• Poached

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Coddled

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

JustAnotherNut

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2015
I prefer over medium, so the whites are fully cooked and the yolk soft & runny to dip my toast. If I have a fried egg sandwich, well done. Deviled is good too

I like them soufleed/baked. I think some people call them Dutch eggs. You beat the whites separate and fold them into the beaten yolks, start them in the frypan just to set the bottom and then put it in the oven to finish cooking. Light fluffy and flavorful.
Otherwise I like them over easy, but for sure the whites need to be cooked.

I voted for most of 'em except the extremes of hard/soft. No idea what "coddled" means though. :dunno:

Is that like when your egg wants to learn to drive and you get all fussy about how it has to wear its seat belt? :eusa_angel:

Btw you forgot "omeletted". That's what I had today. Spinach, mushroom, imported Gouda and feta.

I like them soufleed/baked. I think some people call them Dutch eggs. You beat the whites separate and fold them into the beaten yolks, start them in the frypan just to set the bottom and then put it in the oven to finish cooking. Light fluffy and flavorful.

I don't think I've ever heard of that :dunno:

But if the whites are fully cooked, and soft yolk, it's over medium. Over easy is where the whites aren't fully cooked & still snotty. I can't stand snotty eggs. Blech

I voted for most of 'em except the extremes of hard/soft. No idea what "coddled" means though. :dunno:

Is that like when your egg wants to learn to drive and you get all fussy about how it has to wear its seat belt? :eusa_angel:
I think that means when you basically poach them in a liquid that you also ingest, instead of just boiling water.

Yike, that sounds like so much work :uhh:

But if the whites are fully cooked, and soft yolk, it's over medium. Over easy is where the whites aren't fully cooked & still snotty. I can't stand snotty eggs. Blech
No wonder I was getting "raw" eggs when I ordered them over easy! I thought I had a shitty cook at the diner.

Yike, that sounds like so much work :(
It's definitely a Sunday thing.

Btw you forgot "omeletted". That's what I had today. Spinach, mushroom, imported Gouda and feta.

Coddled eggs are just barely cooked.....pretty much a raw egg with a little heat treatment.

I didn't include omelets cause that's a whole different ball game......to me anyway.

My understanding --- and what I get if I order "over easy" -- is fully cooked whites and not-fully-cooked (runny) yolks.

Excellent -- I knew we could find something to argue about if we teamed up. :rock:

No wonder I was getting "raw" eggs when I ordered them over easy! I thought I had a shitty cook at the diner.

it does depend on the cook's knowledge or ability to get the eggs just right. Most fail and you still get some snot right around the edge between the white & yolk. I cut that out & leave it on the plate.

My understanding --- and what I get if I order "over easy" -- is fully cooked whites and not-fully-cooked (runny) yolks.

Excellent -- I knew we could find something to argue about if we teamed up. :rock:

Then maybe the cooks in your area do that, but around here 'over easy' is to crack an egg into the pan, cook only long enough to set the bottom, turn it over to cook until that is just set.......the white isn't fully cooked.

We seem to argue over most everything, and agree on very little.

Forum List

Back