Freedom of Speech Trampled on in Colorado School

see, now THAT would piss me off!

It's amazing how much the Cons whine about EVERYTHING!

I'd love to see this dad's lawsuit... perhaps he should read the student code of conduct next time.

I doubt it was a con who freaked out. Generally the hysterics in schools are the liberal bureaucrats.

I doubt it was a con who freaked out. Generally the hysterics in schools are the liberal bureaucrats.
The person that started this thread isn't a con? Or the daddy that's having a fit?

Learn to read for comprehension.

Now you're complaining that enforcing the rules at school is liberal hysterics???

:rofl:

The person that started this thread isn't a con? Or the daddy that's having a fit?

Learn to read for comprehension.

Now you're complaining that enforcing the rules at school is liberal hysterics???

:rofl:
so filing a law suit for redress of grievance is now having a fit?

No, they love me. I just spent the weekend with that son, he's grown with his own little girl. He's wonderful with kids, including my younger ones, and we have a great time together.

I always told him if he wanted tats and to be obviously anti-establishment he could do it as an adult, but I wasn't going to stand by and watch him burn bridges when he was under my care. And he didn't. He did pierce his ears, but that wasn't a big deal.

The other boy has tats on his wrists, I think it's Chinese lettering, I don't know exactly. They're pretty. He didn't get them until he was grown. He loves me, too, I just talked to him the other night. He's in Tennessee.

I was actually being sarcastic Allie, I didn't figure they hated you. You're style of parenting is similar to mine. I don't believe in spanking so I've always used restriction and punishments that lasted a lot longer than a smack on the ass would. My daughter hates when I have to "talk" to her... she says "can't you just hit me like my friends moms" :lol: but she's the best behaved kid in her peer group so I guess it works.

My daughter also wants tats, probably cuz I have a few...but like you, I told her she had to wait until she was 18 just like I did.

What part of TN?

and yes, I agree on the school uniform thing too... I hate having to shop for school clothes...

you are one to talk, moron
731_antagonize.gif

The kid should have been told to change shirts or turn that one inside out. My school always gave us school logo shirts if we wore an inappropriate shirt to school. The shirt clearly had no place in the classroom, nor does any other political paraphernalia.

The boy should not have been suspended. He should have been allowed to wear his shirt I've seen stop Bush shirts and shirts with Obama's face on them being worn in school so why is an anti Obama shirt horrible?

The kid should have been told to change shirts or turn that one inside out. My school always gave us school logo shirts if we wore an inappropriate shirt to school. The shirt clearly had no place in the classroom, nor does any other political paraphernalia.

I think jsanders I read in the article someplace the kid was asked to turn the shirt inside out and didn't. I did read where the school was sponsoring a red white and blue day, but if the kid showed up with a shirt that the school felt violated policy, then they were well withing their rights to as they did. From what I see though, the school is saying the shirt is not the reason they suspended him, it had more to do with his refusal to change it or turn it inside out. The shirt itself was clearly not appropriate for a school setting , however if the school were allowing Obama for president, or McCain for president shirts then I see nothing wrong with something along those lines. I don't think that teachers should be expressing views on one candidate or the other to children.

The boy should not have been suspended. He should have been allowed to wear his shirt I've seen stop Bush shirts and shirts with Obama's face on them being worn in school so why is an anti Obama shirt horrible?

I think it had to do with the timing.

Some one thought it would be neat idea to have all the kids where red white and blue shirts in a patriotic display. I'm sure they thought it would be fun and promote a sense of unity. And I'm sure the guys in charge of discipline rolled their eyes and got ready to look out for smart asses. So when this smart ass kid "displays his patriotism" with an "attack ad" shirt sporting the word TERRORIST in nice blood red letters, they were all over it.

Somehow I doubt the kid would have caught the same grief if he had worn a "Nobama" shirt on a normal day.

I think jsanders I read in the article someplace the kid was asked to turn the shirt inside out and didn't. I did read where the school was sponsoring a red white and blue day, but if the kid showed up with a shirt that the school felt violated policy, then they were well withing their rights to as they did. From what I see though, the school is saying the shirt is not the reason they suspended him, it had more to do with his refusal to change it or turn it inside out. The shirt itself was clearly not appropriate for a school setting , however if the school were allowing Obama for president, or McCain for president shirts then I see nothing wrong with something along those lines. I don't think that teachers should be expressing views on one candidate or the other to children.
if the school has a policy of no political shirts allowed, then they are in the right, if they allow other politicals shirts, then they opened the can of worms and now they are in the wrong

but i agree that this is more likely an expression of his dads thoughts more so than his own
i disagree with children being used for political fodder

Forum List

Back