Why gun control is not going to work

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
This is a long blog, but it covers every single argument against guns that exist. Anyone that seriously wants to learn about the issue needs to read it. As a bonus, the guy that wrote it can actually write, is an expert on guns and self defense, and has the numbers to back up his arguments. I am actually hoping there are a few people on the forums here that are in the first group of people mentioned at the blog that this will reach.

I didn’t want to post about this, because frankly, it is exhausting. I’ve been having this exact same argument for my entire adult life. It is not an exaggeration when I say that I know pretty much exactly every single thing an anti-gun person can say. I’ve heard it over and over, the same old tired stuff, trotted out every single time there is a tragedy on the news that can be milked. Yet, I got sucked in, and I’ve spent the last few days arguing with people who either mean well but are uninformed about gun laws and how guns actually work (who I don’t mind at all), or the willfully ignorant (who I do mind), or the obnoxiously stupid who are completely incapable of any critical thinking deeper than a Facebook meme (them, I can’t stand).
Today’s blog post is going to be aimed at the first group. I am going to try to go through everything I’ve heard over the last few days, and try to break it down from my perspective. My goal tonight is to write something that my regular readers will be able to share with their friends who may not be as familiar with how mass shootings or gun control laws work.

An opinion on gun control « Monster Hunter Nation

Why gun control is not going to work... Because anyone with any sense who currently owns an AR-15, or AK-47 who hasn't broken any Laws will merely explain to the authorities hell bent on taking their Freedoms away the old story about how their guns were lost fording a stream in their friends canoe... Never to be found again. But Officer... Your welcome to put on a scuba suit and search the bottom of said stream... I'm certain my lost guns will one day turn up. People are fucking nuts if they think the population will simply hand over their Constitutionally protected personal property simply to satisfy the whims of tyrannical LOONS with agendas... Not going to happen.

Forum List

Back