issues,” Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat, said in an interview on an Albany radio station.

The New York Assembly, controlled by Democrats, has voted for a number of proposed gun control measures in recent years, only to have the legislation falter in the Senate, which has been controlled by Republicans. (Starting next month, the Senate is to be led by a coalition of Republicans and a breakaway faction of Democrats.)

Mr. Cuomo, speaking on WGDJ-AM, said gun control had not recently been among the most discussed topics in the capital, so he had reached out to lawmakers to gauge where they stood before he made his proposals final.

SNIP:
In the interview, Mr. Cuomo did not offer specifics about the measures he might propose, but, while discussing assault weapons, he said: “Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”

All of it here
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/21/n...ll-outline-gun-measures-next-month.html?_r=2&

Last edited:
Yeah Obama put a gun to your head and made you continue buying more guns and gun paraphernalia. It's not your small dick or paranoid view of the world or your racism or homophobia. No it's some guy who doesn't know you exist, couldn't less if he did know you existed and would probably detest you if he knew of you. bigrebnc1775 is the worst poster on USMB.

could you explain why buying a firearm is racist or homophobic?

BTW were you peeking at reb when he was in the men's room?

Yeah Obama put a gun to your head and made you continue buying more guns and gun paraphernalia. It's not your small dick or paranoid view of the world or your racism or homophobia. No it's some guy who doesn't know you exist, couldn't less if he did know you existed and would probably detest you if he knew of you. bigrebnc1775 is the worst poster on USMB.

could you explain why buying a firearm is racist or homophobic?

BTW were you peeking at reb when he was in the men's room?

:badgrin:

SNIP:

By THOMAS KAPLAN

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said Thursday that he had started discussions with leaders of the State Legislature about new gun control measures, and that he planned to propose a package of gun legislation in his State of the State address on Jan. 9.

“There’s a big difference of opinion on these issues,” Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat, said in an interview on an Albany radio station.

The New York Assembly, controlled by Democrats, has voted for a number of proposed gun control measures in recent years, only to have the legislation falter in the Senate, which has been controlled by Republicans. (Starting next month, the Senate is to be led by a coalition of Republicans and a breakaway faction of Democrats.)

Mr. Cuomo, speaking on WGDJ-AM, said gun control had not recently been among the most discussed topics in the capital, so he had reached out to lawmakers to gauge where they stood before he made his proposals final.

SNIP:
In the interview, Mr. Cuomo did not offer specifics about the measures he might propose, but, while discussing assault weapons, he said: “Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”

All of it here
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/21/n...ll-outline-gun-measures-next-month.html?_r=2&

Confiscation? Now that is extreme.

SNIP:

By THOMAS KAPLAN

SNIP:

All of it here

also

mandatory sale to the state.

Who sets the price?

the state would need to pay top dollar for the entire package ( gun,ammo, mags) and it would need to be a voluntary buy-back.

I would object to my tax dollars being spent for this. Maybe the penis control lobby should pony up the funds since they are so self-righteous about the issue.

SNIP:

By THOMAS KAPLAN

SNIP:

All of it here

also

mandatory sale to the state.

Who sets the price?

the state would need to pay top dollar for the entire package ( gun,ammo, mags) and it would need to be a voluntary buy-back.

I would object to my tax dollars being spent for this. Maybe the penis control lobby should pony up the funds since they are so self-righteous about the issue.

My firearms are not for sale.

Oh, and after this last weekend where some piece of shit at Potomac Mills Mall tried to strangle me in my car (I had my window open...I like fresh air), I am seriously considering starting the process of getting a conceal carry license. It happended last Saturday, and yesterday was the last day that the bruises on my neck were visible.

The asshole sprinted up to my driver's side door, grabbed my knitted neck warmer and pulled hard telling me he was "going to kill me, bitch". I punched it, dragged the fucker a bit while he still had a hold of my neck warmer, but finally let go....hopefully after some serious road rash... and found a cop. Told her about it, but the chances of her finding him were slim to none. She took pics of my neck, though, which looked pretty nasty. I was pretty shook up, just like I was when my townhome was broken into.

"Click - Bang" should be the last thing an asshole like that hears. He will eventually kill someone doing that.
I felt pretty helpless, and my probably punching it (the accelerator) likely made the neck injury worse, but I believed him when he said he was going to kill me. But I do recall thinking this is a perfect situation for a gun. My neck would have been in much better shape. I'm lucky he didn't break it.

It shook me up.........a lot.

Yikes! Glad you're okay..what, did you steal his parking space or something? lol jeesh

Me?

I got my official Red Ryder 100 shot carbine action with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time

Bad guys know better than to mess with me. I haven't been robbed yet

Me?

I got my official Red Ryder 100 shot carbine action with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time

Bad guys know better than to mess with me. I haven't been robbed yet

You'll shoot yer eye out, kid. ;)

I have two questions for those who claim they own a gun to protect their homes:

1. How long have you owned guns for the purpose of home protection?
2. When was the last time you had to use your gun to defend your homes?

I would bet my life that the vast majority of Americans who own guns to protect their homes have never had to use them, and never will.
How long have you purchased car insurance?
When was the last time you had to use your car insurance?

I would think that you would be ecstatic with the notion that a person who owns guns; never having to use them.

If they never use their guns, what harm have they done to you?

I can tell you right now that Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than any of My guns.

I would bet my life that the vast majority of Americans who own guns to protect their homes have never had to use them, and never will.

I have owned a gun for several years ever since I was carjacked and someone, no one knows exactly who, but it would have had to be someone on the defense team, gave my personal information to the gang my carjacker belonged to.

I have had to use my gun to defend my home on two occasions and to defend my business once. Each time it was not necessary to use the gun at all. Once the men intending to break in realized that I was armed and intending to use it, they left. After the last time, they didn't return.

Reliability, compactness and capacity, a combination that hard to beat. I carry a 40 cal. but at home I have a pump 12 ga. with a 357 mag. back up and the .40 to back up the back up.

We have the same arsenal :cool:

Mosberg & Taurus

Last edited:
imagine the horror of being detested by scum like Obama lol

Aw, a macho gun nut thread. Why anyone would want a .223 rifle instead of a good shotgun with 00 buckshot for home defense is beyond me.
Doesn%27t-fill-me-with-conf-916.jpg

SIGN_WARNING_TRESPASSERS_WILL_BE_SHOT.jpg

I would bet my life that the vast majority of Americans who own guns to protect their homes have never had to use them, and never will.[/QUO

BFD the vast majority of cops have never pulled their gun out ether whats your point?

20 or 24 ga pump with 5 shot cap and #2 shot.

Naw. 4 shots is enough: 3 Double OO's and a rifled slug for use if he tries to run away.

That's what mine is loaded with.

So you, Mister libtard and guy who wants to speed in a fast car to show what a big man you are, would shoot a guy in the back?

Figures... That's why libtards shouldn't be armed.

Forum List

Back