It's obama's fault

I chose the AR15 because it shoots both the .223 civilian and 5.56 Nato rounds.

In a SHTF scenario or a zombie apocalypse; military calibers of ammunition will be the most plentiful.

And people who base their home defense arsenal on less popular or arcane calibers will be hard pressed to resupply their stockpile if it becomes depleted.

Which is also the same reason I recommend the 9mm as your end time personal hand gun.

In a SHTF scenario or a zombie apocalypse; military calibers of ammunition will be the most plentiful.

And people who base their home defense arsenal on less popular or arcane calibers will be hard pressed to resupply their stockpile if it becomes depleted.

Which is also the same reason I recommend the 9mm as your end time personal hand gun.

Personally, if the zombie apocalypse comes I have this big stick with a nail in it

Personally, if the zombie apocalypse comes I have this big stick with a nail in it
If any crisis happens, you should hope those who do have an intent to protect themselves and others don't know that you are a prick.

You'd be my first candidate to vote off the island as you want everyone else to do for you.

If any crisis happens, you should hope those who do have an intent to protect themselves and others don't know that you are a prick.

You'd be my first candidate to vote off the island as you want everyone else to do for you.

Being a first class badass, those zombie killer fuckers know better than to fuck with me.
Come zombie apocalypse not only do I have my big stick with a nail in it, but I am fully stocked with cases of cheap beer. Gun nuts will come begging to me

And no beer for you Si modo

Being a first class badass, those zombie killer fuckers know better than to fuck with me.
Come zombie apocalypse not only do I have my big stick with a nail in it, but I am fully stocked with cases of cheap beer. Gun nuts will come begging to me

I don't drink, user.

We will just take it at gunpoint since your place is "gun free".
(Except for the ones we bring to rob you) :dunno:

We will just take it at gunpoint since your place is "gun free".
(Except for the ones we bring to rob you) :dunno:

Just try, you big pussy

Did I mention my big stick with a nail in it?

Run away......run away!

I don't drink, user.

Did I mention the Twinkies?

I have two questions for those who claim they own a gun to protect their homes:

1. How long have you owned guns for the purpose of home protection?
2. When was the last time you had to use your gun to defend your homes?

I would bet my life that the vast majority of Americans who own guns to protect their homes have never had to use them, and never will.

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it, no?

A very good reason to stockpile a couple thousand rounds, IMHO...

20 or 24 ga pump with 5 shot cap and #2 shot.

I prefer a shotgun myself, but the AR-15 has a lot less recoil.

An AR-15 is great when you want to knock down a small target but if you want to put down and keep down a 230lb home-invader it sometimes works and sometimes not. A 5.562 round tends to rip into the body and bounce off of bones ricocheting allover the place.

In Somalia many times the Rangers that used a M16 that used the same type of 5.562 round couldn't knock down attacking Somali attackers effectively. Many times they had to shoot them repeatedly to get them down. A 12 gage 00B round slams into the perp and knocks them off of their feet so he can't keep coming after you. It has less range but inside your home how many times do you have to shoot over 30ft?

Last edited:

I would bet my life that the vast majority of Americans who own guns to protect their homes have never had to use them, and never will.

I would bet my life that YOUR opinion is moot since you are not an American

That's a nice thought. Nobody wants to have to. If it gets to the point when everyone has to then I think the country is going to shit.

But I have been robbed by a gun-welding perp twice.

Does that count?

Last edited:

Black powder is even better.

Like most Americans guns have been in my family for decades, I grew up with them, learned to shoot at a young age; my first gun was a .410 bolt action I kept in my room when I was 9 (yes, a very long time ago…).

Thus owning guns for the purpose of ‘home protection’ is rather low on my list of reasons as to why I own guns – I enjoy the shooting sports, collecting guns, and enjoy the history and technology of firearms.

I would say I am rather typical of most Americans.

You’d win that bet – I own homeowner’s insurance I hope I’ll never use as well.

Forum List

Back