I think our nation is in a death spiral

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
And I think both extremes bare the blame.

The left pushed the social bullshit and the right pushed back. Problem is the left, imo, has taken it so far that the wacko right feels emboldened.
For instance I see a lot of "woe is me, I'm white" threads now that I never would have imagined before the Obama presidency. Everyone feels sorry for themselves and quite honestly it's an embarrassment to our way of life. We have it so good in this country yet if you listen to the media it appears we're on the verge of civil war. Mod edit: do not call out other members of the board

As you all know, I've led a pretty shitty life, yet I enjoy every minute of it now. Life is what you make of it and like me up until a while ago, you're letting everyone else control what you get out of it. Good or bad, you're letting others dictate how you feel about it and how you live.

The level of hate on this board, and I admit to being a part of it, is terminal. It eats away at your very soul and warps your thinking.

Take a step back, perhaps have a drink & decompress from the bullshit.

Things are fine.

Times have been much worse.

During Viet Nam when LBJ was self destructing it was worse.

And the two choices to replace him were both bad -- Humphreys and Nixon.

Then Nixon was a total disaster. Trump can't be as bad as Nixon.

Trump will probably just turn out to be as inept as Carter.

However at least the SCOTUS will be rebuilt and last for the next 20 years.

That is why Hillary was so dangerous -- she would have put 3 or 4 more Kagans, Sotomayors, and Ginsbergs on the Court.

That would have destroyed the Nation.

So everything is relatively fine.

We dodged a really big bullet in Hillary, but even an inept Trump is better than an out of control Hillary.

• Banned
Things are fine.

Times have been much worse.

During Viet Nam when LBJ was self destructing it was worse.

And the two choices to replace him were both bad -- Humphreys and Nixon.

Then Nixon was a total disaster. Trump can't be as bad as Nixon.

Trump will probably just turn out to be as inept as Carter.

However at least the SCOTUS will be rebuilt and last for the next 20 years.

That is why Hillary was so dangerous -- she would have put 3 or 4 more Kagans, Sotomayors, and Ginsbergs on the Court.

That would have destroyed the Nation.

So everything is relatively fine.

We dodged a really big bullet in Hillary, but even an inept Trump is better than an out of control Hillary.
I agree with your post but my thoughts were about the people that make up our nation not the politicians.

Legalize it

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The left pushed the social bullshit and the right pushed back. Problem is the left, imo, has taken it so far that the wacko right feels emboldened.
For instance I see a lot of "woe is me, I'm white" threads now that I never would have imagined before the Obama presidency. Everyone feels sorry for themselves and quite honestly it's an embarrassment to our way of life. We have it so good in this country yet if you listen to the media it appears we're on the verge of civil war. Mod edit: do not call out other members of the board

As you all know, I've led a pretty shitty life, yet I enjoy every minute of it now. Life is what you make of it and like me up until a while ago, you're letting everyone else control what you get out of it. Good or bad, you're letting others dictate how you feel about it and how you live.

The level of hate on this board, and I admit to being a part of it, is terminal. It eats away at your very soul and warps your thinking.

thats really true, I find myself drinking and walking backwards a lot.

Uh, shut the fuck up. You don't get to spew hate all throughout the campaign and gloat afterwards, and then say that NOW we should all "take a step back." You contributed to the current climate. 100% of the blame rests on the authoritarian right, their smear tactics, their bullshit and their fake news in this country -- period.

We now live in a society where Peter Griffin (the protagonist on The Family Guy) is more truthful than the President of the United States.

It has nothing to do with the Democrats. The GOP elected a small fraction of a man and he has no earthly idea what he is doing. Most newcomers do not (there is nothing that prepares you for the job). The difference is that Trump is an incurious piece of shit who thinks he's doing great.

Uh, shut the fuck up. You don't get to spew hate all throughout the campaign and gloat afterwards, and then say that NOW we should all "take a step back." You contributed to the current climate. 100% of the blame rests on the authoritarian right, their smear tactics, their bullshit and their fake news in this country -- period.

Well, looks like the OP doesn't have to bother searching outside of this thread for an example of what he's talking about.

Great OP. You found a way to condemn the right wing nut bags by absolving them of responsibility for their actions. Awesome job. If only the left didn't push so hard for equality and justice, the nutbag right wouldn't have become so "emboldened".

You rock, convict.

Hyper-partisan nonsense.

We now live in a society where Peter Griffin (the protagonist on The Family Guy) is more truthful than the President of the United States.

It has nothing to do with the Democrats. The GOP elected a small fraction of a man and he has no earthly idea what he is doing. Most newcomers do not (there is nothing that prepares you for the job). The difference is that Trump is an incurious piece of shit who thinks he's doing great.

Hyper-partisan nonsense.

I didn't really spew hate during the campaign. I didn't like either candidate. As for gloating? That's complete nonsense. I did mock all the crying nonsense the left displayed but that hardly qualifies as gloating.

He gets to spew hate all he wants
Freedom of speech, baby!
Nana booboo

I didn't really spew hate during the campaign. I didn't like either candidate. As for gloating? That's complete nonsense. I did mock all the crying nonsense the left displayed but that hardly qualifies as gloating.

Shut up and take yer medicine, grampa. The left is trying to fix us all.
This country has been through worse than this and will again. We're survivors

you are really going with "all on them, none on us"? this coming from a side who doesn't even believe the opposition has the right to express themselves without being shut down, blocked, or pepper sprayed?

The left's current use of "anyone to the right of an including Mitt Romney is a Nazi" is the prime contributor to the current situation. Your side coddles your fascists extremists to the point of excusing anything they do "for the cause"

New Topics

Forum List

Back