Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Poached

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Coddled

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
Love me some Quiche....
Quiche

Doesn't Quiche usually have other ingredients included in it?

Yeah but they're still eggs.

True, but that's why I didn't include Quiche, Omelets or even Benedict which I love.....cause they include other stuff.

I'll agree ( :eek: ) on quiche since it's also pastry. But an omelette is just eggs with accessories -- or without, could be a plain omelette. Could be as simple as cheese.

I luvs my omelettes.

I like them soufleed/baked. I think some people call them Dutch eggs. You beat the whites separate and fold them into the beaten yolks, start them in the frypan just to set the bottom and then put it in the oven to finish cooking. Light fluffy and flavorful.
Otherwise I like them over easy, but for sure the whites need to be cooked.

I don't think I've ever heard of that :dunno:

But if the whites are fully cooked, and soft yolk, it's over medium. Over easy is where the whites aren't fully cooked & still snotty. I can't stand snotty eggs. Blech
No wonder I was getting "raw" eggs when I ordered them over easy! I thought I had a shitty cook at the diner.

it does depend on the cook's knowledge or ability to get the eggs just right. Most fail and you still get some snot right around the edge between the white & yolk. I cut that out & leave it on the plate.
If you're doing them at home, the easiest way to get cooked whites and runny yolks is to not turn them, cook them "sunny side up" but instead of just spooning hot fat over them, once the white has set on the bottom, take your tiniest pot lid and cover them up for about a minute or two. The yolk does get a little "filmy" looking, but they are just right.

I like them soufleed/baked. I think some people call them Dutch eggs. You beat the whites separate and fold them into the beaten yolks, start them in the frypan just to set the bottom and then put it in the oven to finish cooking. Light fluffy and flavorful.

But if the whites are fully cooked, and soft yolk, it's over medium. Over easy is where the whites aren't fully cooked & still snotty. I can't stand snotty eggs. Blech
No wonder I was getting "raw" eggs when I ordered them over easy! I thought I had a shitty cook at the diner.

it does depend on the cook's knowledge or ability to get the eggs just right. Most fail and you still get some snot right around the edge between the white & yolk. I cut that out & leave it on the plate.
If you're doing them at home, the easiest way to get cooked whites and runny yolks is to not turn them, cook them "sunny side up" but instead of just spooning hot fat over them, once the white has set on the bottom, take your tiniest pot lid and cover them up for about a minute or two. The yolk does get a little "filmy" looking, but they are just right.

Agreed, but I'll plate them, then turn the pan over the top to cover for a few. The heat in the pan is usually enough to finish the whites

If I do em sunnyside up I use the electric skillet.
Toss in some butter,add the eggs and a couple tablespoons of water and cover.
They come out absolutely perfect.

Love me some Quiche....
Quiche

True, but that's why I didn't include Quiche, Omelets or even Benedict which I love.....cause they include other stuff.

I'll agree ( :eek: ) on quiche since it's also pastry. But an omelette is just eggs with accessories -- or without, could be a plain omelette. Could be as simple as cheese.

I luvs my omelettes.

But those 'accessories' include many choices in themselves. Hubs likes his with just cheese, then globs strawberry jam over the top. YUCK
I & the boys like all kinds of stuff & depends on what I have available.....chopped ham, sausage, bacon, mushrooms, onions & peppers

Love me some Quiche....
Quiche

I luvs my omelettes.

But those 'accessories' include many choices in themselves. Hubs likes his with just cheese, then globs strawberry jam over the top. YUCK
I & the boys like all kinds of stuff & depends on what I have available.....chopped ham, sausage, bacon, mushrooms, onions & peppers

I agree with both of those sediments including the yuck. Jam? That's just wrong.

But --- you can still make an omelette without any extraneous ingredients and it's still an omelette because of how it's made. After that point it's just a question of what the optional ingredients might be, if any. But they're all made as omelettes.

I luvs my omelettes.

I agree with both of those sediments including the yuck. Jam? That's just wrong.

But --- you can still make an omelette without any extraneous ingredients and it's still an omelette because of how it's made. After that point it's just a question of what the optional ingredients might be, if any. But they're all made as omelettes.

Love a Frittata as well...when it comes to eggs with stuff in em.
The texture kicks ass!!
Sunday Frittata

Yes, okay FINE. Eggs with stuff is still eggs.....Oops I either forgot or didn't include them based on my own opinion and so that's my mistake. Thank you both for enlightening me. :thup:

Forum List

Back