Supreme Court allows Idaho to enforce its ban on gender-affirming care for transgender youth

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I really don't understand how this is such a controversial topic. We don't let minors buy cigarettes. We don't let them consume alcohol. When I was in school we weren't even allowed to take an Aspirin without going to the nurse's office. There are reasons for this. Human bodies of that age are still developing and foreign substances can throw stuff out of whack. The idea that you can give someone synthetic hormones to mimic the opposite gender and it's somehow perfectly safe is absurd. Even in Europe, many of those countries, which tend to be far more progressive than us, have put a stop to this because research cannot conclusive say there aren't long term affects to these hormones and medications. Studies have also shown that most kids who feel "trans" end up growing out of it.

When they're kids take them to therapy and whatever other non-pharmaceutical solutions they may need. Once they turn 18, if they're still "confused" then have at it.

I really don't understand how this is such a controversial topic. We don't let minors buy cigarettes. We don't let them consume alcohol. When I was in school we weren't even allowed to take an Aspirin without going to the nurse's office. There are reasons for this. Human bodies of that age are still developing and foreign substances can throw stuff out of whack. The idea that you can give someone synthetic hormones to mimic the opposite gender and it's somehow perfectly safe is absurd. Even in Europe, many of those countries, which tend to be far more progressive than us, have put a stop to this because research cannot conclusive say there aren't long term affects to these hormones and medications. Studies have also shown that most kids who feel "trans" end up growing out of it.

When they're kids take them to therapy and whatever other non-pharmaceutical solutions they may need. Once they turn 18, if they're still "confused" then have at it.

On this, at least, we agree.

1713226503901.jpeg

Poor analogies. There are exceptions to those laws, when the minor is in the care of their parents. Parents can make these decisions with their doctors and their children.

Let's talk about the phrase "gender affirming care"? What does it really mean? Lefties are skilled at creating benign phrases and including the word "care" that masks castration, suicide and manslaughter. Psychologists have already told America that most kids grow out of gender confusion but lefties have political capital invested in grooming young boys to a degenerate lifestyle.

Don't understand?
98% of the transfreaks vote dem.
Every transfreak created is a lifelong dem voter.

trans wac - Copy.jpg

Children are not making the gender affirming decision on their own.
They are doing it in consultation with parents and medical professionals.
Puberty blockers are given to prevent irreversible sexual maturation to take place.

Once it has, transexual gender change results in the “freaks” that conservatives love to mock

Let's talk about the phrase "gender affirming care"? What does it really mean? Lefties are skilled at creating benign phrases and including the word "care" that masks castration, suicide and manslaughter. Psychologists have already told America that most kids grow out of gender confusion but lefties have political capital invested in grooming young boys to a degenerate lifestyle.
"Gender Affirming Care" is such an Orwellian construct.

How can something be "affirmed" when it is simply a feeling inside of the mind of a child who has been conditioned by adults to see themselves that way?

If some kid thinks they are a goose, is tossing them off a rooftop "species affirming care"?

"Gender Affirming Care" is such an Orwellian construct.

How can something be "affirmed" when it is simply a feeling inside of the mind of a child who has been conditioned by adults to see themselves that way?

If some kid thinks they are a goose, is tossing them off a rooftop "species affirming care"?

Sex and Sexuality are different constructs

he disagreed with you,, like I did,,

the whole point is children arent old enough to even know whats happening let alone be for or against it,,

Very true
That is why parents and subject matter experts are brought in to make the decision
Treatment generally begins at puberty not in Kindergarten

You hate what I said, EvilEyeFleegle, but you can't deny the truth of it.
Well yeah I can..and I do.
The freedom to choose is the freedom to choose poorly.

People do not hate children because they are Democrats...that's profoundly stupid.

As is giving hormones to minors absent clear medical need.

You take a few whackadoo Progs...and you extrapolate that their views represent half of America. Well, they don't..and further more..neither do yours!

What about young girls? You seem to not care as much for them?
Why is that?

Which is why they don’t jump in to gender affirming care right away
A child must assume the desired sex first by choosing a name and dressing and acting in the new sex. Their progress is evaluated by professionals and the next step is puberty blockers while they continue to evaluate.

A girl under 18 can't consent to having her ears pierced, she needs parental permission.

And yet, she can have an abortion and a sex change operation.
I dunno about that...Seems all you need is a permission slip if you're under 16.

Forum List

Back