I think our nation is in a death spiral

Anyone remember the scene in Gettysburg where Armistead tells of seeing a long line of soldiers waving left and right behind a tree to avoid bullets?
That's what the left wing nuts remind me of.
I've seen a lot of them proclaiming America great for a bit now... they stole those words from the right. The left was (is). The party of please forgive us, America SUCKS!
That's why it's hard to get them to commit to an answer to questions. They just never know when they may have to 180

Every year I read about the end is near, how America is on her deathbed, and how we the American citizen are all at fault and blind to this reality, and yet next year another thread will be created telling everyone once again how all this is coming true...

America is far from perfect but compare to the rest of the World, well it is heaven!

And I think both extremes bare the blame.

The left pushed the social bullshit and the right pushed back. Problem is the left, imo, has taken it so far that the wacko right feels emboldened.
For instance I see a lot of "woe is me, I'm white" threads now that I never would have imagined before the Obama presidency. Everyone feels sorry for themselves and quite honestly it's an embarrassment to our way of life. We have it so good in this country yet if you listen to the media it appears we're on the verge of civil war. Mod edit: do not call out other members of the board

As you all know, I've led a pretty shitty life, yet I enjoy every minute of it now. Life is what you make of it and like me up until a while ago, you're letting everyone else control what you get out of it. Good or bad, you're letting others dictate how you feel about it and how you live.

The level of hate on this board, and I admit to being a part of it, is terminal. It eats away at your very soul and warps your thinking.

Take a step back, perhaps have a drink & decompress from the bullshit.

Uh, shut the fuck up. You don't get to spew hate all throughout the campaign and gloat afterwards, and then say that NOW we should all "take a step back." You contributed to the current climate. 100% of the blame rests on the authoritarian right, their smear tactics, their bullshit and their fake news in this country -- period.
Yeah, right ok, sure.

The left pushed the social bullshit and the right pushed back. Problem is the left, imo, has taken it so far that the wacko right feels emboldened.
For instance I see a lot of "woe is me, I'm white" threads now that I never would have imagined before the Obama presidency. Everyone feels sorry for themselves and quite honestly it's an embarrassment to our way of life. We have it so good in this country yet if you listen to the media it appears we're on the verge of civil war. Mod edit: do not call out other members of the board

As you all know, I've led a pretty shitty life, yet I enjoy every minute of it now. Life is what you make of it and like me up until a while ago, you're letting everyone else control what you get out of it. Good or bad, you're letting others dictate how you feel about it and how you live.

The level of hate on this board, and I admit to being a part of it, is terminal. It eats away at your very soul and warps your thinking.

the level of hysteria in your post can easily eat away at your very soul and warp your thinking as well

the US is not in a death spiral any more so than the rest of the planet

the US currently has a problem with it's reactionary component - those who wish to socially regress

meanwhile the progressive component - those who want to make progress improving our social construct - are multiplying daily as people slowly wake-up

one man's death spiral is another man's ray of hope

Every year I read about the end is near, how America is on her deathbed, and how we the American citizen are all at fault and blind to this reality, and yet next year another thread will be created telling everyone once again how all this is coming true...

America is far from perfect but compare to the rest of the World, well it is heaven!
I didn't say it was near. Much like Rome, I predict a long drug out collapse. Rome was so obsessed with internal shit that they got to the point they could no longer control their borders and the implosion became inevitable.

I'm no looney Christian or tinfoil hat wearing conspirator but the signs are all there and I don't see any effort to reverse it.

the level of hysteria in your post can easily eat away at your very soul and warp your thinking as well

the US currently has a problem with it's reactionary component - those who wish to socially regress

meanwhile the progressive component - those who want to make progress improving our social construct - are multiplying daily as people slowly wake-up

:cuckoo:

I didn't say it was near. Much like Rome, I predict a long drug out collapse. Rome was so obsessed with internal shit that they got to the point they could no longer control their borders and the implosion became inevitable.

I'm no looney Christian or tinfoil hat wearing conspirator but the signs are all there and I don't see any effort to reverse it.

In our case, I don't think it will be debauchery and excess that leads to our crisis, it will be people worrying to much about what other people do with their lives, and trying to control it.
We are now at the point of legislating one form of butthurt being more important than another form of butt hurt.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Obama and liberals tried to push America far left, and it only rubber-banded to the right. :)

If Obama pushed America far left, we'd be doing much better off. Money would be out of politics, the rich would be paying a lot more in taxes, universal healthcare and kids wouldn't have to worry about student loans. Obama didn't push America to the left at all. . He was a center left president at best.

Uh, shut the fuck up. You don't get to spew hate all throughout the campaign and gloat afterwards, and then say that NOW we should all "take a step back." You contributed to the current climate. 100% of the blame rests on the authoritarian right, their smear tactics, their bullshit and their fake news in this country -- period.
I didn't really spew hate during the campaign. I didn't like either candidate. As for gloating? That's complete nonsense. I did mock all the crying nonsense the left displayed but that hardly qualifies as gloating.

Shut up and take yer medicine, grampa. The left is trying to fix us all.
This country has been through worse than this and will again. We're survivors
There's your problem. The left is trying to fix people who don't want to be fixed according to the left's idea of being fixed. It's neurotic to want to continually fix other people so they do what you want and think the way you want.

:cuckoo:

do you sleep with the lights on?

I didn't really spew hate during the campaign. I didn't like either candidate. As for gloating? That's complete nonsense. I did mock all the crying nonsense the left displayed but that hardly qualifies as gloating.

You repeatedly made it perfectly clear that while you would never vote for Hillary, you absolutely were against Trump.

You repeatedly made it perfectly clear that while you would never vote for Hillary, you absolutely were against Trump.
My opinion was unmissable. The only explanation for a regular to pretend otherwise is that they're dishonest.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Obama and liberals tried to push America far left, and it only rubber-banded to the right. :)

If Obama pushed America far left, we'd be doing much better off. Money would be out of politics, the rich would be paying a lot more in taxes, universal healthcare and kids wouldn't have to worry about student loans. Obama didn't push America to the left at all. . He was a center left president at best.
Americans reject no care universal care. Is that why you want to replace us with foreigners who don't value liberty?

Again -- shut the fuck up. Here's a sampling of some of the threads you've started here:

How big a threat to our nation is liberalism?
Can we recover from the damage the left & the anarchists are doing to our country?
When will the democrats & liberals unite with the right to stop the regressive left?
The perfect liberal utopia
Too much Saber rattling & Too much hate from the left
Democrats oppose Trump because they're racist
Want to see what a generation of liberal ideology is doing to our social fabric?
Tired of hearing liberals whine and cry about Muslims.
BUILD THE WALL. I don't give a damn who pays for it. Me, you or the man on the moon. Build it.
The left got steamrolled by their own narcissistic egos
How long till the delusions of grandeur wear off of the wackadoodle left?
The liberal meltdown on live TV every night on every channel is ALMOST worth 8 years of Obama
Useless liberals
Liberal cowardice
A new day has begun in America!

And lets not forget your signature:

"Liberalism IS A MENTAL DISORDER from which there is no known medical cure."

Again -- shut the fuck up. Here's a sampling of some of the threads you've started here:

How big a threat to our nation is liberalism?
Can we recover from the damage the left & the anarchists are doing to our country?
When will the democrats & liberals unite with the right to stop the regressive left?
The perfect liberal utopia
Too much Saber rattling & Too much hate from the left
Democrats oppose Trump because they're racist
Want to see what a generation of liberal ideology is doing to our social fabric?
Tired of hearing liberals whine and cry about Muslims.
BUILD THE WALL. I don't give a damn who pays for it. Me, you or the man on the moon. Build it.
The left got steamrolled by their own narcissistic egos
How long till the delusions of grandeur wear off of the wackadoodle left?
The liberal meltdown on live TV every night on every channel is ALMOST worth 8 years of Obama
Useless liberals
Liberal cowardice
A new day has begun in America!

And lets not forget your signature:

"Liberalism IS A MENTAL DISORDER from which there is no known medical cure."
All of that had nothing to do with Hillary or the campaign but I see I triggered you good. What kind of loser digs & digs in the archives to win a point on the fucking internet?
Wear that big L on your forehead with pride, idiot.

Here's a hilarious gem...

I hope we see the fruits of electing a non politician into the highest office in the world.

Hahahahaha.....you fucking dupe. See my signature for details.
I have signatures turned off on my phone, if you have something to say spit it out. But honestly you should probably take some blood pressure medication instead. The level of angst & butthurt you're displaying can't be good for your health.

Forum List

Back